RELEASED SilVerPLuM [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Modding Tools' started by mrboese, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrboese

mrboese Phantasmal Quasar

2. WintericeUK

WintericeUK Void-Bound Voyager

Working borders on Windows - Definitely makes it easier to read the mod list!

Drag and drop mod sorting (On Windows, as that's the only platform I currently have...)
    • It seems to be swapping the positions of the currently held mod with the mod you dropped it on (i.e. swapping mods 3 and 19), as opposed to placing the held mod at / adjacent to the point where you drop it (i.e. shuffling the mods up / down one position). Working as intended? (I know that isn't particularly clear, I'm struggling to think of a way to explain it better)
    • Unable to scroll up or down the mod list while holding a mod, limiting where you can drop the mod.
    QoL Suggestion - The game greys out the other tabs while SDV is running to stop setting changes, adding a message in the centre of the window would make the interface lock a lot more obvious. f.e. using the same bordered box style that mods and saves use, place one in the centre of the window with a message worded along the lines of "Settings are locked while Stardew Valley is running."

Edit: tried to do a sanity pass on my wording...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    • mrboese

The problem with dropping on a mod is: Where should it be placed? On top of it or on bottom of it? So I decided: Swap if you drop it on the mod. If you drop it in the space in between two mods, it knows where it should be put.

Unfortunately I cannot do much about this. Try it out in your browser. Doesn't work either. Seems that no toolkit actually supports this. But I can look into some solutions that will work around this.

Will look into it.

• mrboese

mrboese updated SilVerPLuM with a new update entry:

Usability fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

WintericeUK likes this.
        • mrboese

WintericeUK likes this.
        • WintericeUK

WintericeUK Void-Bound Voyager

So far really liking the new version. Feels very easy now to re-order mods, I was able to re-order a mod-list in under 15 seconds where it took me over a minute (and some eye rolling) previously. The message box notifying the user of controls being locked is especially eye-catching as its one of the few bits of colour in the otherwise fairly mono-chromatic interface theme.

Looking forward to where the tool goes from here :)

• mrboese

This mod has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.