Skull cavern problem

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Shuunsei, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Shuunsei

Shuunsei Void-Bound Voyager

As the title says, when entering skull cavern cave i get black screen then game stops responding (map stays on dessert)

[11:13:28.302 PM] An error occured in the base update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "mine_desert". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\mine_desert.xnb". File not found.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in C:\Users\tomc\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stardew.XNA\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 36
    at Entoarox.Framework.SmartContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet(TileSheet tileSheet) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Display\XnaDisplayDevice.cs:line 94
    at xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets(IDisplayDevice displayDevice) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Map.cs:line 309
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\tomc\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stardew.XNA\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2964
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\tomc\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stardew.XNA\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1598
    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in Z:\Projects\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 790

here is a the recent mods i installed before i wan'st able to access skull cavern:
    FasterPaths
    FarmAutomation.ItemCollector
    SMAPISprinklerMod
    NoSoilDecay
    CookingSkill(downloaded the new update)

I also went to my backup stardew valley folder without mods/overwrite files and looked for "mine_desert" which stated is missing but I've compared the two folders (backup vs the current folder I'm playing with)
    and they have the same # of files, can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

• ghomerghamer

ghomerghamer Void-Bound Voyager

i just ran in to this problem. it is stating that the mine_desert.xnb file is missing. in the content folder, there are three mine files: mine.xnb, mine_dark.xnb and mine_lava.xnb. the error is claiming to WANT the file mine_desert.xnb but that file doesn't seem to exist. i checked my wife's game, that file is not in her game either. i get this error while running SMAPI and running with zero mods at all (from the regular steam exe file). ill be digging for the root of this problem

• ghomerghamer

ghomerghamer Void-Bound Voyager

look in your \content\mines folder, you should see a mine_desert.xnb. COPY and PASTE this into the \content folder and restart the game, then try going into the skull caverns. it worked for me in regular mode, and in SMAPI mode =) finally got to use that darn key!

• ghostbunny

ghostbunny Intergalactic Tourist

^ can confirm