RELEASED Shorts for Ladies - Updated 30/03

Discussion in 'Player' started by Meevers, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Shorts for Ladies
    [​IMG]

Vanilla face available:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made this mod as just a personal thing. So I could switch between Alex_01's skirts and my shorts whenever I felt like it. Therefore, I don't really see myself doing a male version of this mod, unfortunately. However, I thought I would post this seen as a few of you might want the option of shorts rather than pants or a skirt.

If you personally would like to edit this mod to fit the male farmer base, then you have my permission to do so.

The base body I used is by RuneNL so credit goes to them for that. I have edited it (got rid of the breasts (sorry)) and fixed/changed a couple animations that I personally wasn't a fan of. I also added the vanilla sleeves and bikini back in, minus the sandals. The shorts are fully done and matched to animations by me (using the vanilla pants to help me out a lil bit :)). Also yes, you will have a rounded face if you use this mod. I will try to add a vanilla face version soon. - Vanilla face added!

UPDATE 30/03/16: I edited the crotch area, made the shorts more compatible with light and bright colours, edited shading slightly, fixed a stray pixel and updated all pictures.

Installation:
    Navigate to your Stardew Valley installation folder and place the file into Content/Characters/Farmer - make sure to make a backup of your original farmer_girl_base.xnb

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/rjiqtnsdk5l2v4t/Shorts+for+Ladies.rar

Vanilla face version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tj9g676f3vx2tux/Shorts+for+Ladies+-+Vanilla.rar

Or you can download via the Nexus

Currently working on:
    -Editing the colours slightly so they support light coloured shorts a bit better - DONE
    -Perhaps adding a shorter version, around 1 pixel shorter.

The hairstyles pictured are my personal edits of others mods: The first two are edits of the 2nd and 9th hairstyle seen on the More Hair mod by Pencilstab and the third is a personal edit of Leah's hairstyle. The last is a slight edit of the DanganRonpa Female Hair by ZeiaZeh (I didn't like how it fit onto my head originally). I will likely not release these, seen as they are simply personal edits of hairstyles that are not fully made by me. Shirt by RuneNL, slightly edited by me.

Enjoy~

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
      teeLcee, HiHaHi123, Miratane and 10 others like this.
    • Nightscaled

Nightscaled Tentacle Wrangler

THANK YOU!!!!! I just posted a request for this last night!! I tried editing this myself but failed hardcore aaaaaaaaaaa /DOWNLOADS SO FAST OMG

Meevers likes this.
      • panisping

panisping Big Damn Hero

Thanks. I tried to find shorts because I have a problem with skirt. :laugh::)
        Oh..I'll wait vanilla face version.<3

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
        • Meevers

Added~

panisping likes this.
          • panisping

panisping Big Damn Hero

Thank you very much. I love you. X3

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
            • RuneNL

RuneNL Subatomic Cosmonaut

Glad you started a mod based on your previous work. No sorries needed, the way I designed my version was to fit what I created and so did you.

I know how much work it is. Looking good.

P.s. Its RuneNL (not LL ;))

• Meevers

Whoops, fixed that! I couldn't type, have had to fix a bunch of errors since re-reading haha!

Thank you though, I appreciate it. :)

• viovasvi

viovasvi Subatomic Cosmonaut

only for female characters? i want shorts on my bro-farmer, he's getting hot in his overalls during the summer month :p

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I've been fiddling in my own farmer_girl_base.xnb file to make the skirt I have a bit better (more fluffy and less shading) and I have to say, what you've done here is impressive. So much work and your shorts look great in the animations.

Meevers likes this.
                    • Meevers

Thank you so much. :> It took me a lot of tweaking and looking at animations in game to get it to a stage I was happy with.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                      • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Good work, friend. Say, between you and me, maybe there's a "short shorts" version on the way?

• Meevers

I'm going to work on the colours a little today so the outline isn't as harsh. But I may consider making them 1 pixel shorter for another option in the future also. :>

Gabaw likes this.
                          • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I was looking for something to change up basically how the female looks like a male.
                            I'm not a fan of skirts or dresses, thank you for making a shorts option!
                            Now to stalk..

Meevers likes this.
                            • lilyeverlasting

lilyeverlasting Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for this!

• taffybeans

taffybeans Poptop Tamer

i'd love to have that slightly edited shirt on the last pic

• Meevers

I won't be releasing any of my edits of other mods, sorry! The work isn't entirely mine I've just edited them to fit my personal tastes, so I don't feel comfortable releasing them for download.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
                                  • pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks so much, this looks great on my farmer! :D

• frifrifurretbell

frifrifurretbell Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much!!!! I've been trying to do this myself but... I'm not very good with pixel art. Awesome job!!! Thank you so very much again!~~ :3

• Kamichan

Kamichan Space Hobo

Hello dear! Thanks for a great mod. I have a request tho. The hairstyle you edited yourself #2, is the exact style I m looking for as... I look the same irl xD with a slight change of colour I will have faster access to the thing I want :) Would you consider posting this particular one for me? :3

• marabri

marabri Space Hobo

thank you for all of your hard work on this!!! it looks so much more comfy than the regular pants.