1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Beta players be allowed to record?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghoschief, Mar 1, 2012.

?

Should the beta holders be able to record?

1. No, it would ruin the sense of "mystery" and I would rather keep my Starbound virginity

37 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. Yes, I would love to see footage from this game once the beta is released!

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. meh.

19 vote(s)
    21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know if this has been asked yet, so please don't bite at me if it has. But should the people with beta keys have the option to record a series on it for youtube or other similar sites? Will it ruin the fun for some people, or would you all rather see footage than wait 6 months for the game? What are your opinions on this...

2. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

Nah, it would spoil the game.

3. rhyldin

rhyldin Space Spelunker

I voted no since I want to explore everything myself. Altough I would love to see some footage if I don't get into the beta :p

4. Mellsbells

Mellsbells Astral Cartographer

I think that if there's going to be a closed-beta, there shouldn't a recording. A closed-beta just seems like more of a 'let's work out all of the glitches' and such, rather than a 'let's showcase this as a teaser to the public.

rhyldin and Cowskee like this.
  5. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

I've always wanted to sign a non-disclosure agreement!

k0rd and Mellsbells like this.
  6. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

If people don't want to see the footage then they simply DONT HAVE TO WATCH THE FOOTAGE
    Even if there was no recording, if there is no plans for an NDA the information would be out there anyway

7. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

I'm okay with both so I voted meh xD

8. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

well, in my opinion, they should be allowed to record. i mean, i understand that people dont want to get spoiled, but whenever i dont want to get spoiled on a game, i just dont look for ingame footage videos.

9. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

I voted No, while if i was a beta tester, i wouldnt want to show footage to the non beta testers for the fact that i would be torturing them by teasing them with awesome things. So for those of you who want to allow recording, shame on all of thee.

10. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

As stated before: Yes they should, it's not that hard to ignore gameplay footage of the game if you really don't want to see it and the game information would land in the forums anyway at some point.

Paulthegreen and Dal like this.
  11. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I say yes because it's good for the people that want to see it, and for the people that feel it would ruin the "surprise" for them, they can easily not watch the videos.

12. Ecchiholic

Yeah, I don't understand why many people don't get this.

13. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

The temptation man...the TEMPTATION

rhyldin likes this.
  14. Animaster78900

im pretty sure we all know how predictable people are, and their temptations. And we are all anticipating this game. Im pretty sure the people that say they arent gonna watch the videos will somehow not be able to keep themselves from them, and spoil the game for themselves. So not having the ability to record is best for everyone.
    You can all deny it, but you all know, more or less, how true this is. Its humans nature of curiousity.

EarlOfDoom and Cowskee like this.
  15. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

crap, the community seems very evenly split on this issue.

it will have to be up to the devs, we must make a pact for nobody to get mad at their decision!

current votes 6-6-2

16. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I'll go against what I voted because I wasn't thinking, heh. I'd love to see gameplay videos from beta testers to fuel my insanity, but no videos would be ok too, as long as we get some teasers. I'd understand if the testers can't make videos of the game.

17. Rollder

Rollder Void-Bound Voyager

i like the look of this game so and would love to see people try it even if it dose spoil the surprise it dose not bother me because i want to see how the game works and plays and how awesome it is.

18. Ecchiholic

weak your mind is, young padawan.

Cowskee and Animaster78900 like this.
  19. Animaster78900

Temptation, a path to the dark side is.

Ecchiholic likes this.
  20. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And one person's inability to control themselves is somebody else's problem because....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.