RELEASED Simple Mouse Cursor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alex_01, Apr 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alex_01

Alex_01 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Screens2.png
    (Original)

Screens.png
    (New)

One thing which never sat right with me was the in-game mouse cursor. It looked 'poppy' or '3D', but with the limited pixels, it just doesn't look right. So I edited them to look more clean and basic, a Windows-esque look. While they may not be within the game's artstyle, I still think they work well.

Installation:

Navigate to your Stardew Valley Installation folder and copy file to:

Content/LooseSprites

Don't forget to make a backup of the original .xnb file before overwriting

This edits cursors.xnb, so if you use any other mods that use the same file it will not be compatible, unless they are merged. I will be happy to merge this mod with any other if requested as long as I have permission with the original author.

Screens3.png

Full-Screen Screenshots:

1.png

6.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

7.png

Community Thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/simple-mouse-cursor.112478/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Other Mods:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    • Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

pretty nice thanks !

Alex_01 likes this.
      • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

These are great! Glad you chose to include the in-game screenshots because without them I was a bit iffy on them, but they look great in game.

Alex_01 likes this.
        • Alex_01

Thank you, I'm glad you like them. :nuruwink:

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Cool, but I think for like ease on the eyes, maybe a suggestion would be to try and splice all the screenshots into one .jpeg/png of what the changes you've done.

Don't get me wrong, the screenshots are appreciative, but since everything is negative space besides what you're showing, I think it could be edited out c:

• Alex_01

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll get right on that.

• guondury

guondury Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, how i use the second cursor ("in-game menu") ? I don't know how =[

• Alex_01

The different cursor (in the second screenshot) is not a second cursor that can be selected. It is what the default cursor changes to when moving it around in the "in-game menu".

I hope that helps clears up any confusion you may have about this mod. :nuruhappy: