RELEASED Skirt/Dress for Male or Female Farmer & Round Face for Males

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Alex_01, Mar 11, 2016.

1. CosyAlligator

CosyAlligator Aquatic Astronaut

I edited my farmer's sprites in the farmer.xnb file to draw it on ^^

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

what version are you using?

basically, you open up the xnb file with xnb node: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4ttswl7tsdaynm/XNBNode.0.2.1.7z
      then edit the png to your liking
      then repack it and replace the original (after backing it up of course).

If you tell me what version you're using I can give you the .png to edit to your liking and either I or someone else (If they see it first) would repack it for you I'm sure.

• itsbea

itsbea Tentacle Wrangler

I'd love to try to edit some blush on to my farmer :D
        Might I please have the .png to edit as well? I'm currently using v1.O5 if you're referring to the client version for the game? :eek:

update: ah yes, I am also using the regular short skirt mod as well!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
        • jedikitty

jedikitty Aquatic Astronaut

I'd like to get in on this as well, if it's not too much of a bother ! I've tried xnb node, and it's just not working out for me. :( I'm using "shorter skirt for female farmer" if you're talking about this mod, and the latest version of the game, if you're talking about that. :) Feel free to PM me if you want, I don't want to derail this thread or anything !

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

It's really about whether you're using the rounded face version or not. I don't mind derailing anything :p If Alex does then we can relocate.

Edit: I'm assuming you're both using the non rounded shorter skirt v2
            Edit Edit: Here you go :) (You don't have to do anything with the .json It's just for repacking.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
              itsbea likes this.
            • bitesizedboy

bitesizedboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

So adding blush to a male character, I would need a male base? Where may I locate that lmao (version 1.05)
              (has no idea what he's doing)

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

are you using any version from this thread?

Edit: think im just going to give a crash course in using xnbnode to y'all, let me type that up.
                Edit Edit: oh and if you're using steam, it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Farmer\farmer_base.xnb if you're using GOG I don't really know where GOG saves such things but it would be (whereverthatis)\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Farmer\farmer_base.xnb

Step 1:
                First off, You'll want to go to this thread:

http://community.playstarbound.com/...guides-and-general-modding-discussion.106868/

and grab XNB Node (0.2.1) By Draivin.
                Direct link here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4ttswl7tsdaynm/XNBNode.0.2.1.7z

Then Locate your \Stardew Valley\ Folder. Which odds are is probably either:
                C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\
                or,
                whereeverGOGsavesgames xD\Stardew Valley\
                then,
                BACKUP YOUR STARDEW VALLEY FOLDER! and then unzip and place the contents of the XNBNode folder (app & xnb_node.cmd) inside your Stardew Valley root folder.

Step 2:
                All your .xnb files are located in \Stardew Valley\Content\
                Let's take for example, if we wanted to edit the hair of our Farmer, that file would be \Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Farmer\hairstyles.xnb

From here, this is how I find it the easiest to do. I would copy the hairstyles.xnb file, and place that copy into my root folder (\Stardew Valley\), so it's in the same location as my xnb_node.cmd.

Now you would want to open a command prompt, on windows just open the start menu, type cmd in the search bar and hit enter. Then change directories to your Stardew Valley folder by typing:
                cd <your folder location>
                For example I would type cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\

Of course, you could also always just take a copy of your cmd.exe and place it in your Stardew Valley folder, open it from there, and it should work just fine.

Step 3:

Now I've only ever gone after .xnb files for their .png files so I'm sure there's better guides out there if your purpose is for anything other than just editing the pixels. From here though you should have a cmd prompt open looking something like:

[​IMG]

From here you would want to extract the .xnb into a .json file. Which will leave you with a .png and a .json (Just leave the .json alone and keep it next to the .png for packing after you edit the .png).

So if we were to extract the hairstyles.xnb file the command would be:
                xnb_node extract hairstyles.xnb hairstyles.json

Then just go ahead and edit your .png (Which will now be located in your Stardew Valley folder) with your favorite Image editor :). One more thing, I'm not certain if this is necessary but I typically now delete my copy of the .xnb I'm editing since I'm not positive xnb_node will overwrite the original. Once you're done editing your .png, simply type:
                xnb_node pack hairstyles.json hairstyles.xnb

Now you should have a new .xnb to place in your Content folder :). If you made any mistakes on it, you can always take a copy of the original from the backup you made previously in the guide and replace it. It is also always a good idea to keep a copy of the extracted files from the .xnb that you are editing so if you make any mistakes, you can come back to it easily and fix them.

That should be all folks. If you need any clarification on anything, let me know alright?

Edit Edit Edit: I created a thread for a guide located here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/xnb-node-simple-usage-guide.110976/

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                  itsbea likes this.
                • Eyb0ss

Eyb0ss Space Spelunker

Great now i can be a English man in a dress :D

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

This is my favorite mod so far. So glad you made it for us!

• Jinxiewinxie

Oh, for people requesting the blush, here is my edited file. You don't have to do the xnb node stuff if you want to be lazy and like the way mine looks. Just replace your farmer_girl_base.xnb with mine (make sure to create a back-up of yours just in case).

Here's a couple of screenshots (don't mind the hair, I got it from this mod):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1) Download the zip folder and then open it
                      2) Navigate to where your Stardew stuff is installed (mine is Steam>steamapps>common>Stardew Valley>Content>Characters>Farmer) and make a back-up of your farmer_girl_base.xnb (I do this by just changing the filename or copying and pasting it into a different backup folder somewhere)
                      3) Copy the new farmer_girl_base.xnb and paste it into your Farmer folder or drag and drop it into your Farmer folder
                      4) Be happy with purplypink blush, round face and skirt all in one ^_^

Attached Files:

• Jinxiewinxie

itsbea likes this.
                      • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Where can the mod be found for the round face for females alone? I've searched for the mod under Beret's name, but can only find their White Demetrius mod, that's it.

I'm personally not a fan of skirts, but would love to have the round face with that "longer" chin look.

• Alex_01

Alex_01 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here is the link to Beret's Face Mod without the skirt: :nuruwink:
                          http://community.playstarbound.com/...modding-discussion.106868/page-3#post-2793157

• Gihmo

Gihmo Lucky Number 13

Who I can the Fire horse?:nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruhype::nuruhype::nuruhype::nuruhype:

• Jinxiewinxie

• hong543543123

hong543543123 Space Hobo

Jinxiewinxie
                              do you a mod skirt but don't have a round face

• Jinxiewinxie

Yes, if you use my Get Dressed mod, you can choose from something like 9 different skirts and either the normal face or a round face. You can also choose which nose you'd like and which shoes =)