RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. purrinoia

purrinoia Void-Bound Voyager

which version of smapi do you need?

• Iragana

Iragana Space Spelunker

i hope the new version comes out soon

• Gorehowk

Gorehowk Intergalactic Tourist

Is this compatible with the mod that changes the wizard into a witch? I assume not since that one modifies the wizard sprite and portrait files, but asking just to be sure

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I think this mod adds some portraits/sprites so for now, nope probably not. You'd have to ask that mods creator to make it compatible.

• Gorehowk

Gorehowk Intergalactic Tourist

Hmm, I think I'll get this mod anyway and check out what new portraits/ sprites would be needed to make the other mod work with it. I'm not great at sprite editing, but if not too many are needed I should be able to just make my own new sprites with the other ones as a base.

Edit: So I gave the wizard sprite and portrait sheets a look, and there only seem to be 9 extra sprites (with one of them repeated 21 times) and 10 extra portraits needed.

It shouldn't take more than a few days for me to re-purpose some existing witch sprites and some wedding sprites from other characters, though the portraits will much of that time. I'll play test the changes and if they work I'll probably post it on this forum.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
            • Notxtwhiledrive

Notxtwhiledrive Space Hobo

I didn't see this in the Known Errors section: The sprite of the grass in the inaccessible, fenced area across the path from Marnie's ranch is replaced with what seems to be car/motorcycle tires. Anyways love your work and wish you luck on whatever your doing.

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

Hello, all!

Somebody asked on my tumblr if I could make this mod open source, and I have happily done so. I hope somebody finds the source code useful, so perhaps the mod can be updated in the future! As of now, I myself have no plans to update this mod. I've included everything I can think of in the github repository, but if I've missed something, feel free to message me on tumblr or twitter (@sivolobwho) or email me torileblanc@live.com.

https://github.com/tlcasebeer/SivsMarriageMod

P.S. Please don't contact me with questions about C# or how I made this mod. I am not a programmer and I made this mod with a lot of Frankenstein-ing stuff together, some guessing, and a few tips from my fiance who IS a programmer. (The code is A MESS.) Point is, I can't help you with the programming aspect, although I can answer questions about the XNB modding.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @sivolobwho! I keep open-source mods updated for compatibility, so I'll take a look. If you have no objections, I can turn it into a pure SMAPI mod (so players don't need to manually replace files in Content).

I can't find the source code for the SMAPI part in the GitHub repository, though. There's a SivsMarriageMod/Class1.cs file, but it's blank. Do you still have the source code for that part?

ninjakaami likes this.
                  • Iragana

Iragana Space Spelunker

just so anyones interested in knowing, this mod still kind of works. you can still marry the villager and everything goes well enough, dialogue, gifts, schedules- all still work, the only bug is that their room is empty and theres a black empty wall. but even that is no problem, you can just fill it with furniture. [​IMG]

• Mana-chan

Mana-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes! The mod is still working! An empty room is perfectly fine, bc you can decorate it yourself that way. ^__^
                      The wall and floor styles of your spouse's room are up to your other files (and if you modded them or not). You can also recolour/retexture them by editing towninterior.xnb to match the rest of your house, but doing this will also affect some other places in the town, so please be careful!
                      When you're using high furniture, you won't see much of the room's wallpaper anyways.
                      [​IMG]

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

What SMAPI are you guys using? I'm using the latest one and it skips this mod so I can't play it.

• Mana-chan

Mana-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm still playing on SMAPI 2.2 since I haven't updated my mods for a while plus I don't use the SMAPI part of this mod here anymore.
                          As far as I know it only handles the custom spouse rooms for the additional villagers of this mod, so I removed it. My game is working fine, without any issues or SMAPI errors. The result of my action is an empty spouse room but I guess it's the same when SMAPI's skipping the mod. :3

• Kachii

Kachii Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to only download and use the Marnie sprites and Portraits?

• brokenunity

brokenunity Void-Bound Voyager

Have you had any luck updating this mod? I'm fine not having a spouse room or having an empty spouse room, I just want to marry the Wizard!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

brokenunity and JeStErHALLOW like this.
                              • Kijowolf

Kijowolf Orbital Explorer

Hello, i have a problem with this mod. I put it correctly and i get only Lewis in single. I try to see if it only because my another mod so i try in the vanilla version, but i have the same problem. If someone have the awnser for it. Please tell me. Thank ^^

• Artaen

Artaen Void-Bound Voyager

Hello !

I discover if you've an another mod who : add an language, add new dialogues, new character apparence (portrait and IG) etc... They break Siv's Marriage Mod : crash, impossible to take a choose while a discussion (like 8 hearts event with Clint).

I discover a disturbing problem : After my wedding with Clint, he completly stuck inside of my house, I don't know if it's caused by the wedding, but now i can't upgrade my tools or open my geodes ! I don't know if it's normal or not...

*Waiting for an uptdate*

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
                                  • brokenunity

brokenunity Void-Bound Voyager

It's not showing the new marriage candidates as single, is it still installed?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Ninestempest

Ninestempest Void-Bound Voyager

Well, while SMAPI does find this mod now, spouse rooms still are broken. Baby steps, I suppose.