1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier! 1.3.3

Just a clean looking modification to the character creation screen, for custom races.

1. Cabbage_

Cabbage_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is. Awesome mod! :DD

2. Vangelstar

Vangelstar Orbital Explorer

I understand that this question has been asked a hundred times on this place, and if you don't want to answer it, then don't. I have just managed to get the new slots that come with the mod to work. These slots show up on the right side as they're supposed to, but they're all empty. I'm trying to install the Argonian Species mod. I have put the Sabboth_Argonian_Race_v0-4d.rar file into the mods folder, now I don't know if that's what I'm supposed to do. I have seen videos on YouTube of people getting a .zip file from the download given on http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/argonian-race.299/, but I only get a .rar file which I obviously (?) can't unzip like they do in their videos.

TL;DR: I get the additional slots to show up on the right like they're supposed to do, but I can't manage to get any custom races to fill these. I've put the .rar file I get from the download button from the race's page in the mod folder, but the race itself doesn't show up in the custom slots. What would you have me do to get it working?

Any help is appreciated, especially from someone who's had the same problem! Thanks in advance.

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

.rar is just another kind of archive. WinRAR and 7zip can unpack it.

4. Vangelstar

Vangelstar Orbital Explorer

Thank you! Appearently I had not yet installed one of these programs on my computer, and that was the problem. Thank you for responding!

5. Agent Banana

Agent Banana Space Hobo

This mod is super awesome. Good work.

6. Anhrak

Anhrak Big Damn Hero

Hey I got a small problem...

I installed this mod together with the Reptan species mod... but for some reason the button for Reptans is not appearing on the GUI. Button one, though, is overlapping a tiny bit of a sprite, but when I click on it, nothing happens still.

I need some help please :c

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Hmmmyes, there does seem to be a remnant in the Reptan mod that used to add a button. But that's been disabled...

8. Anhrak

Anhrak Big Damn Hero

I actually managed to create one now, for some reason it auto-selected it... but this is what I see:

[​IMG]

When I click on that first button, nothing happens.

9. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

I was wondering since most of the issues with this mod seem to revolve around lack of slots or failure for a race mod to show up in the appropriate slot, would it be at all possible for the mod to have a boot strapping subroutine that polls to see how many race mods are installed and automatically generates the code to render the proper number of slots using a scrolling menu it would be a somewhat complex addition to the mod however it would make it Infinitely and Automatically scalable ??. well OK not infinite depending on how the code is implemented if you use a int(32) for slot-id you might end up theoretically limited to 2,147,483,647 races .... but still more than enough :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  10. azuresky105

azuresky105 Orbital Explorer

Ah, nevermind, I figured out the issue. I was using The Pony Modpack because I wanted to try a pony character. The problem is, it also modified the interface. I didn't even notice until I saw a title ontop of where the extra characters were put, stating PONIES. I uninstalled the mod, and lo and behold the extra non pony races are now in their proper places. However some of the interface changes remained, like the ponies title menu, ...altered female/male icons, and extra unwanted character slots that go beyond what this mod defines.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  11. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

its not working for me :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

12. thunderskull833

i know i its painful i cant download my novakid+ mod either:(

13. thunderskull833

is there an easy way of downloading mods its SOOOOO hard:fireball:

14. thunderskull833

i think this mod is for mac i am following the instructions but it doesnt work :rainbowbarf::V

15. collystiger

collystiger Void-Bound Voyager

What do you mean by extract. I put the mod in my mod folder by moving it myself, and that isn't working. So what is extracting?

16. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

That's a bit off, it should work fine. Extracting is doing just that, moving the folder from inside it to your mods. Check if their are any other folders within that one, which could be the real mod folder

17. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Awesome mod, great job!

18. Mastergunner409

Mastergunner409 Yeah, You!

Does this mod work with Avali mod

19. BitT00N

BitT00N Intergalactic Tourist

how come when i put this is a Mod file and load my game the extra slot bar is not fully loaded like u can see the left side of it but not the whole thing or select a race

20. Killerguy334

Killerguy334 Void-Bound Voyager

I have a glitch or a bug :( i use Enraged koala.
    I can only a glimpse of the side of the Gui
    Glitch.png Glitch.png