RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

is krobus marryable in this mod?

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think so... (I wish!) Every time I see someone try to make Krobus a bachelor something seems to go wrong...

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

poor guy is a jynx @______@

Sugar-Fable likes this.
        • LiveWireGoth

LiveWireGoth Void-Bound Voyager

The tags show the names of who is available to marry in the mod, would be kind of cool if Krobus was a bachelor especially without a mod that doesn't crash when you propose to him. From what I know the date Krobus mod works but will crash at a certain point when proposing, sometimes bugging out so the game doesn't believe it's installed.(though that might have just been the mod needing to be updated or something)

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

date krobus crashes right after you give him the flowers, he will say you already asked someone else(even if you haven't) then the flowers will cause an item-handler error that terminates the game. on reload it either shows you both as dating or shows him not to be single and a necklace will either have him ask you if it is a joke then crashes right away or does the same thing with the bouquet after he says it will take three days and asks if you are nervous(spoiler, the marriage does not take place)

• LiveWireGoth

RIP anyone that wants to date him(hopefully someone can help you marry him)

Sugar-Fable likes this.
              • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i knoooow, he is like the least crappy adult in the game(though willy is ok outside of the drinking) and one of the most aesthetically interesting. i have been wondering if there is a way to get around his monster-type as that seems to be the biggest hurdle for getting him to work

• LiveWireGoth

Who knows, maybe if we're both lucky someone fixes the Krobus mod & updates the Wizard part of the dating mod

Darkcedars likes this.
                  • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i thought someone had addressed the wizard elsewhere?

• LiveWireGoth

They did but it needs updating too, the most they did was add some edited dialog options(such as single wizard, young wizard & no implied daughter wizard) but other than that it's as updated as the mod we're talking in the threads of that it came from

• Kijowolf

Kijowolf Orbital Explorer

this mod can work in the 1.3 and in a multiplayer farm ?

• LiveWireGoth

As far as I know the mod works in 1.3 but it's outdated so do certain things before putting it in & make sure you backup your save file before hand. One event that the mod has issues with is the secret note about the bear & maple syrup.

Darkcedars likes this.
                          • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Possible work around for Krobus being un-datable would be to possibly add him in as a custom NPC and change the current Krobus to something else.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

except the name 'krous' seems to be locked into hiw monster-typeing so you'd have to change his name or have a "krowbus" or a "crobus" or a "krobu" X'''D

• LiveWireGoth

Kind of wish I knew how to code, I'd do something like that

• eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

could also just hide or move his sprite when he's not supposed to be in the sewers xD (and move him into the farm at 8 hearts or something)

edit: any news on this mod branching off as another mod? or another mod being based on this?
                                  or anyone updating this mod?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

would that work? or would his status as a monster give him roaming farm script like the other monsters?

• hadesxpluto

hadesxpluto Void-Bound Voyager

These visual updates are really visually pleasing, though, like damn.
                                      However, like Kijowolf, I was wondering if the mod works in 1.3. I understand that it's outdated, but is it outdated to a problematic extent? I've done the event already in which you give the bear maple syrup, but while I would love to date all the characters, I'd rather not the game gets bugged to a degree in which it become unplayable :x.

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

If it was updated to a full CP mod it might work well. Its main issue is that it's a collection of xnb replacements. If someone were to make a CP version of it, changing up the events and dialogue so that the content.json would add them instead of replacing them, it should work just fine.

hadesxpluto likes this.
                                        • foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Ok, so here's a CP conversion of the mod, with both appearance and exactly who to enable dating on configurable. I'm still in the process of ironing out any kinks, so if you see any strange behavior here, please, let me know, in detail, what happened so I can check it out.

Attached Files: