RELEASED SilVerPLuM [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Modding Tools' started by mrboese, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megumin

Megumin Guest

what's next? mod browser like in terraria's tmodloader?

• mrboese

mrboese Phantasmal Quasar

What does the mod browser do? (Quick googling only revealed that it exists, but not what it does)

• Megumin

Megumin Guest

it has mod list with uploadable mods
        http://i.imgur.com/1XnSyla.png here's screenshot from google for example
        when mods downloaded and installed you can now refresh them in another mods menu

• mrboese

I think uploading within the manager won't happen (at least I won't make it). There's no central service providing everything as with mod browser (as it seems). I already made a mod manager long time ago and included such features. When my website got shut down, it was pretty much useless. For this program, everybody can just decide to make a mod repository, look up in the Wiki how it works and that's it.
          If somebody wants to make a source where everybody can upload - it should work. "Just" make some interface to upload mods to a website. The website creates all necessary files and updates the repository file that Silverplum downloads. Users can connect to the repository -> Win :)

• Megumin

Megumin Guest

how about github?

• mrboese

All existing repositories are hosted in Github :)
              Works.

Here for example is the mod that comes per default: https://github.com/rumangerst/SilVerPLuM/tree/master/repository
              repositorylist.zip contains the mod as zip. It connects Silverplum to the repository.
              the directory repositorylist just contains the mod extracted (The mod.json is needed)
              repository.json is the actual repository

• mrboese

mrboese updated SilVerPLuM with a new update entry:

Repository fixes and more

Read the rest of this update entry...

• mrboese

Image merging

• mrboese

Performance upgrade

• mrboese

• mrboese

• WintericeUK

WintericeUK Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting a crash when launching SMAPI through Silverplum. Could someone throw some light on this for me please? Is this a PEBCAK issue or is there an issue with the SMAPI repository?

Log files are attached...

Attached Files:

• mrboese

Hmm. I think I experienced that, too with one of the betas by Pathoschild. Can you try "SMAPI (Windows)" in the repository (Should contain the newest CLxS release if I didn't made a mistake)? Otherwise can you make an issue in the SMAPI Github as then their console interferes with Silverplum's running mechanism. (I'm not here for the whole day and don't have a functioning Windows to test)

• WintericeUK

okay, I took the contents of smapi-win and dropped it into the Stardew Valley folder and ran it, the terminal window showed the exact same error.

I took the contents of the SMAPI 0.40.1.1. archive from github (Link) and dropped it into the smapi-win folder and ran it through Silverplum and it worked first time.

So the issue seems to be with the version of smapi that is in the repository.

Edit: Added link to SMAPI version on GitHub that I used and fixed touch-pad induced typos.

• WintericeUK

Ran into another issue, this one is odd as I don't know if it is an issue with the client or with the Steam edition of Stardew Valley (and yes, I fully validated the Stardew Valley install, I deleted and re-downloaded the entire contents of the Content directory to be safe).

There are two copies of the following files in the SDV directory, one set is in the root folder and the other is in Maps. When importing a mod, Silverplum is defaulting to the copies in the root directory, yet it seems that it is the copies in Maps that actually are read by the game...

"fall_town.xnb"
                            "spring_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb"
                            "spring_town.xnb"
                            "winter_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb"

There may be other files which have this issue, but I don't know how Silverplum determines which file in this situation which is to be over-written and I don't know if this is an issue local to Steam copies of the game.

• mrboese

And that's why Silverplum uses a format that actually 100% determines where things should be put. Otherwise it must be guessed where files should be put. Silverplum's importer goes through all files and tires to match the file names and uses the first one it finds. The current behavior could be changed, but IMO no solution is the "best" one here. For example if the one in "Maps" will be preferred, what should be done if some mod wants to overwrite the file in the content root?
                              With the current situation only manually changing settings in the content entries of the importer is the "solution". And TBH as no modder will adapt Silverplums format, it will remain the "solution".

Regarding SMAPI-win; what did you do? You downloaded the archive from here and manually installed it? I tried it out and it worked on my W10 VM.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
                              • WintericeUK

Regarding SMAPI, I downloaded SMAPI from the github repo that I linked to in my previous post and over-wrote the one that Silverplum's repositories downloaded.

Regarding File path determination, it's a little vexing for me as I took the time to ensure the directory structure of the mods were correct before I imported them as I didn't realise SP was attempting to determine correct paths for itself.

On a side-note, are those duplicate files actually called by the game or is it lingering developmental shrapnel that needs to be cleaned up still?

• mrboese

Sorry to hear that you made yourself additional work. But the automatic mod importer unfortunately is the one component that adapts to how all mods are distributed. As it's never certain where files are put, it does such things.
                                  Knowing which files are actually used could be easy to hard depending how SDV is programmed. I don't know it either and had to do trial & error for some example mods.

• WintericeUK

Okay, having re-imported and explicitly re-defined the mod filepaths they seem to be working now. A small piece of feedback as a result of the experience though, the application REALLY needs the ability to re-edit a mod's filepath and info without having to do a manual import again (and if there is a way to do it then its not particularly obvious to a new user) at some point in the future, if only as a QoL and sanity saver feature.

Oh and some feature suggestions for the future, the ability to drag mods up and down the list without having to chase it while clicking the arrow buttons and additionally a separator between each mod to more easily delineate which enable / disable and "show more" buttons correspond to which mod would be a huge help with anyone that has disabilities such as dyslexia and dyspraxia.

• mrboese

Hmm. Maybe even a whole tool to edit, import and create new mods would cover this and all other cases. Like the mod importer, but on steroids. Currently only editing the mod.json files in the profile directory is the option without re-importing.

Drag & drop is a good idea. The missing border seems to be a Windows problem. I'll look into it.

WintericeUK likes this.
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.