RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. livleaf

livleaf Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, thank you for the response! I did this and am still getting the (single) tag for some reason. If I start a new game file, the (single) tag isn't there, not sure if that means anything.

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

It might be an issue with the game's cache, in which case I'm not sure how to fix it. Sorry!

• Lucidum

Lucidum Master Chief

Hey! Thank you for creating this mod.
        I installed it as stated in the instructions and everything is working fine so far. I only have one question, it may be a dumb one.
        I wanted to dance with the wizard at the flower festival, but he's (still) up on the hill and I don't have a clue how to get there without teleportation 'magic'.
        Did I do something wrong? Am I overseeing something obvious?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
        • megidont

megidont Void-Bound Voyager

Actually found another issue that might be with this mod.

I added mods since last time because I'm a sucker for them, so I'm running:
          • Seasonal Immersion
          • Get Dressed
          • NPC Map Locations
          • and a bunch of portrait mods
          as well as Siv's Marriage Mod, obviously. Steam version of Stardew Valley. When I got Clint's first heart event, it got as far as the dialogue choice (asking me why I was here) before it crashed and gave me this error on SMAPI. I'll try to recreate it later and see if this mod is definitely the issue. Thanks again for all your work~

• sivolobwho

I haven't gotten any errors on Clint's 8 heart event before. If it does have to do with my mod, it's possible that it is conflicting with one of the other mods you are using. Have you tried to recreate it?

• Norsewind

Norsewind Void-Bound Voyager

• sivolobwho

As much as I love the witch princess, it won't go "very nicely" with my mod, I'm sorry to say. My mod uses custom portrait expressions and sprite animations that aren't included in the witch princess mod. On top of that, that mod says it also comes with custom dialogue, in which case I can guarantee it won't work with my mod, as my mod replaces the default dialogue .xnb files. You'll have to pick one or the other. If you install the witch princess mod and try to install my mod on top of it, it will replace that mod entirely. If you install mine first and put the witch princess one on top of it, it will cause errors in my mod that may crash your game. Either way, it won't work the way you want it to. My mod isn't compatible with portrait/sprite mods that haven't been custom made to fit with it.

• Norsewind

Norsewind Void-Bound Voyager

Aww, that's a shame, maybe they could make a version that would work with it :3

• sevkibitzer

sevkibitzer Intergalactic Tourist

Hey! First of all, I just want to say how impressed I am with this mod. The dialogue is wonderful, and developed the characters that I already had feelings for in such human, believable ways. M. Rasmodius has stolen my heart. But I'm having this same issue, and it doesn't seem to have been addressed (if it has, I apologize!!) I have double and triple-checked my installation and still the Wizard's room remains empty, as well as his outdoor area. I have done everything the readme has instructed three times. Can you please help me out?

• JeshTheMemeaboo

JeshTheMemeaboo Void-Bound Voyager

Where and when to Sandy's 8-heart and 10-heart events happen, or do you have yet to add them?

• sevkibitzer

sevkibitzer Intergalactic Tourist

From the EVENTGUIDE.txt file included in the installation;
                      SANDY
                      8 SandyHouse, 3p-8p
                      10 SandyHouse, 8p-11:50p, letter

• Shereeen

Shereeen Orbital Explorer

Can someone please make a video tutorial for how to install this mod? Because I've been trying for hours and it still won't work

• brokenunity

brokenunity Void-Bound Voyager

I just reinstalled Stardew Valley from my steam. I then reloaded Siv's Marriage Mod 1.2.2. However, when I start the game and look under the menu, none of the marriageable candidates for the mod show "Single" under their name, and their hearts go to 10. Game loads fine and there are no indications at startup there is an issue. I have included the error log, the API Load, and a screen shot.

I unloaded all my mods and also did not change any portraits/sprites of characters, just the pig, cows, and farmer hairstyles. I even started a new game, still the same problem.

I appreciate any help I can get!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
                          • Emeraldsketch

Emeraldsketch Space Hobo

I love this mod thank you. Any plans on making the Dwarf or Krobus date-able?

• hollowlaughter

hollowlaughter Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I updated the Wizard art from DCBurger's Portraits to work with your mod (aka I edited and filled in the missing panels), since they're free to redistribute and modify. In case anyone wants it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sro68e4lceo9fba/Wizard.xnb

Nothing else is changed, just wanted that portrait along with this mod; though I wish I had had my roommate test before I completed the art. If anyone uses it, you'll end up seeing why sooner or later. It's mostly just funny by now.

Thanks for the mod!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
                              • hollowlaughter

hollowlaughter Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry if this is a report you've already received, but while SMAPI isn't printing out any errors for me to C/P, I noticed that the Adventurer's Guild and Spa are showing some textures included in your file in the game, and yours also overrides the new fan animations for the Carpenter's House. Pointed out the problem areas here, probably caused by the new update adding some things to these (+ making the file longer?):

[​IMG]

Edit: Also includes the two campfires on either side of Marnie's chimney.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
                                • whereislaurita

whereislaurita Void-Bound Voyager

ah i want to marry clint so bad but not sure when is heart events will happen also just want to download clints part is that possible download this but just clints ?? sorry im new at this

• Honeybee

Honeybee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod would be great if Clint kept his beard.

• Mana-chan

Mana-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As far as stated in the mod, the visual updates are only optional.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sivolobwho This mod isn't compatible with the latest versions of SMAPI. Players using it see this error:
                                        Code:
                                        Skipped Siv's Marriage Mod because its DLL contains multiple 'Mod' subclasses.

Unfortunately the mod doesn't seem to be open-source, so I can't submit a pull request. Can you update the mod?

wodmscjstk1004 likes this.