Modding Discussion shorter female farmer

Discussion in 'Mods' started by littlestar73, Apr 9, 2016.

1. littlestar73

littlestar73 Tentacle Wrangler

would it be possible for someone to make the farmers sprite smaller i dont like how she is larger then the male bachelors, it would be nice to have her the same height as penny or abigail
    please and thank you

• bitesizedboy

bitesizedboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree, and it'd also be nice if the male farmer sprite was smaller as well :D

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes please! I'd love to have the PC be close to the height of the other girls :)

• sheeppoops

sheeppoops Astral Cartographer

same omg

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Cant be done, a lot of the drawing is hardcoded and relies on the farmer being the exact height it is, people already tried, it just doesnt work >_<

• littlestar73

littlestar73 Tentacle Wrangler

aww well thanks for telling us :/

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

It may be possible.

The female player is already shorter than the male player, and when you swap gender in Jinxie and I's mod we change the height offset on the FarmerRenderer accordingly.
                Code:
                farmer.FarmerRenderer.heightOffset = farmer.isMale ? 0 : 4;
                Might be able to experiment further with the offset. Of course, you'd need to make a smaller character base file as well.

XaviiKinz likes this.
                • Nivea

Nivea Starship Captain

If its not possible to change up the scale of the player, maybe instead you could scale up the NPC? You can with your animals and I do see a <scale>1</scale> in the save file for NPC (example from Sam):
                  <NPC><name>Sam</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>true</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><scale>1</scale>