1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Silver Armor Not unlocking

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by langynom, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

I have crafted copper armor and have all the required materials to create it but the recipe isn't showing up (with materials required ticked and unticked) If it makes any difference I used the same character name as i did before the patch that wiped out characters.

2. Knavt

Knavt Void-Bound Voyager

Silver armor appears after killing a UFO. And just after the creation of the workbench from molten core is not it?

3. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

I thought this might be the case so I defeated the UFO and crafted the metalworking station but still no silver armor

4. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

before you got it as you got the copper armor in your inventory. try crafting it again and putting it into your inventory and not your equip slots first maybe?

you get gold armor after the UFO

if not that, maybe it unlocks after you make your first tier of racial armor now?

5. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

I have tried crafting more copper armor multiple times now and I can confirm that moving it to any of the inventory, hot-bar or equip slots has no effects. Furthermore a save/quit and even a restart has not fixed this issue, I never received the "new recipe learned" notification when crafting copper armor and I have tried creating iron armor in-case the requirements have changed since the update however there is still no option to craft silver amror

I thought this was the case, but gave it a try anyway

6. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

I can confirm now, I just tried it, and I never got the recipes either.

7. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

Is anybody else having this issue/found a workaround?

Did you re-use the same character name on the affected character? I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that the old player data is still there and is conflicting with the new data of the same name

8. Blue Sam

Blue Sam Space Hobo

I'm getting the same issue, with an entirely new character name, even a new race. Hylotl, if it matters.

9. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

It's not race related then as I am playing glitch

10. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

Perhaps something isn't triggered properly if you make the armor in the "wrong order" which piece did you make first?

11. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

I'm glitch as well
    I made it pants->helmet->chest i think

yeah, definitely pants->helmet->chest, that's the order it is in my crafting menu. and i went down the line.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

No I did that different;y, I did helmet legs chest, I'm failing to see the common issue so far...

13. Blue Sam

Blue Sam Space Hobo

I also did helmet/legs/chest, at least on the second time, not sure on the first one.

14. klulukasz

klulukasz Poptop Tamer

got the same problem, even crafted full scavengers armor just to check if maybe I need it first, but still silver wasnt unlocked

15. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

I still haven't found a fix for this, it's kind of a big issue too as gold is unobtainable until you have crafted silver armor, I have 70 gold bars waiting to be turned into armor but the only armor recipes I have are copper and Knaves (iron)

16. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

--------------------<[FIX FOUND]>-----------------------
    For anyone else having this issue, I crafted the ship upgrade after destroying the UFO and then flew to a planet (if it matters I accidentaly hit go whilst my starting planet was selected so 'flew' to the same planet. when I returned stell and silver options were all available

klulukasz likes this.
  17. Blue Sam

Blue Sam Space Hobo

Oh dear, that means I need to be competent enough to kill the UFO without silver armour.

18. langynom

langynom Space Hobo

This isn't as difficult as you would think, it has been nerfed beyond belief, you probably don't need any armor, 4/5 shots from an iron hunting bow and it's down.

19. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

yeah, the new balance is pretty broken right now, since they are moving over to a new format.

20. klulukasz

klulukasz Poptop Tamer

O followed Langynom's instructions:
    -killed UFO
    -crafted metalwork station
    -equipped my copper armor
    -traveled to another planet(in the alpha sector in the same solar system)
    -beamed down to planet and then back up to the ship
    -opened the metalwork station
    -I was able to craft silver armor in it
    maybe some of those steps aren't needed but thats what worked for me. Thanks:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.