REQUEST Shorter farmers?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Sakuramei, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Sakuramei

Sakuramei Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe it's just me, but I hate how my female farmer seems to tower over all the other bachelorettes. Even though I married one of the guys, there are times where she seems like she could be taller and I'd love if there was a mod to make her the same height as Abigail or one of the other girls on the shorter side.

• Sakuramei

Giving a bump up <3

• Tsukuru

Tsukuru Big Damn Hero

I'll do my best to give you a reply here, but I am neither an experienced pixel artist nor any other kind of modder.
        I've wanted this for a while as well and tried to work on it myself, but I quickly found out just how much work would need to be done for it to look decent.
        You can give your female farmer skinnier legs, for example, by editing the female farmer sprite sheet only (even though it's quite big).
        If you want to change the height, though, you're going to need to also alter the hairs file, the shirts file, the accessories file, etc. to accommodate for a shorter height. This isn't as much of a hassle as it sounds in most cases, but it would be done at the expense of the male farmer having out of place assets unless he is also shortened a bit, in which case you also have to edit his big sprite sheet.
        That said, I'm sure there's someone with more tenacity than me working on making this a reality. It'll be coming eventually.

• Sakuramei

I figured it could probably take a bit sadly due to those reasons :( But even just a "hey, I'll try it out" is always nice too. I'm not too bad with sprite work, but I don't really understand how all the files work (and how to save certain things as said files) to really play around with it myself.

As for the character issue, there is always the option to work on just one gender for now and then work on the other--I don't know if too many people would feel the need for both farmers to have the shorter variant.

littlestar73 likes this.