1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Shipyard Rebuilt - now with farming dome, warehouse 200 crew limit 4.00

Customizable shipworld w/all "T9" vanilla ships, larger fuel tanks, giant ship yard, 200 crew, cake

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The description is outdated. The download link isn't currently leading to dropbox because it doesn't need to.

There's currently only one current version. For now anyhow.

No shipyard download because you don't need it anymore. Starbound handles this better now. After deleting your shipworld(get your stuff off first!) and logging into your character, Starbound will respawn the shipworld... and with this mod you'd get a shipyard. And it will be at the appropriate upgrade level already(was not true before). So they made this less painful and thus removed the need for me to provide a substitute shipworld.

Also they increased the max size (hosted here) to 10MB so my mod fits now. So I really don't have a need to use the dropbox currently.

2. aradiddles

aradiddles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great mod, I love it! I can now spend a lot of time on my ship and not feel cramped. I was curious if you're going to eventually port Tier 10 (from 9) into this, though? :O Or race mod stuff like avali! Apologies if this constitutes to some pressure on you; that's definitely not my intent--I am purely curious. Thank you so much for your work!

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

My port of T9 ships into this was more so from the original and T10 is from a fork of that which changed some things(last I looked at it). So I wouldn't directly port it, just emulate it if at all. I probably should at the very least just throw in a T10 for compatibility when someone might have a T10 ship already and wanted to change over.

I may do proper expansions of the ships but that's not a priority because it isn't like you need the room within the ships. T9 is plenty big for inter-ship space IMO. Especially with the shipyard you can outsource the storage and farming from within the ships to outside them (thus leaving more room for theme decorating etc) and as for needing more space than that... well you have a whole shipyard to do whatever you want. 2048 by 2048 blocks of space. So I just don't have much incentive to expand the ships themselves beyond their T9 levels.

I was thinking to put out a separate patch mod for custom races but then it is super-easy to add them by editing their own universe_server.config.patch to redirect to the shipyard. Maybe I should put a "how to" on the front page to cover that. As for making the patch mod, I have to
    1. Figure out what races are currently up to date.
    2. Find out their exact internal race name.
    So covering them all is no small feat actually. I can do a few to start and expand as people request. And there is one more consideration. Does that race have a custom ship already?

Thus we get to your Avali question. Now for adding ships like the Avali. I intend to add some mod ships like that - provided they are open permissions and I like them enough - I believe the Avali ship clears both conditions but I should double check the permissions. Given that this particular ship is a part of the race mod itself, I would probably also include their race in the main mod's universe_server.config.patch (such that they start on their own ship within the shipyard) rather than putting them in a separate patch mod.

aradiddles likes this.
  4. aradiddles

Thanks for the swift response! you're right; T9 ships on their own are plenty of room. I was just curious, because I rather liked the layout of the Avian ship in T10. A compatibility might be nice too! but it's neat that you put T9 in at least, the ships from there are real pretty. I can understand that, and thank you for explaining yourself-- I was curious why not, and this quite sufficiently answered my questions!

As for custom races, that's pretty neat. :O If I edited the universe_server config, how would that affect the ships? Because avali have cool ships that I was wondering if i could add in as well. I could help with figuring out which racemods are up to date; I keep up with them pretty often. Again, thank you a lot for the response!

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You can't add the Avali ship just by editing that one file. The purpose is to link different races at different upgrade levels to a specific .structure file. I'd need to add the avali's blocks in to the blockimages(probably needing to remap their colors to new colors) and blockkey, and also position the ship's associated images. Actually that's more work than you might suspect but doable. And if they have custom tiles as part of their ship will complicate matters a bit but that's okay. Realistically I'd have to include them too in the assets(to avoid errors from people who don't have the avali mod) - also the images. Of course if they aren't open permission then that's a no-go. I'll check it later anyhow.

If you know about the custom races and want to throw something together, that would be great. Something like listing active races(as much as you know of) but also list if they include a custom ship already. The ones without a custom ship I'd just do right away.

By "custom ship," I don't mean a recolored vanilla ship, but something really unique. Because I wouldn't want the patch mod to pull someone out of a custom ship. Rather I'd flag that as a possible candidate for inclusion in the shipyard properly. And I could EASILY add more bays if I started running low. But a race currently in a recolored human ship might just as well be in the human ship within the shipyard.

So a list like
    race - "stringName"
    hasShip - true or false
    If they don't have a custom ship, what ship best suits them out of the ships I have currently(your opinion).

No need to go crazy researching all that, just put together what you know. It will be helpful, but especially the exact string name of the race itself.

Also If you have any particular non-racial ships you'd like to see included - that's from an open permission mod - let me know and I'd be willing to consider it.

6. aradiddles

gotcha! i can do that research for you if you'd like me to. It doesn't seem too hard to at least research it, given that I keep up on races a lot because variety: fun. I'll get together a list for you sometime soon if that's cool! How should I send the .txt file of it over to you whenever it's done?

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

8. qinlongfei

qinlongfei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the explanation. I have to say I really enjoy this mod both for the additional ship upgrade, as well as the increase with crew size (especially since I'm using Fracking Universe and a bunch of additional race NPCs, collect crew from different races is just fun).

If I'm allowed to have one critic... is the glass tube in front of a ship's cockpit just look really immersion breaking. I kind of wish there's some more immerse way you can implement different ships and space station. For example, maybe add a teleporter to a higher level of starter ship and it brings the player to a teleportation hub where the player can access different ships. But since I don't understand anything about coding it might just be impossible. More of a minor grip than anything deal breaking.

Also, I notice I'm not getting upgrade per 2 crew recruited like vanilla. Is there still a legit (not buying the fake upgrade license) way to upgrade my ship?

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

A agree on the glass tubes. I hate them but I need something. So those are placeholders. I'm going to make proper docking objects to replace them and the new objects will seem as though they've been deployed from the ship, but when not deployed they will disappear into the ship and the ship will be solid all the way around. That will not only look cooler, but be more immersive as you say. They'll necessarily be one of the few indestructible objects.

I didn't realize on the upgrading so thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll look at how that's calculated. It might be that you have to max your crew count(LOL) to trigger the legitimate upgrade quests so I may need to edit that mechanic(hooking the function). I spend most my playtime testing my projects and don't tend to do things legitimately but I should sometimes for these reasons.

Until I fix it, yes go illegal or you can also do this if you want
    /admin
    /spawntreasure bk3k_shipUpgrades
    /admin

You'll get items that insta-upgrade the ship(even as you're on the ship). That's how I've tested the upgrading thus far.

As for the teleporter hub, yes those will be functional eventually. The regular ship teleporters present there are also placeholders. When I implement those, it will work probably a lot like the old blink techs but across large distances. Instant same-world teleport without the beam down animation etc. I'll probably trade out for custom teleporters to satisfy this need. And each teleporter in the hub links to a different bay. You'll be able to get from any bay to another in seconds(engine load time not withstanding).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated Shipyard Rebuilt - now with farming dome, warehouse 200 crew limit with a new update entry:

Now Compatible with MadTulip's ship mod! Easier server usage.

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated Shipyard Rebuilt - now with farming dome, warehouse 200 crew limit with a new update entry:

Fixed legal upgrades, T9 upgrading without admin

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

No conflicts with those. But your race mods would require the race support patches too, else they would not have a shipyard.

Also you'll need to regenerate your shipworld anyhow.
    1. Take your stuff off your ship.
    2. Delete your .shipworld file found in \starbound\storage\player\
    3. Open Starbound back up and log into your character... Starbound will generate a new ship(with the mod installed) thus you'll have a shipyard. It will have the upgrade level of your previous ship.

13. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Well it doesn't open up til T2(after getting fixed) so that you can't just raid all the supplies right off the bat... or perhaps you just can't dock without thrusters online. But zoom out and pan to the right of the captain's chair. Chances are you have a shipyard there.

14. darkslimus

darkslimus Intergalactic Tourist

Hi there,

I don't really understand how it works! So I have some questions

1/ I play Felin race with your patch but now my ship is human. Is there a way to keep the Felin style Ship ?
    2/ I'm T3 in my game, but my ship is not bigger, rooms stay the same as vanilla one. When I look on your screenshots I see the Apex ship have a bigger cockpit than the vanilla version
    [​IMG]
    I've tried to start a new apex character but the cockpit stay vanilla one, not the big one we can see above ...
    what I'm doing wrong ?
    3/ At the first load of the new shipworld I spawn out of my ship, fall on the floor under me and I lost my self in the Shipyard, my crew fall with me and now I unable to find them anymore. I was lost, I beam down on the planet and beam up to my ship, spawn at the teleporter this time, but my crew is definitively in exploration of the shipyard I mean ... I try to search them but it's too big and I can't find them, they are always in my crew in my list of crew members.
    4/ After visiting the shipyard I understand my ship will always stay inside his box, so what is the interest of the other boxes ? In the other screenshots you post we can see a lotof ships connected ... It's intended for multiplayer ?

I know it's a lot of questions but I really want to understand your mod, it look usefull if it do what I understand it must do : bigger ship for more space but after install it I'm no more sure of what it must do ...

Regards

15. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I haven't added the actual Felin ship, so that wouldn't be a part of the shipyard. To add it would mean adding it for everyone and adding ships is a bit of work anyhow since they might be using the same color mappings, I have to align them, I must include their asset or everyone not using that mod crashes, etc. Plus I can't just add anything and everything or you'd have no free bays in which to build!

The human ship is my lazy default because I didn't want to figure out the best ship for every mod race out there(and I think at this point I'm even missing a few). Out of the currently existing ships, does one better suit the Felins?

The cockpits you are comparing are from upgrades. The actual cockpits grow at a point too. That screen shot shows an apex in the Hylotl ship... because you can do that. Get more crew then visit Pete at the outpost. You need ship upgrade modules to upgrade. That's how you get a bigger ship same as vanilla.

The actual ship doesn't get larger til T4.
    T0: pre-reboot nothing works
    T1: rebooted SAIL, no thrusters, ship cockpit door broke, teleporter online
    T2: thrusters fixed, cockpit door fixed(and removable), shipyard accessible
    T3: FTL fixed
    T4: Ships get larger, larger fuel capacity
    T5+: ditto

As for the size and other concerns, a few of my other mods may help.
    World start modifier actually works on ships too. So you can choose a different ship to beam to/respawn.
    bk3k's More Powerful Techs can help to get around the shipyard much faster. They don't replace your existing techs and can be used with other tech mods.
    Additionally you could set up teleporters around. Eventually that's what the teleporter room is for but you could do so manually if you so choose.

--edit--I missed part of your post
    As for falling out, probably you where somewhere on the felin ship that wasn't part of the ship that generated([x, y] coordinate wise). But the floor caught you so no real foul there.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    darkslimus likes this.
  16. darkslimus

darkslimus Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for your answer,

So if i want the felin asset for my ship have you a tutorial to help me to do that? I have no modding experience but perhaps it's a good way to learn ...
    I take a look of your files and make for my personal use a Hylotl design cause it look nice, the human ship is very weird. I don't know what look the best, there is a addon to the race to set the avian ship so I think it's the best choice.

I'm make a mistake, I'm at the first upgrade (T4) and my two crew members are somewhere in the shipyard but i can't find them ! they have spawn outside with me me and I lost them ! but they are still here, I glow and in SAIL I can see them ...
    for the bigger cockpit so it would come with an other upgrade :)

If I understand my ship is in one bay, the other are here to make my personal base ... in the other screenshots we can see the entire shipyard with all the ship docked in, if I want to extend the shipyard, must I leave this occupied bay clean ?

I would take a look of your suggested mods. and sorry for all my questions, I like understand things ;)

Regards

17. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

It would probably be easier to outfit a ship with Felin objects etc. Just find the ship you want to start with, and set your spawn point there.

You can use any bay that doesn't have a ship in it already. That layout picture is a bit outdated as it doesn't have the farming dome, warehouse, etc. And technically you could use the bays with ships in them but I don't recommend it because the ships will expand. And those bays showing ships already have them

You can also build outside the bays themselves, demolish the shafts and hallways as you see fit, etc. You actually aren't very limited at all.

If you landed on top a floor in a bay like I think you did, your crew are around somewhere and probably near where you fell. The tech mod(allowing fast travel) would allow you to search faster. You can just tell them to follow you once you find them so you can bring them back.

18. summer colors

summer colors Aquatic Astronaut

so what's the word on adding an avali ship to the mod? if there were any tutorials i'd love to put in the work myself to do it, but if that's not available, do i just need to request that it be added? because i really dearly love the idea of three particular ships added to the bays. one in particular is the avali ship, as i love the avali, and i only use the avali, and love the avali ship, but not so much the vanilla ships. is there any way you could add a few ships for me, or show me how?

here are the other two ships that i would like added, but i can live without if you'd prefer:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738634548

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=746532608

(also it should be noted, i would be using these files between me and three other friends for a server)

19. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I was trying to get a more solid answer on the Avali reboot being alive or dead. I don't think the answer is entirely known to anyone. That author sort of comes and goes.

I do have solid plans to import the Vepr ship. As in it is already blockKey compatible(I made it that way when reviving it). Thus it is less work than most. But I also don't think I'm done tinkering with it quite yet. It could use... just a little more you know. More themed block types, a few themed objects.

I'd like to do the Avali extra ship too. But that DOES require including some of the assets with my own prerequisite mod (or non Avali users will have problems). Normally that wouldn't be a giant problem, but I don't want to do anything that could introduce incompatibility with the reboot. For example if the reboot uses the same "materialName" for a particular block, but a different "materialId", I don't think I could manage to smooth that over. You'd suddenly find your Avali blocks... are dirt!

I would be fine with the regular Avali ship too. It does look good. I think the "extra ship" scores more points on style, but the original has the upper hand where practical layout is concerned. It was when I posted in the Triage thread about which ship I should use (seeing if there was a clear preference in the community), that it was pointed out that I might want to wait on the reboot. And the reboot is supposed to have a new ship still.

That said, I'm pretty close to just assuming the reboot dead... or assuming that we won't see anything for so long that it isn't worth delaying further on.

20. summer colors

summer colors Aquatic Astronaut

well, assuming that the reboot is dead, then when can i expect those ships being added? also, as for the SOMA exploration ship, the other link i sent, would that work? the workshop has it for a whole bunch of different races, so if the avali one specifically doesn't work, we could always take the human one and use that instead to make sure no avali reboot changes would mess with the ship. after all the ship doesn't use any avali blocks anyways, not even the avali race version.