1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Beta players be allowed to record?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghoschief, Mar 1, 2012.

?

Should the beta holders be able to record?

1. No, it would ruin the sense of "mystery" and I would rather keep my Starbound virginity

37 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. Yes, I would love to see footage from this game once the beta is released!

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. meh.

19 vote(s)
    21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, Pbats videos were awesome I only subscribed to him because of Terraria, I was so damn excited for that game, but at some point I stopped watching the videos because I didn't want to be spoilered too hard.

2. I voted no.. Because I get too tempted to watch them, and I don't want to get spoiled..

Oh, the temptation.

3. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I personally want some footage, not a lot, but I want nevertheless.
    And if somebody doesn't want to, nobody forces them to watch the video(s)!

It's your choice to see how the game looks like or try it out yourself, half a year forward.
    I want to see it, but I don't force anybody to do so. If they want the experience, they can have it, let them go ahead.

4. Monte Zuma

Monte Zuma Master Chief

It really depends wether it is open or closed béta.

If closed-béta, then the people who got into it, will probably have to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). So they would be forbidden to leak any information about the game.

Perhaps after the NDA is lifted, people may leak some béta info.

5. Pride

Pride Subatomic Cosmonaut

Fun fact, you do not have to watch any footage that is released.

6. countchocula86

countchocula86 Subatomic Cosmonaut

My biggest problem with Pbat was too much too soon. Obviously at the time I loved having a constant stream of new videos, but in hindsight he showed off way too much way too fast. So if beta testers did record and upload videos, Id want it regulated. I want to be teased.

7. Leoxent

Leoxent Space Spelunker

I voted yes, terraria released alpha footage that I enjoyed watching, and I still enjoyed playing the game over and over. Also because if I can't get involved in beta testing I want to know what I'm missing out on ^^.

8. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

yep, that's exactly why I stopped viewing them. It would have made the game boring.

9. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I watched them as they came out and I still loved Terraria
    I think it will be the same if Starbound does something similar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.