Modding Help shirts.xnb not working and can't extract it?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lithops, Jul 4, 2020.

1. lithops

lithops Aquatic Astronaut

I'm confused, I haven't played Stardew Valley for quite some time and decided to reinstall and add my old hairstyles and shirts to the game. The hairstyles work fine but the shirts are a mess, they're just coloured blobs in-game and I don't understand why.

I've included my old shirts.xnb in a zip file here, hopefully someone can help me understand why it isn't working. I can't even extract it with the xnb exporter anymore.

Attached Files:

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Stardew Valley updated and overhauled the clothing system; clothes are items now and use a format that we don't have repackers for and which requires XNBHack to unpack.

All pre-1.4 shirt mods are broken; you need Content Patcher to change existing shirts now, or JsonAssets to add new ones.

• lithops

So what exactly do I need to do to make my shirts work again? Run them through a content patcher or will I have to re-do it from scratch?

EDIT: So I downloaded content patcher but the instructions aren't very clear..I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but I'm really not sure what to do with it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
        • cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

You can use Content Patcher to replace the current starter shirts, or JsonAssets to add them to the game ALONG with the current in game shirts. To use JsonAssets to load them into the game is much more of a pain in the butt than just replacing the current in game shirts (because you have to do all these folders/files and they will be sold in shops, and won't be available when creating a farmer)

Here is a simple Content Patcher Conversion of your shirts.xnb, it replaces default starter shirts. Whether you use it or not is completely up to you, I won't be butt hurt ^^

Attached Files:

• lithops

Oh wow, thank you so much! They work perfectly, even when creating a new farmer. I'm still really confused about the new system so your help is much appreciated. I suppose it's not the right thread to ask in, but I don't suppose there is a way to change clothes for free with the content patcher? I remember that there used to be a dressing mod, you'd just click 'C' and a window would pop up.

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

Yeah sadly the only one left is Get Glam but it doesn't work on adding clothes anymore =/ (I can't say how it works with the CP conversion I provided, I'm still SUPER new to GetGlam). PPJA has converted some of the popular shirt mods into JsonAssets already if you would like to see an example of how it has to be done now, but I warn you it looks a lot more intimidating than it used to ^^"

EDIT: PPJA said you can spawn the shirts in using CJB Item Spawner, so there is a free and somewhat easy way to get the shirts haha. Apparently its the only way unless you edit a shop to carry your shirts/use one of their mods with Tailor Mouse

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
              • Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think Customize Anywhere also works and lets you have access to all shirts?