1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we Worry?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dynafols, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chith

Chith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think we have nothing to worry about here. Whether or not Edge of Space is a good game or not doesn't mean this one won't be. I personally know at least ten people that will buy Starbound for sure. Everyone here can help just by spreading it by word of mouth as I have been doing.

8Elliott and Giant Squid like this.
  2. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

The only thing we need to worry about is telling people about Starbound so they know about it (indie games don't have much of an advertisment budget).
    The games we might need to worry about are games by large game companies that spend thousands of dollars on advertisments. Indie games are normaly made by very few peope and usually have no budget for ads.
    Why are so many of us attacking EoS when it, and all the other indie games, are helping gamers discover the wonders of Indie games and to make them realise that there are more great games out there than those that are advertised.

3. TheLickers39

TheLickers39 Star Wrangler

I'm not too sure about this but I think Starbound was in development first. And people being dumb will say OMG THIS IS JUST A RIP OFF OF THIS GAME!!! But if people actually get smart (which will never happen in a million years) we might have a tiny bit of a problem. Plus if you see the Starbound demos you can see that they have more views then "Edge of Space." If TB does a WTF is on Edge of Space... well we have to spam him about Starbound... IT IS THE ONLY WAY!!!

4. Submerging

Submerging Master Chief

edge of space doesn't look nearly as good as starbound the inventory looks stupid and so does the health bars. This should not at all be worried about.

Dementia likes this.
  5. Eight

The person who started this thread was saying that they were worried about Starbound not getting enough publicity, and that people who haven't heard about SB might think that, because they are so simmilar and EoS is getting more attention, might think SB is copying EoS.
    This thread isn't about EoS and posting that you don't like EoS in this thread isn't helpfull and will not help Starbound get any more people to like it. The only people who will read it are the people on this forum.

Instead of being negative and saying that you don't like one game. Be positive and tell your friends what you like about Starbound and, then they will tell their friends about Starbound, and they will tell their friends and eventually everyone will know about starbound and we won't need to worry. (six degrees of seperation)

6. nic329

nic329 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i think the reason this started (and i could be wrong) is that EoS has game play videos (even alpha) and patch notes. Starbound while im sure it will be a great game hasnt seen that much light, we have videos of water and trees, both very cool in there own right, but not mass reaching like a video of players shooting a shark with freaking lazers. Untill starbound gets some sharks (and by that i mean game play videos) we are always going to be a little behind in the news "War" (cant think of a better name sorry) and we wont have much to show our friends. i WANT to share starbound with everyone i know. but at this point its not as easy as sharing EoS. thats just my two cents.

8Elliott likes this.
  7. Eight

Exactly what I was thinking (apart from the laser sharks). The devs are spending a lot of time working on the game, which is good 'cause it means it'll be released sooner, but they haven't spent enough time on a trailer to get more people interested. I think if they made a short video just showing off some basic (don't want to ruin it for when it comes out) more people will be interested in SB and it will give them a better idea of what the game will be like (remember that it'll be mainly for people that don't know about it yet).

8. Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

9. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, I hadn't even heard of that one yet, seems a lot of great minds are thinking alike these days :rofl:

10. Patrick

Patrick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Easiest way for starbound to get well known is to post videos on it of youtube, I have made pixel arts of starbound and say 7 people watch each of them, thats 7 extra people, now say I make a video for each one, I have about 5-7, so thats around 42 views and 42 more people that have heard about it. Now lets says that a lot of people do this, and then everyone that does that put up around 20 videos on it. That is a lot of people finding out and then they might tell other people.

11. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

yeah i get that. its just that in my head, dumbf**kc who are already doing heavy fanboism arent gonna see the light anytime soon, so it just look so vain sometime when good people like lady wishes try to convince them otherwise. like chasing windmills if you get where im going :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.