Building/Ship Simple Elevator

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Grave Knight, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Grave Knight

Grave Knight Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't think I'm going to try and make an elevator more than 5 floors ever. For as simple as this thing is it was way to much work.

EDIT: This method is a hot mess. I'm going to clean it up. Don't attempt to try and build what I built. If you look at the youtube video I linked below his is more organized.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. robotreborn

robotreborn Master Chief

That wire system looks like an IT nightmare. I like it, post tutorial when it's done.

3. Grave Knight

Grave Knight Subatomic Cosmonaut

Tutorial? Dude, I probably couldn't explain how to make light switches using XOR Gates let alone this mess. Best I can do is link the thing I watched that got me started. Though watching it now, his is so much more organized.

4. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

I know what you mean. I had my share of nightmares before launch, when I tried making a clock.
    [​IMG]
    I am pretty sure there are lots of redundant nodes, but I was so happy it was functioning right for my world with 6 hours of 24 minutes of 13 real seconds (if memory serves me right)... That is, until I realized the only part that was working as intended were the seconds' counter.

5. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

I used that same video and got me a six floor one (and a few others, but the six floor one is the most involved.) I could feasibly run it to at least ten floors without requiring relays, provided I put the nerve center somewhere in the middle:

[​IMG]

Plus wiring:

[​IMG]