Community Show off your farm!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd love to see a picture of your whole farm. Would you upload your save (it's in the appdata folder) onto upload.farm and post the giant "screenshot" here? Pretty please ;)
    Only downside would be that your modded textures wouldn't show, but I don't want to request a screenshot puzzle.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sure, here you go.
      year 7 spring 26.png

So yeah, the bottom left is what I'm working on next and may still be shuffled around. I'd been growing grass starter and trees there, but I moved my lumber yard to the railroad (where it's extremely difficult to plant with about a hundred slimes blobbing around, lol). Most of the trees in that area will be cut down, but I am playing with growing regular trees in the hardwood areas.

I've got:
      -A criminally OP modded greenhouse (2cute)
      -Mill and processing shed (all the essentials--mayo/cheese/oil/wool, furnaces, kilns, coffee kegs, a couple of preserves jars, and the portion of my crystalariums that aren't in the mine)
      -Shane's shed from the pictures
      -At least one of every type of animal
      -Brew shed from the pictures
      -Fully loaded keg barn
      -Slime hutch for slimes to be themselves
      -Future trophy room shed (maybe I'll move my vaporwave decor there so my house can look 12% less like the 80s ruptured inside of it)
      -Fully loaded canning shed
      -Tappers just, like, wherever

This was my first farm, so I made some land usage mistakes early on (putting the pasture where grass can't grow), but it's not a big deal this late in the game. My only goals left are to finish some aesthetic stuff on the farm and around town, luck out on those giant crops, and get the gold clock. I would love for the mushroom trees to wrap around that pond eventually as well.

I really wanted to keep a good amount of wilderness and disorder befitting a forest farm and my personal beliefs about not excessively encroaching on nature. It feels very scruffy compared to all the intricate farms posted here, but I'm scruffy, so. :3

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
      • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry for posting again, just wanted to show my progress on my farm since there's been a lot. (Fall y 1 still, I corrupted my file and only recently fixed it)

[​IMG]

credit to @eemie for the flowers and the retextures :) I really love her seasonal buildings.

• StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

So update of my latest projects I'm doing for videos.
          This one seems to be common, but 2 in game years and this is the result. Mega crop farm...
          megacrop.png

Project 2.
          Apple farm. I would be done with this one... but the ridiculous RNG is upsetting me quite a bit. How is it I can have a save to year 9 and I haven't seen a single meteor, but on this save I've gotten it 5 times already? I'm trying to get all of these apples to iridium quality before recording a video of it but it sucks when I lose a tree once a year in game because of a meteor.
          Tree.png

• Ipielle

Ipielle Title Not Found

The Mega Crop farm is awesome! Nice job! ^^

MrToni300 and StardewMe like this.
            • Seismothesaurus

Aright, I've finally laid the groundwork for everything except the golden clock. It's not much changed from the upload.farm version I posted earlier, but I wanted to do one with mods visible.

year 7 summer small version.png

Retex mods:
              My Tudor-Style Farmhouses (also changes the greenhouse)
              @eemie 's Medieval Modern Buildings (bluegreen version minus slime hutch), Recoloured Map (normal pine trees), and Wildflowers
              @Zhuria 's Dapple Gray Horse, Black and White Dog, and Better Pigs and Recolours
              (And the cotton crop is from Longevity-MCM.)

The meditation labyrinth is also done, but grass is still growing in around it. Without grass:
              meditation labyrinth.jpg

I'm still messing with paths and flooring. I wish that there were more options for paths with rounded corners and thinner edges without having to mod them in (I say as I have 700 mods anyway).

I have no idea if I'm ever going to be able to get those three giant crops in the orchard area, but it's worth a shot.

• Redzeth

Redzeth Master Chief

They meditation labyrinth makes me remember the time I was a kid and was super into pokemon, I kept making random drawings in the dirt to make it "look like" the cutscene you got when you fight a legendary pokemon (mostly rayquaza,kyogre and groundon) love your farm nice work :D

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                • Seismothesaurus

I am probably the only person 'round these parts who hasn't ever played Harvest Moon or Pokemon, but thank you! :3

• KnockKnock

KnockKnock Orbital Explorer

Update big mushroom !!! I really want to play forest farm but I have no time :cry:
                    Springy6.png

• Baruch_S

Baruch_S Big Damn Hero

Finally got my second farm looking pretty good. The forest layout is an interesting challenge. It's all vanilla; you can see the whole thing here.
                      1DxM5n-m.png

• sunlite

Oh my, I'm definitely jealous!! Your farm is soo nice :)

• Seismothesaurus

This is the happiest day of my life...

20170719034832_1.jpg
                          y7summer20 greatest day.PNG

414 hours. 7 years and 47 days. I finally found that last horrible artifact. And she wept because there were no more worlds to conquer.

That's a lie, I still have both Prairie King achievements to do. But lol about that.

Anyway, if anybody wants to know where it's possible to find the yellow Strange Doll...
                          I got it from digging up level 53 of the mines on a very lucky day with lucky food on top. Additional PSA, I've found multiple green Strange Dolls doing the same thing on level 93.

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

I've started another save. lmao. This time my farmers name is Lillian and this is what I have so far for the layout, not sure exactly what I want to do with it, but I'm getting there. Slowly but surely.
                            [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
                              mari3000, KnockKnock, Tamorr and 2 others like this.
                            • sunlite

Ive seen that map a few times, do you know the mod?

• staarfruit

Yupp, it's this one right here. :)

KnockKnock and sunlite like this.
                                • Jerev

So I wanted to write a guide for the first spring. Right now I am done playing the season and making notes. But I just wanted to give you a peak how the farm looks. The first picture is the farm on the 28th of Spring, the second is the farm on the 3rd of Summer and the last picture is a real screenshot where my visual mods can be seen. I don't know when I will sit down and write the guide, but it will/should/hope to be soon ;)
                                  Modding sure did put the fun back in the game for me. Because of Eemie's bee mod I want to make a bee centered farm.

Here are the upload.farm links, if someone wants to see the numbers:
                                  http://upload.farm/1DzD2K 28th Spring
                                  http://upload.farm/1DzD3A 3rd Summer

[​IMG]
                                  28th Spring

[​IMG]
                                  3rd Summer

[​IMG]
                                  My house, scarecrow and cat with visual mods. You can see one of the bees near the cat too.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
                                  • Jerev

For the folowing picture I stitched a lot of screenshots together. Does anyone know a better way to make a giant picture of your farm with all skins / mods visible?

[​IMG]

• staarfruit

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

The first time I picked the riverlands farm, I wandered around trying to get a sense of what the heck I'd gotten myself into. And lo! a vision came to me. A vision of me fishing while hanging out with my beloved chickens.

That farm is essentially a fish camp. Not much to it, in terms of buildings and property improvements. It has a lot of heart, though. party on the dock.jpg

Here I've got the coop on a small island to encourage the animals to path over the bridges, because cute. My two favorite fishing spots were positioned so they often came right up to me and then just stood there, sorta cuddling. (The original name Chicken Island quickly changed to Snuggle Island.)

Efficiency experts, here's your content warning. There's about to be really silly layout in the service of cuteness. Feel free to look away.

Eventually I had a second vision: fishing with my coop buddies while watching the magic bouncing buddies. Really, the secret to fishing is having adorable sprites with fun idle animations to amuse you while waiting for the next fish to bite.

The junimo hut's initial location was awkward because Science. If I planted a row of crops within their harvesting range but across the water, what would they do?
                                      buddy on the bridge.jpg
                                      They darn well bounce over the bridge and empty that row of crops, is what. (The awkwardly placed bee house you see here is part of a separate experiment. Turns out yes, flowers can pollinate bee houses across the water ... but only until you unleash a bunch of junimo on a mission. The awkwardly placed flower at the end of the dock is proving that bee houses on the dock will make flavored honey.)

Unpictured: a series of increasingly ugly experiments in getting the junimos and the coop animals to path in the same area. Eventually I relocated the hut to the mainland for moments like this:

we out here.jpg
                                      The downside being that while all the buddies were hanging out on a regular basis, I didn't have a good fishing spot. In order to gaze fondly upon all the cuteness I had wrought, I had to just stand there doing nothing. Meh.

So if you've ever wondered what would it be like to set up a farm based on manipulating the sprite pathing, now you know! It ain't pretty to look at, but it's super cute to play. I'm now on my second river farm, and I have a new vision of fishing while all the buddies hang out ... with slime friends.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
                                      • dreas94

dreas94 Void-Bound Voyager

I am really interested in creating a farm just like this could you do a farm upload on it so one could see where everything is put?