1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier! 1.3.3

Just a clean looking modification to the character creation screen, for custom races.

1. Karull

Karull Big Damn Hero

It was fine for me, but when I tried to just double click and open the zip it gave me an error, which is why I thought something was wrong. I was able to extract the files with 7zip fine though.

2. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I must be doing something wrong when trying to use this mod but, every time I try to go to "character creation" my game crashes. I did add a few race mods in and went into the "species" files and added the line ""playerSpecies" : true,", since that was what I was told to do for this new update to make it work.

I know I definitely must have done something wrong and could use a bit of guidance on my mistake if possible.

Thanks in advance.

3. Calix

Calix Void-Bound Voyager

I'm also getting a error trying to open / extract saying its empty.
    (With 7-zip)

4. Xander Kau

Xander Kau Phantasmal Quasar

Kuro, this will happen if the other races have not updated to the newest patch. going one race at a time, where does it break for you?

5. Xander Kau

I am unsure of why this is happening, because for me it is working perfectly.

6. ImpKing_Under

ImpKing_Under Intergalactic Tourist

I got that same error, I had to go into the downloads folder and right click on the file, then go to "open with..." and open it that way with the 7-zip file manager

7. Xander Kau

Oh that isn't much of an error then. Yes to extract a zip folder if you have 7-zip (or winrar which I prefer) you need to right click and hit extract here, and move the files into the mod folder.

8. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Well when the other races didn't work the game its self would not start up. So all of the out of date races I deleted until the authors updated them. This error I got however happened before when I tried to use your mod with a few other races I downloaded. The errors I end up receiving say something about Starbound on the "C:" Drive when I have it on my "D:" drive.

Let me check and see if a character save file might cause the problem.

EDIT: Ok nevermind it was a conflicting save file. Well I am just the brightest crayon in the coloring box. Sorry for the useless post.

I do support you working on this mod and hope that you can incorporate other's race mods within it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  9. Xander Kau

With this new patch, the way mods are handled is much much different, so if even one mod is behind it could break the lot.

10. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I do have a question about your mod though. If you have it installed and host the server will it still cause people to crash that down have other races installed?

11. Xander Kau

I think it will.

12. Xander Kau

Everyone let me know if you are getting "Client server connection no longer valid" when trying to play a custom race. I am having that problem and will find a fix as soon as possible.

13. ImpKing_Under

I added another race mod and now the elf is gone from the character creation screen...Any idea how to fix this? I can keep trying stuff if not.

14. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I just got that error.

15. ImpKing_Under

I got it too, I was trying to use a character with the Kokido race mod, tried again with a Floran and it worked fine though.

16. Xander Kau

What about elf?

17. Xander Kau

I do not have time right now to fix, will finish later on. Sorry for the breakage.

18. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Take your time.

19. ImpKing_Under

Elf worked for me, aside from the disappearing thing when I try to install the Kokido mod. Oh yeah, and no hurry at all

20. Xander Kau