Other Shorts & Prompts by Kate [Requests: CLOSED!]

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Skyloft-Farm, Aug 16, 2016.

1. ApertureGaming011

ApertureGaming011 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm dire to see the post, but I'm sure you need to take your time.

• Skyloft-Farm

Skyloft-Farm Void-Bound Voyager

Admittedly I've been super sick and haven't done much at all as far as writing goes. But, thanks to some good drugs and a four day weekend, I've been able to catch up on some writing! Stay tuned! :))

ApertureGaming011 likes this.
      • ApertureGaming011

OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE BOTTLES! IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE! SAM, PUT THE TURKEY DOWN, WE'LL CUT IT WHEN THE BIGGER EVENTS ARRIVE!

• Skyloft-Farm

"I'm not going down there," Sam said, crossing his arms as Abigail slid down the ladder.

"Don't be such a baby," she said to them from the ground. "I've been here tons of times, it's fine."

Sam and Sebastian exchanged uneasy glances.

"It's dark," Sam said.

"Aren't there monsters?" Sebastian asked.

"Under your bed," Abigail snapped. "Come on already."

Sam and Sebastian followed her hesitantly into the mines. Abigail clicked on her flashlight, smiling excitedly as she moved her light across the walls of the mines.

"It smells down here," Sam muttered.

"Jack comes down here all the time," Abigail said.

"Good for Jack," Sebastian said, rolling his eyes. "Why don't you go with him next time?"

"He doesn't let me," Abigail said, practically pouting.

"What's so great about these old mines, anyway?" Sam asked. "There's nothing down here but rocks."

"Gotta go deeper for the good stuff," Abigail said as she proceeded down another ladder.

They followed her reluctantly as she lead them deeper into the mines, each level growing darker than the last.

"I can't see shit down here," Sam said.

Sebastian jumped into Sam. "Something definitely touched my leg."

"It's your imagination," Abigail said, pressing further ahead of them. "Nothing lives down here."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," Sam said as the sound of wings echoed off the walls.

Abigail's light disappeared around the corner. "Don't be ridic-" A scream cut off her sentence.

Sam and Sebastian ran towards her, rounding the corner as four stone golems closed in around her.

"Do something!" she shouted to them.

Sam picked up some near by rocks and threw them at the monsters. The creatures turned towards him, hissing angrily.

"You sure did something," Sebastian yelled to Sam.

They stood in horror as two of the golems turned away from Abigail and made their way towards the two terrified men. But as they neared, two shots rang through the mine, and the golems dropped to the ground. Two more rang out, and the two near Abigail dropped as well. There was the sound of a match and a flare lit to life in Jack's hand. His brows knit together angrily as Abigail ran into his arms.

"I thought I made myself clear about the mines?" he said to her.

"What, you followed us here?" Sam asked accusingly.

"Yes," Jack snapped at him. "When two idiots take off with my girl friend towards the mines, I follow them."

"It was my idea," Abigail said. "Don't be mad at them. I'm sorry."

Jack sighed. "I guess I should have known your curiosity would get the best of you one of these days."

"I guess it's a good thing I have a tough, brave boyfriend to come to my rescue," she said flirtatiously, kissing him gently.

"Ugh," Sebastian said. "Get a room."

Jack smiled and returned his pistol to the holster under his arm.

"The fuck is that?" Sam asked, his eyes wide. "I didn't know you could shoot a gun."

"It's a Kimber Custom 1911A1 single-action," he said casually. He patted another gun against his waist. "MK 23 with a LAM."

"LA-What?" Sebastian repeated.

"Laser-aiming module."

"Were you in the army or something?" Sam asked.

"Special forces," he said. "Second battalion."

"You're kidding, right?" Sebastian asked.

"No," Jack said simply. "I came here as soon as my tour was up."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Abigail asked.

Jack shrugged. "It's not as glamorous as the movies make it look. We're in a war, and I was part of a very dangerous unit. It gets old after a while."

"I'm sorry," Abigail muttered. "I didn't know."

Jack took her hand and smiled. "Just don't come back here without me, okay?"

Abigail smiled and leaned in for another kiss. "Deal."

• ApertureGaming011

Yes... Yes... YES... YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Abigail is so adorable and Jack is really badass! Another customer satisfied! Should I post another? I really love your imagines!

Skyloft-Farm likes this.
            • Skyloft-Farm

awwww lol thank you! i'm so glad you like them! this one was definitely a challenge so i'm glad you are happy with it haha :) feel free to post another if you'd like, i'm always up for the challenge! i probably wont get around to it until later tomorrow - got some christmas parties and decorating to attend to! ^_^ and now that i'm not fighting the flu any more, i should be better at posting. had a lot of catch up writing to do!

• ApertureGaming011

Challenge 1: the male farmer (dating abigail as usual) inviting the trio and Harvey to an air show only to have them realize that the farmer used to be an ace fighter pilot and is part of the show?

• ApertureGaming011

So I took the liberty to be inspired of this short story, so I've decided to make an entire fanfic out of it. I really want to thank you for writing this marvelous request, you know!

“Order up!” A waiter called out from behind the counter as he posted a piece of paper on the wall. Catherine rushed from her stool, picked it up and gave it a read.

‘1x Caviar Aglio Olio Spaghetti
                  2x T-Bone Cheese Steak (Medium-rare)
                  1x Rice Pudding w/ grilled lobster
                  1x Addenell Bruschetta (4-Serv)
                  4x Peach Ice Cream’

Catherine gave a nod. Seeing that somebody ordered her famous bruschetta, she knew that this was her job.

23-Year old Catherine Addenell works in a 5-Star hotel kitchen as a chef in Zuzu city. She wasn’t just a regular cook, but was known as the greatest and youngest master chef in all of Ferngill Republic. She had emerald eyes accompanied with brunette hair and a slightly tanned bright skin. Born from a poor family in the capital, Arcadia, she had grown interest in videogames and cooking since she was eight years old. With the approval of her middle school principal, she was able to attend a highly prestigious culinary school when she was thirteen thanks to her excellent grades and scholarships. Both of her parents have unfortunately deceased, leaving Catherine’s 21-year old brother Gabriel the only family member alive. Although Gabriel wasn’t interested in cooking, he now works as the prime bartender in the Olde Smith Club, a very popular club where many famous authors hang out.

Catherine was about to light the stove to start cooking when she heard another “Order Up!” from behind the counter. Thinking that this wasn’t her job, she gave a simple shrug as she walked to the giant refrigerator where all of the ingredients were stored. Just as he opened it, a middle-aged stout chef approached her.

“Ma’am?” The chef called.

“Yes, Mr. Belinski?” Catherine asked.

“The latest order is Priority-One. We need you here.” Priority-One. That is what the chefs call the orders from VIPs.

“That’s strange.” Catherine said, scratching her head. “I’ve never heard of any news about VIPs coming in our hotel today.”

“Well, it’s… uh… hard to explain.” Mr. Belinski hesitated, making the master chef sigh.

“Look, I really need to start on my order. Whoever’s behind mine had ordered the bruschetta! You know that I don’t want to disappoint anyone who orders this!”

“…But he’s the representative of the Joja Corporation!” Mr. Belinski said.

“He’s… WHAT?” Catherine was shocked. The hotel she works in is owned and sponsored by the Joja Corporation, thus placing the nail in the coffin. This was the main reason of why almost all of the food ingredients weren’t fresh. ‘No wonder this order is Priority-One.’ She thought, and then opened her mouth. “May I see the order?” She asked. The chef handed her the paper that had the representative’s order.

‘1x T-Bone Steak w/ Fois Gras + Truffles (Medium)
                  1x Cream of Lobster’

“That’s it?” Catherine asked, flabbergasted. How the hell is this an order from a VIP? The chef nodded in reply. All of this made Catherine think deeply. Her order consisted of her famous bruschetta. In fact, one of the top reasons of her fame was because of that. She hated disappointing her guests about this. In the other hand, however, the new order was from the representative of the company that sponsored her. Should she be unable to satisfy the VIP, Joja would crush her down. Despite worried about her reputation, she reminded herself of how much she hated the company, making her decision. “Mr. Belinski, can you call Iftekharul?”

“Yes, chef.” Mr. Belinski complied, then turned around. “Iftekharul!”

“Yes, Mr. Belinski!” A lean, short brown-skinned man ran to the two. This was Iftekharul Haque, the 22 year-old chef from Bangladesh. He was the best student of Catherine.

“Iffy, I want you to make this order!” Catherine ordered, handing him the paper that Mr. Belinski had. Her student read it, turning his handsome face into a frown.

“Ch… chef, this is Priority-One! I… I don’t think I can make this!” Iftekharul stuttered. “Besides, can you please stop calling me by that?”

“Iftekharul, you’ve passed all of your exams I’ve given and your skills nearly match mine! I’m sure that even Gordon Ramsey would approve your skills! If you say no, I’ll always call of Iffy from now on!” After a short pause, the brown man started to hesitate. “Time’s gold here!” Catherine added.

“…Yes, chef.” Iftekharul finally said, taking the order. “Damn, how am I going to do this?” He said to himself as he collected his ingredients and walked to his stove.

“I guess that solves everything.” Catherine said to Mr. Belinski.

“I guess, chef.” The stout man said before walking back to the cutting board he was working on. Nodding, Catherine quickly pulled out her required ingredients and walked to the stove.

With the last piece of bruschetta, Steak pieces, rice pudding and spaghetti plated, Catherine rang the bell after placing the plates on the counter. Soon enough, a waitress swiftly placed the plates on a tray and zoomed to the table. Catherine took the liberty to observe the waitress as she walked to her destination. The waitress stopped at a table with four people: One middle-aged woman with red hair, a dark-skinned middle-aged man, a dark-skinned teenage girl and a young raven-haired man with the skin as pale as the middle-aged woman. She tried to concentrate on the food, but for some reason, her mind forced her eyes on the raven-haired man. ‘Why, brain?’ Catherine scolded herself just as a familiar voice called her.

“Miss Addenell?” The voice called. It was Iftekharul. “I, uh… need your evaluation?”

“Of course! Hang on, Iffy!” Catherine chirped before jogging to the dark-skinned man. Iftekharul’s reaction to his nickname made everyone in the kitchen laugh. “What’s up?” The master chef asked when she was beside her student.

“Chef, I need to know if I did this properly.” Iftekharul nervously said. Nodding, Catherine took a small sip of the cream of lobster. The two things that made Catherine special was her very sensitive sense of smell and taste. She used this as an advantage to test her food to perfection.

“This… this is exactly like how I make it!” Catherine complimented, taking a nibble of a piece of steak. “This too! Iffy, you’re improving!”

“Thank you, chef, but please, enough with the nickname!” Iftekharul grunted. “I’ll send this to the VIP.” Catherine happily nodded as a waiter tapped her shoulder.

“Chef, table-13 asked for your appearance.” The waiter said. Catherine’s smile immediately disappeared as she walked out of the kitchen.

The waiter guided Catherine to the table that he was talking about. The table had four people… ‘Wait, they’re the guys that gave the order!’ She thought as she placed her hands behind her, looking as formal as possible. “Is there a problem, sir?” She asked the dark-skinned man, hiding her worry. However, as she looked at the faces of him and the red-haired woman, it seemed to have disappeared.

“I just want to say how delicious your bruschetta is!” The Dark-skinned man complimented. “Today’s my wife’s birthday and you’ve sure made her day!”

“Why thank you, sir. It’s my specialty to satisfy people!” Catherine replied, smiling.

“No wonder why you’re the best chef in the country! Isn’t that right, Sebby?” The woman asked the raven-haired man.

“Mom, not in public!” The raven-haired man hissed, and then faced Catherine. “Anyway, it’s really good!” he complimented, giving thumbs up as he munched on a bruschetta. This all made her blush followed by a warm sensation flowing around her heart. What was this feeling? When she saw the bruschetta plate empty, she saw the raven-haired man going for his cheese steak. “Sir, sh…should I c…cut it for you?” She involuntarily asked, walked to the man. ‘DAMNIT, CATHERINE!’ She screamed in the inside. However, the man nodded with a smile and placed his fork and knife down for her to use. As she cut his steak, her eyes couldn’t help but veer to his, making Catherine almost miss the steak entirely. In the end, she managed to pull it off, making the raven-haired man smile and blush.

“Thank you.” The man said.

“All in a day’s work, sir.” Catherine said, trying to hide her rosy cheeks. Just as she was being showered by compliments from the woman about her spaghetti, she was startled by a sudden yell. Catherine and her four guests turned to the source: A short stout man with black hair and glasses wearing a tuxedo was yelling at… Iftekharul?

“How DARE you make me this garbage?! How are you even hired in our hotel?! You should be deported back to wherever you came from and work in a brick factory!!” The man shouted at Catherine’s student. She noticed Iftekharul trying his best to not cry.

“I’m sorry for the inconvenience.” Catherine apologized to the family and quickly walked to the stout man. “Is there a problem, sir?” She asked. Immediately, the rage-drowned face of the stout man turned into a smile once he saw her, making her furious.

“Oh, if it isn’t Master Chef Addenell! This person made a terrible mistake at my food and I was…. Scolding him.” The man said. Catherine nodded as she secretly inspected the man. This man wa Morris Padelaski, the so-called representative of Joja Corporation of Zuzu City. She was disgusted by his face.

“I’m sorry, sir. I’ll make your order again.” Iftekharul apologized, taking the plates.

“No, you idiot. I want Chef Addenell to make mine!” Morris scoffed. Catherine nodded before following her student back into the kitchen.

When Catherine and her student were inside, Iftekharul burst into tears.

“I’m so sorry, chef! I’ve disappointed you!” He cried, covering his face.

“Iffy, it’s okay! You’ve done nothing wrong!” Catherine assured, taking a bite of the steak he made. “Your food is perfect, as I said before!” She said with honesty. This all made her question: Why would Morris be furious about food that is almost equivalent of her level? She saw that the entire kitchen’s attention was on the two. “Get back to work! Concentrate on your food!” She exclaimed.

“Yes, chef.” Everybody complied before returning to their businesses.

“I’m not worthy of working with you…” Iftekharul sobbed.

“IFTEKHARUL!” Catherine shouted, startling everyone in the kitchen. “Why do you hate yourself?! I understand that this isn’t your first time, but the man you’ve served is a complete douchebag! Everybody knows that! Isn’t that right, Mr. Argonev?” She asked a chef closest to her.

“Of course, chef. He always scolds us about his food.” The chef replied.

“Count me in! He threw my plate of salmon set across the carpet!” Another agreed.

“Me too!” Another added. Soon enough, nine out of ten chefs agreed.

“You see, Iftekharul? You’re not the only victim of Morris! Keep your chin up!” Catherine said. “I have to prepare my table’s dessert.”

“Th… thank you, chef.” Iftehkarul replied, wiping his tears.

“Now, remember that you’re my most favorite student! Come on, you’ve got another order in your stove.” Catherine’s student nodded and walked to his station. Catherine walked to the ice-cream machine to scoop up four large globules of sweet cream and put it in four crystal bowls, finishing off with slices of peach. She placed the bowls on the counter and rang the bell. After all of this, she started cooking the T-Bone steak and Cream of Lobster for the dreaded Morris Padelaski.

It was 12 o’clock when the chefs were dismissed for the day. Catherine walked into her and her brother’s house and dropped her bag on the sofa. She gave a sigh as she collapsed on her desk chair. In days like these whenever she or her students were scolded, a few rounds of videogames helped her. As she opened a drawer to look for her Playstation controller, she noticed that her controller wasn’t the only thing that wasn’t inside. There was a yellow envelope with a purple seal attached to it. ‘Haven’t I seen this before…?’ Catherine thought to herself as she picked it up. She opened it and started reading.

Dear Catherine,

If you are reading this, you must be in dire need of a change.

The same thing has happened to me during my young days of being pushed around by big companies. All of this made me want to find what I have lost: Real connections between people and nature. So I dropped everything and went to the place where I truly belong: The Demeter Farm. It is located in Stardew Valley, in the southern coast of the country.

I have placed a deed to that place in this envelope. I know you will make our family proud. Good luck, Catherine. You were my favorite grandchild.

PS- If Lewis is fine, please tell him that I will miss him.

-You grandfather, Jonathan Addenell.

Catherine shifted in the envelope the find the deed that the letter was talking about in the letter. Suddenly, she remembered. This was the final gift that her grandfather had given before his departure from this world. She collapsed on the sofa and shed tears. She may love her job as a hotel chef, but her hatred to Joja was enough to strengthen her desire to go to wherever this Valley is. She immediately knew what to do. She rushed to her room and started packing her stuff, prioritizing on her computer and clothes. After thirty minutes of packing, she took her membership card of Olde Smith Club and walked out of the house. She had to contact her brother.

If you like it, I'll think about making it into a fully-fledged fanfiction!

Skyloft-Farm likes this.
                  • Skyloft-Farm

Ahhh khgkdhdfsfs I am so happy you were inspired! I love this thank you so much for sharing! I love how you twisted the whole idea of the intro so that she's not working behind a desk, but basically doing what she loves - just for the wrong company! I really hope you decide to continue on with this :)

[btw your request is sitting on my computer waiting for a few more changes here and there before I post!]

• ApertureGaming011

I gave a cryptic hint about four townspeople of Stardew valley here along with Catherine's secret crush, and thank you for liking it! I really like cooking, too! Of course, I'm already writing the second chapter as of now!

Skyloft-Farm likes this.
                      • ApertureGaming011

...but should I just keep posting it here?

• Skyloft-Farm

Why not make your own thread for everyone to read if you're going to do a whole fic? :)

Pudassassin likes this.
                          • ApertureGaming011

Yeah, I guess I should do that

• ApertureGaming011

Just making sure that this page is not forgotten!

• Skyloft-Farm

Not at all! I have half of it written. Unfortunately I've just been super sick the last couple weeks and haven't been able to do much of anything. I've been working on catching up on stuff over the weekend including your prompt. I'm so sorry for all the delays! This winter has not been kind to me :\

• Skyloft-Farm

UPDATE: STILL WORKING ON THIS! Between the holidays and NOT HAVING A CHARGER FOR MY LAPTOP (let's blame it mostly on that) I've had like, zero access to the internet besides my phone. Playing catch up on this week that I have off!! Stay tuned!!

• ApertureGaming011

I hope everything goes on well with you! I really love your writing!

• Skyloft-Farm

khdfksjhfs it's coming, I promise! wanted to get some under shadow posts out of my drafts because things were getting lost xD (hence why i've closed requests for a while..)
                                      hope you had a good holiday!

• Skyloft-Farm

“I know you like planes,” Derek said, handing Harvey a ticket to the air show in the city. “I had an extra ticket and thought of you.”

Harvey took the ticket and grinned. “Thanks,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to go, but never really had a chance to get around to it.”

“Well,” Derek started. “Clear your schedule and I’ll see you there.”

“Hot date without me?” Abigail said from behind Derek.

Derek turned to her and smiled as she stood crossing her arms. Sam and Sebastian stood behind her, disinterested in their conversation. They made their way into the back room where they would play another game of pool.

Derek shrugged. “You can come, too,” he said with a tone in his voice that suggested she was an after thought. He grinned to show he was teasing her.

“Where to?”

Derek flashed a few more tickets. “Harvey and I are going to the air show in the city this weekend.”

“Oh,” Abigail said simply. “That sounds cool. Am I invited?”

“I didn’t think you’d be interested.”

Abigail nodded. “Definitely.” She plucked a ticket out of his fingers and made her way into the back room where Sam and Sebastian waited.

Derek smiled at Harvey. “I’ll see you there, then,” he said over his shoulder as he followed Abigail. He kissed her quickly on the cheek when he caught up to her.

“Get a room,” Sam muttered, bent over the pool table in a dramatic attempt to aim his cue stick at the solid colored balls.

“We’re going to the air show next weekend,” Abigail said as she plopped herself on the couch.

Sam scratched the table. “What?” he whined. “I wanna go.”

“I’ve got two more tickets,” Derek said, flashing a white grin.

Sebastian rolled his eyes as Sam plucked the last two tickets from Derek.

“Sweet, man.” He pressed a ticket into Sam’s hand. “Chicks love the excitement of an air show.”

The morning of the air show, Abigail, Sam, Sebastian, and Harvey found themselves in the city, waiting eagerly for the show to begin. Abigail stood on her tip toes as she searched the crowd for Derek.

“He said he was gonna meet us here,” she said, her brows knit together as she searched. She was growing impatient and the show was about to start.

“Let’s just go sit,” Sam said anxiously. He raised his eyebrows flirtatiously as two young women walked by giggling.

They found their way to their seats just as the announcer’s voice came over the speakers, booming over the crowd energetically. They looked up as three fighter jets roared low over the crowd before climbing higher into the air.

“Our three pilots today are air force veterans,” the announcer said. “They’re flying their F-22 Raptors.” The jets flipped and twirled in the air as they came back low once more, flying over the crowd. “Give it up for our pilots, Jason McNeal, Austin Jones, and Derek Calderon in the lead.”

Harvey, Sam, and Sebastian turned to Abigail. “Derek Calderon?” they said.

Abigail shook her head. “No. It’s gotta be someone else.”

Sam raised an eyebrow. “I don’t think so,” he said. “Your boyfriend is a friggen fighter pilot.”

Abigail turned her eyes back to the sky, watching as the jets continued their show. “He never said anything to me,” she said.

When the show ended, the jets landed and the pilots got out, removing their helmets and bowing to the crowd as they cheered.

Abigail made her way quickly through the crowd and to the edge of the fencing, watching as the pilots shook hands with one another, laughing and patting each other on the backs. She recognized Derek immediately as a group of uniformed air force soldiers crowded around them.

Abigail waited patiently as the crowd thinned and eventually found Derek by his jet once more. She strode up to him confidently, crossing her arms and shifting her weight onto one leg with attitude. Derek smiled when he saw her.

“So, what’d ya think? Did I put on a good show?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Abigail asked, accusingly.

“Oh, come on,” Derek said as he approached her, taking her into his arms. “I wanted to surprise you.”

Abigail looked down in an attempt to hide her smile. “It was a pretty cool surprise, I guess,” she muttered. “I thought Harvey was going to lose his shit when we found it you were in one of the jets.” She met his gaze and smirked. “I told him you’d give him flying lessons.”

Derek rolled his eyes and grinned. “What about you? Am I gonna make a pilot out of you, too?”

Abigail looked at the large, intimidating air craft, hesitant. “Maybe just a passenger,” she said with a smile. She stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek.

It didn’t take long for Harvey, Sam, and Sebastian to find them out in the field. Harvey practically vibrated with excitement as he looked over the craft and tried his best to impress Derek with all the lingo he knew. Derek smiled and happily answered his questions, showing him the inside of the cockpit. Sam and Sebastian, however, were more interested in the weapons built in to the air craft.

As the sun began to set for the day, Derek prepared the jet for its return home.

“Want to go for a ride?” he asked Abigail when Harvey, Sam, and Sebastian finally left to return to the valley. “The world looks mighty romantic at sunset.” He winked playfully at her and took her hand.

“Just no flips in the air,” Abigail said as he lifted her into the cockpit.

Derek kissed her before hopping in to the front and taking the controls. The jet roared to life and sped down the run way, lifting graciously into the air as they flew off into the sunset.

• ApertureGaming011

It's finally here! The wait was worth it! Ah, too bad the requests are closed at the moment... your imagines are too great!!

Skyloft-Farm likes this.