Other Shorts & Prompts by Kate [Requests: CLOSED!]

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Skyloft-Farm, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Skyloft-Farm

Skyloft-Farm Void-Bound Voyager

2. Skyloft-Farm

Jas wasn’t home when Shane returned from the saloon, and it was late.

“Where’s Jas?” he asked Marnie.

“On a date.”

“A date? With who?”

“Some kid she met in the city,” Marnie said, disinterested.

“The city? You just let her go out with some random kid?”

“He seems like a nice guy. They’ve been talking a lot since she got back from her trip.”

“Are you out of your mind? She can’t date.”

Marnie met his gaze. “Shane, she’s fifteen. You can’t keep her locked up here her whole life.”

“She’s too young to be dating. Especially some random kid from the city.”

“I think you’re over reacting, Shane.”

“No, you’re under reacting. We don’t even know this kid.”

“He was very polite when he picked her up.”

“Picked her up? In a car? How old is he?”

Marnie shrugged. “Sixteen? Seventeen?”

“Are you serious?” Shane could feel his face heat up with rage. “Seventeen? He’s practically an adult. All they care about is sex. Are you insane? I can’t believe you let her go out with him.”

“Shane, stop. He’s a nice guy. And Jas is a good girl. She’s fine.”

Shane scoffed. “Unbelievable.”

—–

Shane was waiting for Jas when she got home, just minutes before midnight, her allotted curfew.

“When were you going to tell me about this city kid?” he asked angrily as Jas closed the door behind her.

“Never,” she said shortly.

“Never? Did you think I wouldn’t find out?”

Jas shrugged. “I was hoping you wouldn’t. I knew you’d over react.”

“Over react? I’m being completely rational right now. You’re not going out with him again.”

“This is none of your business,” she hissed. “I can go out with whoever I want.”

“This is my business, and you’re not going out with him again.”

“You don’t control me. You’re not my father!”

Shane hesitated. He felt like he had been hit by a train, knocking the wind out of him.

“Jas-”

“I’m not a little girl anymore, Shane. You can’t pretend we have this normal life and everything’s just fine. I’m practically an adult. I can do what I want and you can’t stop me.”

Shane could feel his anger boil over. “You’re right. I can’t stop you. You have no mother or father. You’re just a damn orphan.”

Shane immediately regretted losing control of the situation. He watched as Jas’s face whitened. Her lips quivered, but her brows knit together angrily. She spun on her heels and ran out the door, slamming it hard behind her.

Shane cursed loudly. He stood alone in the kitchen, wishing he could take it all back. He ran out behind her, but Jas was already gone.

—–

Shane searched the town, calling for her, but Jas was nowhere to be found. After an hour of searching, he returned home and stood by the edge of the lake, staring into the darkness. His stomach twisted sickeningly. It was after one, and Jas still hadn’t come home. And it was all his fault.

“Shane?”

Jas. He turned to find her just yards away, her eyes wet and red. His heart flew in his chest to see her home safe and sound. She ran towards him and Shane pulled her into his chest.

“I’m sorry,” she sobbed.

Shane kissed her head. “I’m sorry, too. I didn’t mean what I said.”

“Me neither.”

“Please don’t keep secrets from me. I worry about you.”

Jas nodded. “I know.”

Shane pushed her away and met her gaze. “Those city guys are nothing but trouble.”

Jas ran her arm across her face, drying her eyes. “I know,” she sobbed. “He had a girlfriend the whole time.”

Shane pulled her back into his arms and let her cry. “I’m sorry, Jas.”

“I hate guys.”

Shane smiled. “Good. They’re all assholes. I would know.”

“I don’t think you’re an asshole.”

“You’ve got a lot to learn, then.”

Jas rubbed her eyes and sighed.

“Come on,” Shane said. “I think there’s some ice cream in the freezer.”

Jas wrapped her arms around Shane once more. “I love you, Shane.”

Shane wrapped her arms around her and kissed her head. “I love you, Jas.”

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Awww overprotective Shane is the best Shane. Sassy jas too wasn't expectin that. I like it. Twas noice and fun and cute

Pudassassin likes this.
      • Skyloft-Farm

“Elliot!” I yell through the bathroom door. “Get out!” I let my fist slam into the door.

Elliot opens the door and I push past him. He leans against the wall and flips his hair over his shoulder. “Sorry.”

“You spend more time on your damn hair than I do,” I say as I turn on the shower.

“You used to like it,” he says. “It takes a lot of work to make it look this good for you.”

I roll my eyes and pull my shirt over my head. It’s filthy from the morning’s work on the farm.

“You know what takes a lot of work? The farm.”

“And you do a good job.”

“You could help out once in a while.”

I turn around. Elliot is inspecting himself in the mirror. He catches my gaze in the reflection and smirks.

“But then my hair would get dirty…”

I groan as I finish stripping and hurry in the shower. “You’re such a girl.” I peek around the shower curtain, but Elliot is gone.

—–

After my shower, I find Elliot outside, looking over the farm. The fall air is cool, but the crops are striving, and I hope the first frost is still a ways out.

“Do you think we’ll be set for the winter?” Elliot asks me.

“Of course. This isn’t my first winter on the farm, you know.”

He sighs. “Winter is a dreadful season. At least the ocean is still lively. Everything here will be dead.”

“Well, that’s cheerful,” I mumble. “Besides, there’s lots of life still. Me, and you, and the animals. We’ll be fine.”

He turns to me and smiles. “I trust you.”

“Wouldn’t kill you to help out around here, though.”

“Farming just isn’t my thing.”

“Well, this is what we have to do to survive. You knew what you were getting into when you married me.”

“I was too over come by your beauty.” He flashes his most charming smile.

“Your charm won’t work on me like it used to.”

“Well, at least you’re still my muse.”

“We can stop farming when you write a best seller.” I kiss his cheek and head back inside the house.

—–

I pull the blankets over my shoulder. Elliot is still out, but I don’t bother waiting up for him. I’m exhausted and still irate ate him. But it’s not long until he finds his way home and crawls in beside me.

“You’re mad at me,” he says simply.

“I’m not mad,” I say with a yawn.

“You’re right,” he says. “It’s only fair that I start pulling my weight around here.”

“I always knew you were capable.” I turn over and meet his gaze. His eyes are soft and loving and it makes my heart melt, reminding me why I fell in love with him. I let my fingers trace his biceps. “Besides, I’d like to see those muscles work.”

He smiles. “See the stars, love?”

“Star-shadows shine, love,” I say. I know the poem by heart since the day he proposed.

“How many shadows in your soul?”

“Only mine, love, mine.”

He pulls me into his arms. “There, did you see that spark fly up at us?”

I lay my head on his chest. “Stars are not safe in heaven. What of yours, then, love, yours?”

His fingers run through my hair. “Will you count the darkness a grave, and swoon, love, swoon?”

• Skyloft-Farm

Alex stood on the beach, alone, admiring the pendant in his hand, and smiled. He still couldn’t believe that he was doing it - proposing to the farmer. It had to be perfect, just like the farmer. His heart raced in his chest as he imagined all the possible scenarios play out in his head. He had never felt this way before - nervous, excited, and at the same time, at ease. For once in his life, he knew what was in his future, and he would do anything to make it perfect.

He hid the pendant in his pocket, returning to town as Sam zoomed past on his skateboard, almost knocking him backwards.

“Sorry, man,” Sam muttered as he regained his balance.

But Alex’s mind was still on the farmer, his gaze on the ground. “Sure.”

“Earth to Alex?”

Alex looked up and met Sam’s gaze. “What?”

“Are you okay?”

Alex shrugged and smiled. “Yeah.”

“You look like you saw Elliot naked in the ocean. And liked it.”

Alex laughed. “Actually.” He hesitated. “I have a favor to ask you.”

“What is it?”

Alex pulled the pendant carefully out of his pocket. Sam’s eyes widened when he saw it.

“It’s for the farmer.”

Sam crossed his arms and smirked. “What do you want from me?”

“I was thinking of putting it around the farmer’s horse and riding into town.” Alex hesitated. “But I’ve never been on a horse before.”

“And you think I have?”

Alex looked at Sam’s skateboard and shrugged. “The horse moves. The skateboard moves. How different can it be?”

“A horse has a friggen mind of it’s own,” Sam pointed out, dropping the board at his feet. “They’re not even close to the same. That thing will probably throw you off.”

“Then I’ll need someone to get Harvey for me in case I break a leg.”

Sam smiled. “Okay. Yeah. I’d pay money to see that. I’m in.”

—–

Sam and Alex stood at the fence, watching the horse graze in the paddock.

“So,” Sam started. “What do we do now?”

Alex shrugged and whistled, but the horse ignored them.

“It’s not a dog, Alex,” Sam said, rolling his eyes.

“Do you have a better idea?”

Sam shrugged. “What does the farmer do?”

“Just… gets the horse.”

“Okay,” Sam said slowly. “Let’s just… get the horse.”

They both stared at the horse, neither of them moving.

“It likes carrots,” Alex said. He hurried into the barn, grabbing a handful of carrots. Sam took one, climbed over the fence, and approached the horse cautiously, Alex following close behind.

“There’s a good horse,” Sam said quietly, stretching his hand out with the carrot in his palm.

The horse lifted his head and flicked his ears. He watched Sam and Alex and stretched his neck out towards them. Sam stumbled backwards, startled, and the horse threw his head in the air and trotted away.

“You have such a way with animals,” Alex muttered.

“Like you’re doing any better.”

Alex waited until the horse began grazing once more an approached the horse quietly. “Hey, buddy, you know me. I have carrots.”

Again, the horse lifted his head and watched as Alex inched towards him. The horse stretched his neck out towards Alex’s palm and sniffed at the carrot. Alex patted the horse’s neck as he grabbed the carrot from Alex, crunching it happily. Alex took the horse by his halter and let out a sigh of relief.

“Now what?” Sam said.

Alex hesitated and looked around. “Help me get on?”

“Doesn’t it need, like, a saddle, or something? And that thing that goes in it’s mouth?”

“I don’t know how to do all that.” Alex lead the horse towards the fence. “Hold him,” he said to Sam.

Sam grabbed the halter carefully. “Good horse. Don’t eat me.”

Alex rolled his eyes. “It’s not going to eat you.” He climbed the fence and stood on the top board. “Bring him over here.”

Sam circled the horse and attempted to line the creature up next to the fence for Alex. The horse snorted in confusion as Sam tried to manipulate him. He pawed at the ground and finally came to a stop beside the fence, but still just out of Alex’s reach.

“You can’t get him any closer?”

“He’s going to kill me, Alex. See how mad he is?”

The horse sighed and stood still, waiting.

“He looks pissed,” Alex said sarcastically. He straddled the fence and leaned out, putting his hands on the horse’s back, but the horse was just far enough away from his legs.

“Just push yourself on,” Sam suggested.

“Easier said than done,” Alex muttered. He studied his target for a moment, then let his torso rest on the horse’s back. When the horse didn’t move, Alex continued. He shimmied his body across the horse’s back until he lost his footing on the fence and his legs dangled down the horse’s side.

Sam laughed hysterically as Alex attempted to push himself up on the horse.

“Swing your leg over,” he said.

Alex groaned and mumbled under his breath as he tried to pull himself up on to the horse’s back. He swung his legs in an attempt to give him momentum, but only ended up kicking the horse in his rib cage. The horse stepped to the side, trying to get away from Alex’s swinging legs, causing Alex’s grip to slip.

“No, no, no!”

He pulled at the horse’s mane and shimmied himself further up, but the horse continued to move and prance anxiously. He jerked his head out of Sam’s grip and reared back on his hind legs, throwing Alex to the ground. Satisfied, the horse returned to his grazing.

“Are you okay?”

Alex groaned but did not move. He stared up at the sky and blinked.

“Should I get Harvey?”

Alex turned over and pushed himself to his feet. He dusted off his jeans. “No. Stupid horse.”

“Maybe you can do something else.”

Alex shook his head. “No. The farmer loves this horse. This is the one thing I can do right in my life. Help me again.”

Sam didn’t argue - only slightly enjoying Alex’s suffering - and retrieved the horse once more. After another failed attempt, they finally lined the horse up to the fence and Alex easily slid on to the horse’s back.

Alex let out a sigh of relief and patted the horse’s neck. “There. Good horse.”

The horse flicked his ears and sighed.

“The hard part’s out of the way,” Sam said. “So, now what?”

“The farmer should be coming home any minute. I guess I’ll just wait in town.”

“And how are you going to get the horse there?”

Alex hesitated. “I didn’t think about that. Just lead it over there. The farmer uses a rope in the barn and it clips there.” Alex pointed to a ring under the horse’s halter. Sam found the rope and clipped it to where Alex said.

“It’s like a leash,” Sam said, holding the rope in his hands. “Come, boy.” He tugged at the rope and the horse inched lazily forward, hanging his head low.

Sam smiled. “Looks like I’m a natural.”

The horse stopped and proceeded to graze. Alex laughed.

Sam tugged at the rope again, but the horse did not budge. “Come, horse. Come on. Let’s go.” Sam pulled harder, with all his might, but the horse still did not move.

“I think the farmer says walk and gives him a kick.”

“Good luck with that.”

Alex sucked in a nervous breath. “Come on, horse. Walk. Move. Go.” He tapped the horse lightly on the sides with his heels. When the horse did not respond, he kicked harder. He clucked the way he had seen the farmer do, kicking harder until the horse lunged forward, throwing his head in the air.

“Shit!”

Alex grabbed the horse’s mane as it ran across the farm. “No! Stop! Woah!”

The horse ignored the commands, running until it reached the road, just as the farmer walked towards them.

“What the…”

The horse threw his head down, coming to a sudden stop, and Alex fell off, hitting the ground hard.

“Alex!” The farmer ran to him. “What the hell? Are you okay?”

Alex looked up into the farmer’s eyes. He sighed, fished around in his pocket, and pulled out the pendant.

“Alex…”

“I can’t take anymore falling off that damn horse,” Alex muttered. “I tried to make it perfect. Will you just marry me before it kills me?”

“Alex…” The farmer smiled and helped Alex to his feet. The farmer took the pendant from him and hugged him.

“Only if you let me teach you to ride.”

Alex smiled. “Deal.”

Minimanta and Pudassassin like this.
          • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Oh, poor Alex... he tried so hard. Well, he did succeed to propose the farmer anyway, with some bruises of course!

ApertureGaming011 likes this.
            • Skyloft-Farm

Maru was surprised to see Penny reading on the bench. She sat beside her.

“Hi, Maru,” Penny said, smiling behind her book.

“No kids today?” Maru asked. She thought for sure Penny would be in class with them.

“They’re at the farm today. The farmer offered to teach them about growing crops.”

“That sounds fun.”

“Gives me a break,” Penny said, turning back to her book.

“You guys seem close.”

“Hm?”

“You and the farmer.”

Penny met her gaze and blushed. “Just friends.”

Maru smirked. “Yeah. That’s how it always starts.”

“We’re just friends!”

Maru shrugged. “If you say so.” She leaned back against the bench and hugged her knees to her chest. The spring sun was warm on her face.

After a moment of sitting in silence, Maru stood and stretched.

“Well, I won’t bother you,” she said. “I was just passing through.”

Penny shrugged. “We’re friends. You never bother me.”

“I have stuff to do, anyway. See you later?”

Penny smiled. “Same time, same place?”

“Obviously.”

It was late when Sebastian finally emerged from his bedroom. Maru sat at the kitchen table, her head in her hands.

“What are you doing up?” he said as he searched the fridge for something to eat.

Maru shrugged. “Couldn’t sleep.”

Sebastian sat across from her. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Maru said simply.

“Something.”

“I don’t want to talk to you about it,” Maru hissed.

Sebastian rolled his eyes. “Whatever.” He stood up, but Maru stopped him.

“What…” she hesitated, forming her words carefully. “What do you do if you like someone?”

Sebastian smirked. “You like the farmer?”

“No,” she said quickly. “Ugh. No. Forget it.”

“I’m telling Demetrius.”

“Sebastian! Don’t you dare!”

“Then tell me who it is.”

“You’re an ass.”

Sebastian shrugged. “I don’t care enough anyway.” He turned to leave, then paused. “Get a bouquet from Pierre,” he suggested before leaving the house.

Maru stared at the selections of bouquets from behind the counter at Pierre’s. They were all so extravagant and beautiful. It all seemed too much. And expensive. Maru sighed.

“Anything you need?” Pierre asked her.

Maru shook her head. “No,” she said. “Not today.”

She decided to go simpler. Poppies were Penny’s favorite, and Maru knew just where to get a couple.

With poppies in hand, Maru waited under the big tree where her and Penny always sat. She knew Penny was teaching the kids, but she would probably show up later in the afternoon.

And just as she expected, Penny did, with her book in hand. Penny watched her feet as she walked, playing with the edges of her dress. She looked up at Maru and smiled. “Hi.”

Maru hesitated, blushing. “Hi.”

Penny’s eyes went to the poppies in her hand. “Those are pretty. What are they for?”

Maru shrugged. “I just had some. I knew you liked them.” She gave them to Penny.

Penny took them carefully and put them to her nose. She smiled as she breathed in their scent. “Thanks.”

They sat together on the bench. Penny spun the flowers between her fingers.

“Do you want to get dinner tonight?” Maru said quickly.

Penny met her gaze, quiet for a moment.

“I mean. I’m just kind of hungry. And something smells good at Gus’s.”

“Yes,” Penny said, nodding. “Yeah. Let’s get something to eat. I’m starving.”

• Skyloft-Farm

Pick the day you were born …

1. Abigail
                2. Alex
                3. Caroline
                4. Cling
                5. Demetrius
                6. Elliot
                7. Emily
                8. Evelyn
                9. George
                10. Gus
                11. Haley
                12. Harvey
                13. Jas
                14. Jodi
                15. Kent
                16. Leah
                17. Lewis
                18. Linus
                19. Marnie
                20. Maru
                21. Pam
                22. Penny
                23. Pierre
                24. Robin
                25. Sam
                26. Sandy
                27. Sebatian
                28. Shane
                29. Vincent
                30. Willy
                31. Wizard

And the month you were born…

• January - getting drunk at the saloon
                • February - reaction to a slime
                • March - finding Pierre’s ‘stash’
                • April - skinny dipping at the lake
                • May - getting lost in the mines
                • June - traveling into the city
                • July - telling ghost stories
                • August - awkward first date or kiss
                • September - celebrating a birthday or anniversary
                • October - home sick
                • November - breaking something on the farm
                • December - breaking into JoJa Mart
                • Or choose your own!

And send it to me in an ask and I’ll write it! No matter what it is!

Bonus Challenge: Include one of these emojis!

[​IMG]

Feel free to reblog and/or turn this into an art prompt as well! Have fun! :)

You can also choose multiple characters or your own farmer. Don’t feel restricted to picking just one! Doesn’t have to be your birthday either - just have fun with it!

• Skyloft-Farm

So I thought it would be funny to combine these two skinny dipping prompts. This assumes that Clint has already asked Emily out and they’ve been on a few dates.

——

Emily leaned against the wall, watching Clint work.

“What are you doing tonight?” she asked casually.

Clint looked up from his work and paused. “Uh. Nothing. Why? Should we do something?”

Emily shrugged. “I was thinking we could.”

Clint scratched his head and put down his tools. “Yeah. Okay. Dinner?”

Emily shook her head. “We always go out to dinner. Let’s do something different.”

Clint hesitated. “I’m not very good with different. What did you have in mind? Breakfast?”

Emily laughed and took her hands in his flirtatious. “I was thinking,” she started. “We could do something adventurous.”

“I don’t do adventurous,” Clint said nervously. “Like, the mines?”

“Noo,” Emily said. “Like. Maybe. Skinny dipping?”

Clint blushed beneath his beard. “S-skinny dipping? I’ve never done that…”

“Never? Not even in your crazy teenage days?”

Clint shook his head. “I was kind of a heavy kid. No one wants to see that. Trust me, you don’t want to see that.”

Emily pulled at his hands. “Oh, come on,” she begged. “It will be fun.” She hesitated. “Besides, we’ve already had countless dinner dates. Gotta spice things up. Make a move.”

“A move?” Clint sighed. “Yeah, I’m not good at those things.”

“Don’t worry,” Emily said, kissing his cheek. “I’ll teach ya. Just meet me at the lake tonight.” She winked at him before she left him alone in his shop.

Clint made his way slowly to the lake that night. It was nearing one in the morning and his knees practically shook at the idea of going skinny dipping with Emily. She was already there when he got there. She smiled excitedly at him and immediately shimmied out of her dress. Clint gawked at her for a moment before forcing his gaze away.

“Don’t be such a baby,” Emily said as she proceeded to take off the rest of her clothes. “Last one in has to walk home naked.”

Clint hesitated before slowly taking off his shirt. “Hope you don’t have high expectations,” he grumbled.

Emily smiled, turned her back to him, and dove into the lake.

Clint took advantage of her moment underwater, undressing quickly and jumping in before she emerged.

Emily broke the surface, looking around. Clint was gone. She felt two hands grab at her legs, startling her, and Clint emerged beside her.

“You almost gave me a heart attack,” she said, splashing him. “Race you across the lake?”

They swam through the cool, glassy water, laughing and splashing until they reached the other side. They pulled themselves out of the water, catching their breath on the grass. At that moment, Willy appeared from behind a tree, stopping suddenly in his tracks, naked.

“Oh my god,” Emily said, throwing her arms over herself. “Willy? What the hell are you doing here?”

Willy covered himself quickly, blushing. “Me? What are you doing here?”

“What the hell does it look like?”

“Are you spying on me?” Will accused.

“Spying?” Clint raised an eyebrow. “Why the hell would we spy on you?”

“Because.” Willy hesitated. “I don’t do this often. Don’t tell anyone.”

“Oh my god,” Emily muttered. “There are children here.”

“Look who’s talking.” Willy grumbled.

“This never happened,” Emily shot at him.

Willy nodded. “Fine with me.” He took a step backwards, followed by another, until he was able to scoot behind a tree and out of sight.

“No peeking, Willy!” Emily shouted in his direction. She pulled Clint up behind her and they dove back into the water, swimming back across to gather their clothes.

“That’s a sight I’ll never get out of my head,” Clint said as he pulled on his pants. “This is why I don’t do adventures.”

Emily giggled and kissed him. “See ya tomorrow, Cowboy.”

Pudassassin and Minimanta like this.
                  • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Where should we send in the request? As a PM or just here? I have an awesome one based on my sister's birthdayX3
                    My birthday would be cool too, but I definitely need to see the other one put into a short story!

I've been having a lot of fun imagining the different scenarios based on my and my relatives' birthdays and a few random.org ones too. This is a very interesting concept! :D

• Skyloft-Farm

Sure! Post the request right here! That was something I was doing on Tumblr, where a few of the prompts came from, so I figured I'd share to the next few prompts I posted made sense at least haha. But I'll definitely take any requests, especially from the list (it's turned out to be pretty entertaining haha). :)

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

All right then. Well my sister's birthday is the 3rd of december, so that's Caroline breaking into JojaMart xD
                        And for the emoji I'm gonna go with B6, which is.. A sad face, I think?

• Skyloft-Farm

omg hahaha all right ill work on that and post it tonight!! ^_^

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Defintiely looking forward to that. I had a good laugh at the idea of that scenario xD

• Skyloft-Farm

Had a rough week but u promise your request will be posted this weekend if not tonight!

In the mean time, I had submitted a prompt to a prompt contest on Tumblr a couple weeks back so I figured I'd share it here, too. Feel free to vote for the prompt here: http://skyloft-farm.tumblr.com/post/149799229689/prompt-contest-from-skyloft-farm-using-one-of-my

You might need to have an account to vote? Idk. All you have to do is like it I guess. But here's the prompt as well for someone's enjoyment :)

“I really don’t know why you want to draw me,” Pip said sheepishly, blushing.

“Because,” Leah said. She glanced at Pip, narrowed her eyes, then returned to her sketchbook. “You have the most amazing features. You’re beautiful.”

Pip’s eyes rolled in an attempt to hide the deepening blush. “I don’t think so. Everyone here thinks I’m weird.”

Leah bit her lip as she drew and shook her head. “They don’t think you’re weird. They’ve just never seen anyone like you before.” Leah met Pip’s gaze and smiled warmly. “I think they’re all intimidated by your beauty.”

“I’m a purple fairy, Leah,” Pip muttered. “They think I’m a freak.”

Leah handed the sketchbook to Pip, then leaned back in her chair and sipped from her wine.

Pip admired the picture on the page. Leah was truly talented. She had a way with bringing a beauty to Pip on the page. If only Pip felt as beautiful as the image.

“This looks nothing like me,” Pip muttered.

Leah’s face fell. “You don’t like it?”

“No, no,” Pip stuttered. “I do. But you made me way too… pretty.”

“Do you even own a mirror?” Leah joked, pouring Pip another glass of wine and emptying the bottle.

Pip sipped from the glass and shrugged. “Good wine.”

Leah smiled. “Yeah, it’s one of my favorites.”

Pip looked out the window into the darkening forest. The rain felt softly on the new leaves on the trees. It was calming. Pip felt at ease with Leah.

“Let’s go to the saloon,” Leah said, getting to her feet.

“I don’t know,” Pip said, hesitant. “It’s probably really busy.”

“Oh, come on,” Leah said. “You can’t hide from everyone. Give them a chance to see you for who you really are.”

“You haven’t seen me drunk,” Pip pointed out. “We fairies are known for our… drinking habits.”

“Then you’ll fit right in with everyone,” Leah said, taking Pip’s hand. “Especially Pam and Shane.”

Pip made a face. “Shane scares me,” Pip whispered.

Leah laughed. “He’s harmless,” she assured Pip. “Just a big, drunk, grump.”

“Fine,” Pip muttered. “Just don’t ditch me there.”

Leah crossed her heart. “If you’re uncomfortable, we can leave.”

Pip nodded and sucked in a breath. “Okay, let’s go.”

Pip and Leah took their time walking to the saloon, enjoying the warm rain on their faces as they made their way out of the forest. The saloon was a warm glow in the darkening town, almost inviting. But Pip could hear loud laughter and music muffled in the night, growing suddenly louder as Leah opened the door, standing aside for Pip. The light from the saloon pooled around Pip and everyone turned to see who was entering.

Pip stood quietly in the doorway, blinking in the light, and quietly made their way inside, keeping close to the wall. Leah followed close behind and smiled.

“Hey, everyone.”

The patrons smiled and nodded to her in greeting. Gus greeted Pip by name as Pip followed Leah to a table, stumbling awkwardly in the process.

“See? That wasn’t so bad,” Leah said to Pip.

Pip cringed. “They all just stared at me.”

“Well, you did manage to make a grand entrance,” Leah joked.

“I’ve never been a good fairy.”

Leah laughed. “Have a drink,” she said. “On me. Loosen up.”

“I have a feeling I’m going to regret this in the morning,” Pip said, taking a beer from Gus. Leah raised her beer to Pip’s in a toast, and they drank.

Pudassassin likes this.
                              • Skyloft-Farm

but sam is just a little baby not my cutie sam

Okay but really in my mind he’s like, the baby of the bachelors, maybe just under 21, so I’m going to base this off of that.

—–

Sam leaned against his pool stick, watching as Sebastian took his turn. He sipped at his JoJa Cola, bored, and sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Abigail asked, bending over the table to take aim.

“Bored,” he said.

“Me too,” Sebastian muttered.

Abigail hit her target and watched the balls scatter. She stood and crossed her arms. “What do you wanna do?”

Sam eyed the bar carefully. “Go buy me a drink.”

“Buy yourself a drink,” Sebastian said as he took his turn, taking aim.

“No. I want beer.”

Sebastian’s arm slipped and the beers drifted lazily across the table. “Beer?”

Abigail raised an eyebrow. “Good luck with that. Everyone knows you’re the baby.”

“I’m just a couple months shy. Come on. Buy me a beer. Everyone else gets to drink.”

“It would be entertaining to watch his lightweight ass fall all over the place,” Sebastian said.

“That’s so immature,” Abigail said, rolling her eyes.

Sebastian smirked as he made his way to the bar. Gus raised an eyebrow at Sebastian.

“You want a beer?” he asked skeptically.

“Yes.” Sebastian hesitated. “Please.”

Gus handed him the beer, his eyes still on him, studying him. Sebastian raised the beer in thanks. Gus shrugged and turned away, busying himself with the other orders.

“Bottoms up,” Sebastian said, handing Sam the beer.

Sam peered into the mug and sniffed it.

“Just drink it,” Sebastian growled.

Sam shrugged and took a careful sip. He wrinkled his nose as the liquid hit his lips.

“Oh my Yoba,” Abigail said. “At least drink it like a man.” She pushed passed Sebastian and took the beer from Sam. “Like this.” She finished the beer quickly and handed Sam the empty mug.

Sebastian laughed. “Come on, Sam, don’t let Abigail out drink you.”

Sam rolled his eyes. “She doesn’t stand a chance.”

Sebastian made his way back to the bar, returning with two more. “My money’s on Abigail,” he said as he handed them the mugs.

Abigail and Sam tapped their mugs together.

“Last one to finish buys the next one,” Abigail challenged Sam.

Sam sucked in a breath and started drinking.

—–

“The key to pool,” Sam said, stumbling over his own pool stick. He bent over the table, taking aim, one eye closed. “Is to calculate -” He hiccuped. “- the angles.”

“I mean, yeah, if you’re a math genius,” Sebastian said.

Abigail giggled from the corner as Sam attempted a shot, missing the ball completely and falling on top of the table. He stood, leaning on his pool stick.

“No, guys, listen,” he said, waiving his hand, dismissing their laughter. “I can see it. It’s all right there. It’s all in the angles.” He bent down again, sloppily hitting a solid ball. He cheered loudly as it bounced off the table and onto the floor.

“Wait, wait,” Abigail said, picking up the ball. “Sam’s already drunk. How many was that?”

Sebastian counted the empties beside him on the table. “One… two… yup. Three.”

“See?” Sam slurred, sitting on the couch. “I’m not a light weight.”

Abigail sat beside Sam, letting her arm rest across his shoulders. “Sam,” she said kindly. “I’m on number five, dude.”

He waved his hand at her. “Ah. I can drink more.” Sam stood and made his way to the bar.

“Uh, Sam!” Abigail called after him, but he ignored her.

He leaned against the counter, waiting to catch Gus’s attention. When he did, he nodded abruptly, as if to signal for another drink.

“Sam? What do you need?”

“Beer me, Gus.”

“Sam, you’re not old enough to drink. I can’t sell you beer.”

“Gus, Gus, Gus. Listen, Gus.” He motioned Gus to lean in closer. “Just between you and me, huh?”

“Sam, have you been drinking?”

Sam shrugged. “Gus, c’mon, Gus. Gus, Gus, Gus. I gotta prove that I’m not a light weight, Gus, yanno?”

“So, Sebastian and Abigail were buying for you, huh?”

“Gus, be quiet! No one can know, okay? Just you Gus. We’re pals, Gus. Right, Gussy-Gus?”

“Yeah. You’re done, kid.”

“Gus, don’t tell my dad, Gus. He’ll kill me, Gus.” Sam stretched out across the counter. “Don’t tell anyone, Gus,” he whispered loudly.

He was jerked up suddenly by the collar of his shirt.

“Gus,” he whined. “I told you not to tell!”

“Are you asking for trouble, boy?” Kent’s voice growled from behind him.

“No, sir, no, no.” Sam hesitated, searching for Sebastian and Abigail, but they were already gone. “Seb did it, man. Seb did it.”

Kent pushed his son across the bar. “Get home before I kick your ass.”

Sam stumbled forward, than looked over his shoulder. “Are you coming, too?”

Kent smiled at his son. “No, kid. I’m gonna sit here and drink because I can.”

Sam hesitated. “What if I get lost?”

“Well, hopefully the Shadow People don’t find you.”

Sam fumbled with the door, falling down the steps and into the night. Across the road, Sebastian and Abigail stood huddled together, giggling at his expense.

“You guys suck,” Sam shouted to them.

“I’ll say something nice at your funeral!” Abigail called over her shoulder before she disappeared into the night.

Sebastian made his was to Sam, helping him to his feet. “C’mon, man. Time to go home.”

“I love you, Seb. You’re the best, man.”

“I love you too, Sam.”

• ApertureGaming011

ApertureGaming011 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it okay if I request a short from you here?

Skyloft-Farm likes this.
                                  • Skyloft-Farm

I may have gone overboard with this but it was fun :rofl:

Caroline waited outside the saloon with her arms crossed, careful to keep quiet in the shadows until Shane made his way over. He nodded in her direction absentmindedly, stopping in his tracks when she hissed through the dark.

"I hear you have a stash," Caroline said quietly.

Shane's eyes darted back and forth nervously. "A stash?"

Caroline nodded. "JoJa Mart's specialty frozen pizza."

Shane's posture relaxed and he raised an eyebrow. "What do you want with my pizza?"

Caroline narrowed her eyes. "I want pizza, okay? I'm female, we get cravings, and I need pizza, and I need Pierre not to know about it. You get me?"

Shane smiled and shook his head. "Sorry, I'm not sharing."

Caroline emerged from the shadows, her face twisted in a threatening glance. "Don't toy with me, Shane. Share the damn pizza or I'll tell everyone you dance to the Frozen soundtrack in your underwear by the lake."

Shane's grin grew as he opened the door to the saloon. "That song speaks to me."

"Shane!"

Shane rolled his eyes. "JoJa Mart. Back room."

"JoJa Mart? That place is closed and boarded up."

Shane smiled, shrugged, and closed the door behind him.

Caroline mumbled to herself, cursing under her breath. She looked toward the abandoned store, dark in the night. Frustrated, she started to stomp off towards home, but hesitated. She looked over her shoulder and bit her lower lip. Her eyes scanned the town quickly, and when she saw that no one was around, she darted behind the saloon, keeping north of the town and toward JoJa Mart.

She stood outside the boarded up doors and looked up at the building, her hands on her hips. How in the hell was she supposed to get in there? There had to be some way that Shane was sneaking in... she just had to find it.

She walked carefully around the building, inspecting every nook and cranny until she reached the back side, just out of view from the town where her answer waited for her. A boarded up window had been busted in just enough for a person to climb through. Her heart pounded in her ears as she shimmied her way inside the dark building.

Caroline stood for a moment as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. She could just barely make out the back of the store. The high shelves stood tall and empty, collecting dust. She made her way through the store carefully, running her hands along the wall until she reached a door. She twisted the knob and the door opened, but she could hardly see a thing. She moved into the room, stumbling over an old office chair, and cursed loudly. She picked herself up, dusted off her dress, and made her way out of the office and back into the store.

She continued to follow the wall until she finally reached another door. She pushed it open anxiously and continued to follow the wall, stepping over torn boxes. Her hands left the warmth of the wall and touched a cold, metal surface. The freezer. She fumbled with the door excitedly until it swung open, but she was not greeted by the cold air she had expected. Of course the freezer wouldn't be running any more.

"Shane," she grumbled into the darkness. He had lied to her. He took all the pizza and was hiding it from her.

Giving up, she turned back towards the freezer door, but something caught her attention. A strange humming sound, coming from just outside the freezer. She followed the sound until she got to the corner of the room, where a white fridge stood, humming, plugged into the wall. Shane.

She opened the door and light pooled into the room. She blinked into the light as her eyes adjusted. They widened as she scanned the contents of the fridge. Boxes and boxes of pizzas were crammed into the fridge, calling to her. She eagerly grabbed at a box, decided to take a second, shoved them under her arms, and hurried out of the building.

She quietly made her way through the house, careful to move quickly until she reached the kitchen. She started the oven and through the two pizzas inside. She waited impatiently the fifteen minutes as instructed, glancing out the window every few seconds, waiting for her husband to show up.

The oven's buzzer went off loudly. Caroline jumped to her feet, turning off the oven and removing the pizza. She cut eight large slices quickly before sliding the entire pizza onto a large plate and hurrying into her bedroom, closing the door behind her. She sat cross legged on the bed with the hot pizza before her, her mouth watering. The cheese melted off, dropping to the plate as she lifted it to her mouth. She smiled, her craving satisfied. But her smile disappeared quickly as the bedroom door open.

Pierre stood in the doorway, gawking at his wife.

"It's not what it looks like," Caroline said quickly, her mouth full of pizza.

Pierre hesitated. "What does it look like?"

Caroline let the pizza fall onto the plate and started to cry. "I broke into JoJa Mart and stole pizza," she said through her tears.

Pierre sat beside her on the bed and took her hands in his. "Is there pepperoni?" he asked.

Caroline smiled and nodded sheepishly. "Of course," she said. "On top of the stove."

• Skyloft-Farm

Yes! Request away :)

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Caroline breaking into the abandon mart is sure to be funny short with unexpected ending!