1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Shipyard Rebuilt - now with farming dome, warehouse 200 crew limit 4.00

Customizable shipworld w/all "T9" vanilla ships, larger fuel tanks, giant ship yard, 200 crew, cake

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The Soma is a viable candidate.
    1. Unique
    2. I personally like the look and would want it there
    3. Open permissions (otherwise I'd need expressed permissions and probably wouldn't bother)

There are others on my list too.

I might end up making the shipyard wider(another vertical row of bays) if I get to the point of needing more. I want to keep the central bays clear of ships - this is prime building space.

It is a bit involved adding stuff. MUCH worse because vanilla ships share color mappings across species. That made making this mod a whole lot more difficult and makes adding new ships harder.

I have to swap the color mapping for every tier of every ship I add. I need unique mappings for each unique combination of foreground, background, and object. An object with multiple configurations (say one ship locker with something in it, and another without) needs multiple mappings. This is why I already have a massive blockKey file.

Then there is orienting the images in the structure file - easy by comparison.

2. summer colors

summer colors Aquatic Astronaut

well then, i guess the next question is just, when could i expect it? i mean, if it's a possible candidate i guess you just need a day where you're willing and ready to do it?

3. hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

I was wondering if there could possibly be a way to set up the mod so that certain bays could read modded ships dropped into specific subfolders in your mod, and add them to the shipyard that way, so you wouldn't have to worry about adding the ships yourself, or about permissions for ships (cause each user would be choosing which modded ships to add).

It might be an idea that would require too much coding, though.....

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Well check out the link to the workshop, and read some of the recent messages. I get into the specifics of this. It might be semi-possible only by completely re-inventing the wheel... err how shipworlds work anyhow.

It "might" happen eventually, but the groundwork isn't laid yet. The standard way ships work makes dynamic ships a near impossibility. But I do like breaking through limitations where possible. If I ever get this to work - and it would be a huge amount of work mind you - don't expect it soon anyhow... very possibly never.

But then again, they might change how ships work in the next update? Even I'm kinda in the dark here. I'd hate to put too much work into an obsolete way of doing things!

In any case I do have more ships to add, and better support for mod pets to add. Just need to get around to it. I'm sort of working on too many different projects and updates ATM. My time management is terrible too(I'm ADD :p ) so be patient with me. Good things are coming.

hwayunhae likes this.
  5. CaptainKyros

CaptainKyros Scruffy Nerf-Herder

has any work been done on this mod?

6. Sweetanubis

Sweetanubis Space Hobo

Can we get the red eel added to the shipyard? i'm currently building my own ship from scratch using FCSR but i just cant seem to get the same beauty that the red eel has....

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Could you link me to what you're asking about?

8. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

I'm confused as to what this mod actually does. Is it a utility for importing custom ships? Do I just go to some hangar in game and edit layouts to my liking? In game, do I just pick any ship layout I want?

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The ship layout is static. The ships are really their own world. The blockImage and blockKey control what blocks/objects get placed where. And the .structure file adds a few images for illusion so you aren't colliding with invisible walls. I remapped all the colors/keys so that all the race's "ships" are present within an editable shipyard. Effectively this is one really big ship, and can be expanded up to 4096 x 4096.

10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated Shipyard Rebuilt - now with farming dome, warehouse 200 crew limit with a new update entry:

Delete old version and read update notes

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. qinlongfei

qinlongfei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The newest version gives access error even without any other mods and starting from a brand new character/universe. The older (less vanilla) version (2016 November I think?) can run without problem ironically.

Hope you comes back and make update.

12. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

It shouldn't cause that! I doesn't for me. Could you replicate this (apparently by using the newest version) and then attaching your logs?
    \starbound\storage\starbound.log
    You can use the big "Upload a File" button below, or paste the contents using the insert.../code button above.

I don't know for fact that this would help, but it might provide a clue. Access errors though happen on the engine side, but maybe something prior can help.

13. qinlongfei

Tried again with 64x Starbound with no mod except the current version of Shipyard Rebuilt, and deleted my entire storage so it should be a new character and a new universe. Error message as soon as I click my exe shortcut.

I attached both my starbound.log, and the printscreen of the error message. Hope it helps you to figure out what might be the problem.

Attached Files:

14. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Code:
    Caused by: (StarException) Asset source 'Ship Yard Rebuilt' is missing dependency 'bk3k_blocks_and_objects'
    It is exactly as it says! And as it says in this mod's description -

15. qinlongfei

Ah, totally missed that part of the description since I thought it was the old mod requirement from last version. Sorry about that.

16. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

It is still true. The prerequisite mod holds all the actual assets used. This setup allows servers to support the Shipyard mod and Vepr Ship mod users by simply loading the prerequisite mod. Thus the ships aren't forced upon anyone, but are supported all the same.

17. qinlongfei

Not sure if it's something I did wrong, but seems like the mod require an update with newer version of Fracking Universe because BYOS option definitely take precedent now. And even if I choose to use vanilla ship, it direct me back to the vanilla ship world instead of the Shipyard Rebuild shipworld.

18. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I just tested a new character. They've made it harder to get to the Outpost in FU. Anyhow it doesn't bring up the FYOS option at all with this mod (as it shouldn't). Some files must have gotten messed up/moved/etc on your end. Remove this mod then reinstall it.

Although I might want to check - do you have this mod manually loaded - but FU installed from the workshop? Because in that case I can no longer control load order. The workshop mods always load after \mods\ does. If that's the case, remove the manual install of this and just sub to this on the workshop.