1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue since 1.03 through 1.04 menus are acting up Xbox controller issues

Discussion in 'Support' started by ekffie, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ekffie

ekffie Phantasmal Quasar

I am playing the steam version with xbox360 controller on win10-64

Since update 1.03 the menus are acting up.
    When you wake up, one of the items of the bar has it's tooltip open (sort overlay over the bar)
    Before I don't open and close the Inventory, I can't interact with nothing - ( Tried chests, the dog - just everything) walking around seems fine. I am not sure atm if I can toggle through the item of the bar.

This does happen on several occasions during the day - after placing something, eating. The need to open the menu has become one common action as workaround.

Secondly - maybe related maybe seperate.
    When first trying to place things ( furnaces, fences etc) I could not do it by controller - just did not know how - used the also attached mouse.
    I found out somewhere between saturday and monday that you can use the right stick to point to put an item down. This is often dificult but necessaey ( rebaiting the crab pots is really fidelly for instance)

And now the bug: AFTER I used the right stick - the characters orientation is not the direction the she looks anymore - like I use my watering facing right and she water 1 field upnorth and goes right from there. ( have you forgot to reset the float ;-) ?)

Btw: playing with controller is ok now for me, but I had a hard time finding: Key for opening questlog, toggling the items in the bar, taking just ONE item out of a stash, scrolling in menus (and why is this different in shop and in the questlog - I overlooked the second page in the questlog fully), placing anything where I wanted to, no clue how to control the slingshot by controller - I now how it is done by mouse ..

Further than my problems with fishing the game has only one flaw: I start to miss real life : THANK YOU so much for making it :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    • Kitanode

Kitanode Void-Bound Voyager

Im also using the xpad360 (except for watering/Planting) and i noticed a problem when i wanted to build a well.
      I couldn't go in a southerly direction with the joypad and had to use the wasd keys to move the proposed well i was placing.