1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Skittles Template Race Mod 3.0.4

Do you want to create your own race mod, but you don't know where to start? This is the mod for you!

1. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Awesome. all g,

2. TheStartledDeer

TheStartledDeer Void-Bound Voyager

My race's icon seems to be missing when creating a character and the mod's internal name is still the template's name despite running the .BAT file. Looking through the log file there's this message:
    "[22:06:48.047] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'Skittles Basic Race Template' at '..\mods\Shelri Basic Race'"

Ignoring the internal name goof I wanted to see what was wrong with the race icon, so I put the original template folder in the mods folder with my mod. when I loaded the game back up it replaced my entire mod with the template in the game. the log file mentions nothing about the icon but did say the original template took priority over the modded folder due to them having the exact same internal name. The problem is I can't find the name anywhere in the files. the only things I have messed with code-wise is the colors for character creation and the race description

3. DrPvtSkittles

There is a file in the main folder called metadata. Open that up and change the information in there

Also can i ask what you called your race? Did you use any capitals?

4. TheStartledDeer

TheStartledDeer Void-Bound Voyager

The name I entered was shelri, although it's not final. I thought I accidentally used a capital so I backed my mod up and ran the .BIN file again to try and fix it. I haven't done much with the mod yet so it's no big deal if I need to start over

Edit: I just moved the information to a new template folder. I'm waiting to run the bat file until satisfied with the mod

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  5. DrPvtSkittles

Ah so you are starting with a fresh template?

6. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles updated Skittles Template Race Mod with a new update entry:

Like a bat outta hell.

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. ERedDog

ERedDog Void-Bound Voyager

Hey its EredDog from steam here is my mod

Attached Files:

8. DrPvtSkittles

Oh I see what is goin on here.

The treasure pool for the ship locker, and the recipe is looking for "stolensock" however you have changed the "itemName" to "Stolen Sock" that's why the game can't find it

Do not use capital letters or spaces in itemNames and objectNames. The game doesn't like it. The itemName is what the game reads, so for safety's sake for a race mod id put your racename first, then your item name. This is to make sure someone else won't make an item with the same name, causing a conflict. Your description can be anything you want, even if its been done a million times.

For example my penguikin race has a staff:

Code:
      "itemName" : "pengukinstaff",
      "level" : 6,
      "price" : 1400,
      "maxStack" : 1,
      "rarity" : "Legendary",
      "description" : "Brrrr!",
      "shortdescription" : "Icy Staff",
    Itemname is pengukinstaff, but in game it says Icy Staff.

9. ERedDog

It still shows up as the pgi I changed the item name in the treasure pool to ferretsword as well so I don't know what I am doing wrong
    Code:
      "itemName" : "ferretsword",
      "price" : 500,
      "maxStack" : 1,
      "rarity" : "Common",
      "description" : "a random sock some ferret stole",
      "shortdescription" : "Stolen Sock",

10. DrPvtSkittles

Start with a fresh template, name your race. Then for that sword do NOT change the "itemName" just change the description and shortdescription.

11. ERedDog

So do I have to start again?

12. ERedDog

I fixed it. I took the active item file from a fresh untouched mod, put it in, changed a couple of things and BOOM it worked. Thanks for the help.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  13. DrPvtSkittles

Sweet!

14. DrPvtSkittles

15. DrPvtSkittles

16. DrPvtSkittles