Building/Ship Silver Castle Zone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Aroxys, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doesn't look much like a castle, in fact for the most part it's an underwater base! Always wanted to try my hand at making one, but for the life of me it hasn't been particularly easy. You need a lot of blocks to get what I want to do done, and Silver is... not the spendiest metal ever, but it's not cheap on the budget when you need to buy it in bulk.

Here we go.

[​IMG]

Starting off here is the original small house thing I made since I wasn't sure where I was going with this originally. I basically used whatever I had on hand, and eventually decided to have some tenants move in. The upper room belongs to a posh Glitch king... the lower level? The one with all the science-y and Apex-y furniture? An Avian merchant moved in. One who praises Kulex and everything.

[​IMG]

Next on the list is the entryway. It's just to the left of the house and its entrance is marked only by a Lunar Hatch, but it's got its own planetary targeting point, a handy map, and a couple of small, rudimentary gardens to help fund the construction of this place. Might shift the hatch down one to put platforms over it. You can't see it from here, but I made a small solid sand roof over the top of it that makes it a little hard to just jump past the entryway if you go under it.

[​IMG]

Just a couple more rooms here, mostly the tenants. Off to the right is the expanded Coralcreep farm, and the majority of where I get my pixels from. The fact that I have a chef who's always willing to buy them the next room over doesn't hurt any either.

[​IMG]

More empty rooms. The left, large one was supposed to be a tree farm, but I completely messed up the height requirements for trees and lost the saplings. As one can tell, this entire thing is nowhere near done. Also, I goofed up and forgot to take a screencap of the right side of the base that has my other Apex merchant in it. Though for some reason the Arcade Machine I stuck in there has the bizarre tendency to... damage whoever's playing it randomly. The Avian merchant was paying the Apex merchant a visit. He kind of exploded all over the walls when the Arcade Machine saw fit to attack.

[​IMG]

If you were wondering what the tower off to the left was for, this is it. I didn't feel like screencapping the entire silver access tower since it's literally just more of the same, but it goes from here clear up to the surface entrance. Also gives me easy access to the titanium and silver loaded interior of the planet. Of course, Risky planets have greater hauls of both, so I only go down there when I'm bored.

2. Aroxys

Been a little while, but I've been working on my base! Took... a few tens of thousands of blocks. So welcome to a picture tour of what I've added since the last time!

First off, how I've been funding this little venture.

[​IMG]

Also a little airlock setup, and this part should look mostly familiar.

[​IMG]

And what started out as a perfectly preserved underwater ruin... that I made into a house. They're Floran-friendly, apparently.

[​IMG]

Honestly, this is mostly just going to be boring structure demonstration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, finally got a tree room set up properly. It's not much room, but it doesn't need much room.

[​IMG]

Combination cafe/kitchen run but what I can only assume to be an Avian hippie. Dunno what gender it is but it wears muchrooms.

[​IMG]

And both the infirmary and the data center. The former is run by an Apex security guard of all things, when I was aiming for something human. Now I get why that happened though. It wasn't the doors that caused it, it was the fact that I was using Apex-tagged fluorescent lights. At least she's good at her job? Also got another Neo Suit guy running the data center. I was hoping for a bunker person.

[​IMG]

An underwater park, in my base? Gotta have someplace to relax.

[​IMG]

Last but not least, something I had meant to screencap before but didn't actually do. This is where one of the Apex merchants lives. I was gunning for a scientist. Oh well.
    Interestingly enough though, it's not the arcade machine that attacks him, but rather he just takes damage for no reason that I can discern. I can randomly find pixels and monster drops littered around this point, which makes no sense since nothing should be able to even spawn inside player-set walls.

[​IMG]
    That's all for now though!

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Nice compley,

but you know proper nourishment comes form awide variety of food.

currently I miss a player craftable seamingless metal in visuals, like preassureised steel. The tile repetitiveness really gets annoying if you build larger structures. But It's a pain to get that steel by just mining it from dungens.

4. Aroxys

Yeah, having metal tiles blend together is one thing I definitely miss from Terraria. If you're lining the inside of a structure with it it makes enough sense since you're throwing down tiles in a sense. Also, pressurized steel is a complete pain in the rear to even get a hold of. It's gotta be one of the toughest materials in the game to actually grab since you can't craft it and it only shows up in limited amounts in underground structures. You can't even craft it, and it takes a while to pull it out even with the fully upgraded MM.

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

well they could make craftable versions of brushed gold, brushed silver and so on being the same texture as the preassurised steel just recolorations. That would help a lot with crafting for modern not tile like looking buildings.