1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Skittles Template Race Mod 3.0.4

Do you want to create your own race mod, but you don't know where to start? This is the mod for you!

1. sar75

sar75 Space Hobo

Hey skittles nevermind I ReRan The Batch File Copied The Textures over and reuploaded it to steam and it works :)

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Aha. So after making those changes, is your issue resolved?

3. DrPvtSkittles

4. ManuelSG02

ManuelSG02 Void-Bound Voyager

Where is the pet? i need edit it for my race.

5. DrPvtSkittles

6. Zach_Attack

Zach_Attack Pangalactic Porcupine

7. DrPvtSkittles

Skittles Basic Race Template\objects\ship\sktestcaptainschair you must change this line:
    "interactAction" : "openCockpitInterface"
    To:
    "interactAction" : "ScriptPane",
    "interactData" : "/interface/cockpit/cockpit.config",

And for the cinematics, copy this 5 files from \cinematics\teleport:
    • deploy_human.cinematic
    • deploypod_human.frames
    • deploypod_human.png
    • deploypodin_human.frames
    • deploypodin_human.png

Change human word for your racename also you must change that inside deploy_human.cinematic too.

If you want a mech to test this, the penguin that gives you a mech is under penguin pete in the sewers.

Skittles Basic Race Template\cinematics\teleport
    http://puu.sh/wflMG/4ca697f662.png
    were added.

Thanks to Chofranc

8. drathi

drathi Void-Bound Voyager

What do i use to open it on a mac?

9. DrPvtSkittles

10. poweredbyNeon

poweredbyNeon Big Damn Hero

if I want my species to have facial markings, how would I add this? I'm using this guide, however it doesn't include clear instructions. I've tried doing what I can based on the guide, however it either crashes my game when I try to test it or simply doesn't work. Help!

11. poweredbyNeon

update: I figured out how to get the markings to show up! Now just working on getting the colours to work.

12. DrPvtSkittles

That's great. Hows the progress going now?

13. poweredbyNeon

it's not going horribly but i can't seem to get the actual command to work. i've got all the hex codes correct (which was an adventure in of itself, lol) but i think something's wrong with the way i'm trying to name the commands? i'm not sure

14. DrPvtSkittles

Name the command? Do you mean like "pants colour" and such. If so naming isn't important.

15. DrPvtSkittles

If you ever get super lost/frustrated, you can add me on steam or whatever, and send me what you've got so far for me to take a look at. I love to help!

16. poweredbyNeon

not quite...
    upload_2017-6-30_13-35-48.png
    the actual command is called 'facialMask', but there's no 'facialMaskColour' option like there is for hair or skin colours
    upload_2017-6-30_13-37-36.png
    i've tried changing 'undyColour' to 'facialmaskColour' (since it isn't used) but it crashes my game, and if i don't rename it, the command i have listed upload_2017-6-30_13-39-29.png
    doesn't change anything

17. DrPvtSkittles

Don't rename undycolour no matter whatever you use it for, as you have learned it will buggar things up.

The "charGenTextLabels" are just that, labels. What will be seen when someone is in the character creation menu. Also make Fenrir in uppercase, so FENRIR as that's how all race names are done.

I would look to the hylotl files as they seem to achieve what you are after
    [​IMG]
    The yellow colour is "haircolour" the red is "undycolour" and the brown is "bodycolour"

"altOptionAsUndyColor" : true,
    "headOptionAsHairColor" : true,
    "altOptionAsHairColor" : true,
    "hairColorAsBodySubColor" : true,

Unless of course you are after changing facial markings then I would look towards the avian

[​IMG]

Where their facial markings are the "undycolour" and are called 'fluff'

"facialHairGroup" : "fluff",
    "facialHair" : [ "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10" ],

"headOptionAsFacialhair" : true,
    "altOptionAsFacialMask" : true,
    "bodyColorAsFacialMaskSubColor" : true,
    "altColorAsFacialMaskSubColor" : true,

Tho for reasons I don't understand only body colour has values.

"bodyColor" : [
    { "ffca8a" : "f0608b", "e0975c" : "cd5061", "a85636" : "95484c", "6f2919" : "6a3836", "f32200" : "f6fbfb", "dc1f00" : "d7e8e8", "be1b00" : "8fa7a3", "951500" : "5d6d69", "d9c189" : "eacf60", "a38d59" : "c1a24e", "735e3a" : "977841" },

18. Panyang

Panyang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It makes creating race mod much easier, seriously...

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  19. DrPvtSkittles

I agree! I'm not sure if anyone knows... but I've used it myself for the Skelekin and Terrakin race mods. So handy! haha

20. FelisMoonie

FelisMoonie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

DrPvtSkittles! I Found a bug that cause the game crashing! I dont know if this alredy was reported or not, but if you open the crafting menu (HandCrafting) with the template race in admin mode, the game crashes. all the bugged files are in \objects\ships. i think every folder in it makes the game crash. im testing and trying to fix it by myself, but i guess i should say it to you too. good luck with it