Side Quests/activities for "Evil" Characters?

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by rylasasin, Jun 17, 2016.

1. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

To quote a certain song...

I wanna be evil,
    I wanna be mad!
    But more than that,
    I wanna be... bad!

I do hope there will be some opportunities to be a real evil guy instead of being forced to "play the good guy" like too many "open world" games with main quests these days tend to do.
    I know you can theoretically just go around shooting random villagers up and stuff and now you can rob them. But the problem is, nothing really comes of it (you can theoretically kill every settlement you come across and people at the outpost or on other worlds never seem to acknowledge it.) It's... how do I put this? Rather artificial.

What I'm hoping for is some side quests and/or game mechanics that will really let you unleash the space raider/mad scientist/Evil mastermind/Dungeon Keeper in you. Good old fashioned auctions, experiments, trafficking, building lairs, and other bad deeds.

... and hopefully something that comes of it. Not just "oh I just slaughtered everyone in this Floran villiage as soon as I get off world everyone will forget about it." I mean bounty hunters/do gooders/rival ner-do-wells coming after you, people in the Outpost shunning you (unless you take it over with your robot/mutant/zombie/raider/penguin/whatever army), etc.

2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

It could use quite a few examples, such as a quest that involves kidnapping an Apex rebel for the Miniknog, or helping a Penguin gang sell some suspicious substances, helping a Floran hunting group get a prey, having the PC enlist a chemistry student to make the aforementioned suspicious substances in a van in the middle of a desert, find an Avian Grounded village for the Stargazers, etc..., or even adding bigger quests in which the options aren't so clear, such as helping one of two rival factions.

rylasasin and 45sundays like this.