1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Skull Helm

Discussion in 'Weapons, Armor and Clothes' started by Alluvian_Est-Endrati, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Skull Helm - A Bone Helmet Mod
    This mod introduced the Skull Helm, a craftable piece of bone armor that can be worn int he primary slot, or as a mask over existing armor. Crafting the item requires bone block materials (and some pixels). The visual appearance of the helm can be seen in the above video.

This mod has been spun off from my work on another project; one for craftable bone weapons and armor of various types. As I thought some people may like a Skull Helm for decorative uses, I decided to release this part stand-alone while still working on the other project.

Download Link: http://www.4shared.com/rar/uMfhvXdx/skullhelm.html

Instructions for Installation:
    • Download the file.
    • The "bone" directory in the archive must be unpacked to: assets\recipes\armor\other
    • The "skullhelm" directory must be unpacked to: assets\items\armors\other
    • The "hornedskullhelm" directory must be unpacked to: assets\items\armors\other
    • The recipe requires a crafting table, bone material blocks and pixels
    There are two ways to add the recipe:

• Method A (Available at Creation): Add the following line to the "tier1" section in the player.config file: { "item" : "skullhelm" },
    • Method B (Learn on pickup of a bone block): Add the following lines of code to: bonematerial.matitem in assets\items\materials
    Code:
      "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [
        "skullhelm"
      ],

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Could you check your PMs please.?

3. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Added a 2nd helm type, a horned version of the original. Slightly better than its predecessor. Crafting a Skull Helm automatically gives you the recipe for the Horned version when you pick it up.

ahappydude likes this.
  4. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, first, cool mod! I rescently found bones deep underground. I added the tier 1 lines and the folders in the right maps. Ingame the helmet doesnt show up, wonder what i dind wrong haha :p Great its allready so moddable game =)

5. wingedwolf123

wingedwolf123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i think mods atm only affect new chars made after adding files not pre existing chars

6. lyrael_rayne

lyrael_rayne Big Damn Hero

Not true. I've added a bunch of recipes to the game and had them added to an existing character by setting them to be learned when a stone pickaxe is picked up. Drop a pickaxe on that character and pick it up and they'll learn the recipes. Likewise I've edited the stats of items and they take effect next time the game is loaded on new or old characters alike.

7. wingedwolf123

wingedwolf123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh ok i stand corrected :)

8. WickedWitch

WickedWitch Big Damn Hero

It's saying the file has been deleted. I'd love to know how to implement hats, as I can't seem to get mine to work.

9. PolarStar

PolarStar Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd download this, but I'm not a huge fan of the spammy, premium-requiring file sharing site full of advertisements and wait times. And that site looks super shady.

10. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It didnt show up for me as i said