RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. agilebee

agilebee Void-Bound Voyager

So the reason you can't do anything with the spouse rooms is because you have no experience with SMAPI modding, right?

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

That is correct. I have absolutely no knowledge of how to make a SMAPI mod (or coding, for that matter, beyond what I can do with .json and .yaml files), nor the time/drive to apply myself into doing so (I have several other projects I'm working on). Otherwise I'd try building something like SpouseRoom mod, which has the capabilities of mixing and matching, and further, being able to apply spouse rooms to custom NPCs, so that anyone making new NPCs just has to make the room as part of SpouseRoom.tbin.

• agilebee

Regarding bugs with the CP conversion, I've found a pretty major one. A lot of the heart events don't trigger for me. Neither of Willy's will happen, Clint's second 10-heart and his 8-heart won't trigger, and neither of Pam's will trigger. Those are just the ones that come to mind, but I know there's a few more.

• foggywizard

The fact that Pam's 10 heart event won't trigger is not a bug. I set it so that it wouldn't trigger without first seeing Pam's 8 heart event. Otherwise Penny would send you a letter about the 8 heart event (which didn't happen), and the weirdness of it was bothering me. I have triggered both Pam's and Clint's 8 heart events myself and Pam's 10 heart event, so I'm not sure what could be causing you to have trouble. And having rechecked the events for Willy, they *should* work. It seems that the Fish Shop isn't a valid location for the events to start. I've changed it to start at the beach, and warp you to the event. It's a bit wonky in terms of perspective, but it *does* at least work now. I'll do additional testing for Clint's 10 heart event when I can. Here's the file with the updated Willy Events. I also attempted to add in a factor where Wizard's and Sandy's names changed, but as it didn't work, it was nixed for this update. I will look into it further at a later date.
          Update on the conditional Rename situation: Impossible without a SMAPI mod. Game loads character dispositions (which also has their names) before you load your character.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
          • eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

could someone do this mod pliz?
            "Invatorzen's Dialogue Changes For Adarin's Girl Mod For (1.2 and 1.3)" -- i'm more interested in the 1.3 version, since i have 1.3.28
            link: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1950

in advance, thank you endlessly!

• agilebee

Is there a way for me to make the game think I haven't seen any of the events?

• foggywizard

I...hmm. I suppose you could try opening content.json and try changing the event ids for them? Or duplicating the event, and changing the duplicate event's id so that it's its own event, even if it *is* the same? I've never tried, so I don't know. Changing the event id *feels* like it would work, since I think it stores the event id as whether or not you've seen an event. Requiring you to have seen a specific event to trigger other events wouldn't work otherwise.

• agilebee

Do you think that uninstalling the mod, running the game, then installing it again would reset everything?

• foggywizard

...Maybe? I really haven't ever dealt with this issue before.

• foggywizard

I haven't had a chance to properly test this yet, but it does load into the game without errors. It's the spouse rooms, and you need TMX to use them.

Attached Files:

• Atrien

Atrien Big Damn Hero

Hi. I don't use the forums very often but I was wondering if the mod was compatible with the 1.3 release, been trying to read through the thread but maybe I missed something. Also would it work if I was hosting a multiplayer game? Or just single player? Thank you. :)

• foggywizard

The CP conversion is 1.3 compatible. I don't know if it would work on multiplayer or not since that hasn't been tested, but it should, in theory. If not, it may be a case of everyone needing it installed.

• Atrien

Atrien Big Damn Hero

Awesome. Thank you. :)

• Atrien

Atrien Big Damn Hero

I have another quick question. Not sure if this is a known issue (Admittedly I haven't read through the entire thread.) but all the towns folk's names seem to have merged with their location. Example being Caroline's name is now Seed Shop 22 5 and Willy is FishShop 5. Some are still normal like Emily and Shane as well as the Dwarf oddly, but SebastionRoom 10 9 and the other townies seem to be affected by this :p Any ideas? Maybe I did something wrong when I patched the files

Also just found while processing geode's Clint has replaced his blacksmith hammer's head with his own blushing face. lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
                              • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I have no idea about the names but I believe the Clint thing was a known issue awhile back.

• foggywizard

The names thing though...that sounds like a problem some others had with Craftable Mushroom Boxes when I made it. People who weren't playing on the English version would end up with a bug that turned the names of the craftable items into the requirements to get them, because for the non-English versions it would have the names at the end of the string. That shouldn't be possible here though, since even the English version lists their names at the end for this one. Furthermore, it doesn't even touch the data for the other NPCs. It's set up to specifically target only the data of the nine Siv's marriage candidates. Currently, at least. I might look into adding some in-law data for some of their loved ones down the road, but for now...

• Atrien

Atrien Big Damn Hero

Yeah, it's strange. I only replaced the content folder with the one from the mod, I didn't download the gfx update. :(

• foggywizard

You...replaced the content folder. That'd be why, actually. The one that's up to date for 1.3 is my CP conversion, not the xnb replacements. The names are added at the end in 1.3 where they weren't before.
                                      I have two different mods on this page, [CP] Siv's Marriage Mod, which is the up-to-date, won't interfere with the new events, configurable down to the people you want to make date-able version I upkeep and intend to keep improving, since Siv has basically given the mod up for adoption. The second mod, [TMX] Siv's Spouse Rooms, does the Smapi part of Siv's Marriage Mod by letting you load up spouse rooms.
                                      [CP] Siv's Marriage Mod requires Content Patcher.
                                      [TMX] Siv's Spouse Rooms requires TMXLoader.
                                      [CP] Siv's Marriage Mod DOES NOT REQUIRE [TMX] Siv's Spouse Rooms in order to function.
                                      All going without Siv's Spouse Rooms does is leave your Spouse's room empty.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
                                      • Atrien

Atrien Big Damn Hero

Ahhh now I understand the mistake. Okay I'll give that a shot, thanks for the info!

• foggywizard

Just so everyone is aware, I will, from now on, be upkeeping this over on Nexus Mods.
                                          I tried getting in contact with Siv, to ask him to add me to the permissions for updating his mod, but as he has not responded, I have posted it a new name (with everyone who worked on Siv's listed in the credits).
                                          Link is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3054