1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Shipyard Rebuilt - now with farming dome, warehouse 200 crew limit 4.00

Customizable shipworld w/all "T9" vanilla ships, larger fuel tanks, giant ship yard, 200 crew, cake

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k submitted a new mod:

Shipyard Rebuilt - You can have your cake and eat it too.

Read more about this mod...

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

If you are like me, you hate having to refuel after most every jump. I've solved that problem by letting you dump a ton of fuel all at once. As you upgrade your ships, they get larger fuel tanks. Obviously that just makes sense, right? Trips still take no more than 1000 fuel max, but they won't empty your fuel tank if you have larger ships. The T9 ships hold 65,000 fuel. This is true of all versions.

Once upon a time I was going to release a separate mod that accomplished this via patching. Turns out Starbound ignores patches to the vanilla .structure files... so you can only do this by completely replacing the file. Since this mod uses it's own .structure files, I figured I might as well include the fuel increase too.

This isn't a new feature release. I forgot to mention it initially! I just added it to the description where as before it wasn't there. I have to figure that's the sort of major improvement that should be mentioned.

3. InfiniteRemnant

InfiniteRemnant Subatomic Cosmonaut

Your download page implies you redesigned the stations structure, yet there are no pictures... why?

4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I'd also like to see some pictures as well.

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Mostly timing involving work and more work. Then didn't get around to it and more work.

I'll have them up soon.

6. FREEZER222

FREEZER222 Aquatic Astronaut

I cant find shipworld file.

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

That's because I hadn't added it yet. Recheck my dropbox. It should be there now.

Note that I haven't tested that method with recent Starbound versions. Do backup your whole "player" folder before you attempt it. If it doesn't work, tell me so at least I know.

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated Shipyard Rebuilt with a new update entry:

Added shipworld to dropbox

Read the rest of this update entry...

DarthTrethon likes this.
  9. ThatEmoGuy

ThatEmoGuy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, good job on the mod, but does it work with custom races like the Ningen Reboot mod?

10. carson3003

carson3003 Phantasmal Quasar

Would it be possible to make the fuel tank increase a standalone mod?

11. carson3003

Also this broke my last save

12. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

previously I tried to do so actually in a way that would work for vanilla ships and mod ships using vanilla .structure names. I tried this via the patch system. Starbound ignores the patch to these files! So that isn't possible. What is possible is to make a mod that adds this to vanilla ships... and would likely break most mod ships.

To get around that, you'd need to release a vanilla version and a different version for most every ship mod out there. I don't know why Starbound deliberately ignores patches to these files, but whatever the reason it takes what should be simple and makes it becomes very impractical as a result.

So you see why I didn't release anything like that. It is best handled natively by any ship mods themselves. They need only do what I did. It is a VERY simple edit but you actually need to replace the .structure files(which most any ship mod is doing anyhow) instead of simply patching them.

Now assuming you are using a different ship mod, here's what you do to make this happen.
    1. Install notepad++ to make everything easier for basically all purposes. This is far superior to notepad as included in Windows.
    2. Go into the mod. If the mod is in the form of a .modpak then you will need to unpack it first(which is why I hate modpaks). Then put that folder in your mod folder instead of the modpak.
    3. Go into ships\(desired race here)\
    4. Edit the file you want to change - lets say (whatever mod)\ships\apex\apext4.structure by right clicking that file, and left clicking on "edit with notepad++"
    5. You'll see something like this
    Code:
    {
      "config" : {
      "shipUpgrades" : {
      "capabilities" : ["teleport", "planetTravel", "systemTravel"],
      "maxFuel" : 1000
      }
      },

"backgroundOverlays" : [
      {
      "image" : "apexT4.png",
      "position" : [-4, 9],
      "fullbright" : true
      },
      {
      "image" : "apexT4lit.png",
      "position" : [-4, 9]
      }
      ],

"blockKey" : "blockKey.config:blockKey",
      "blockImage" : "apexT4blocks.png"
    }
    All you need is line 5 - "maxfuel" : 1000 Change the value to whatever fuel value you like, then save. Make sure you leave all your quotations and commas in place as you found them or you'll likely get a syntax error.
    6. You WILL need to edit every .structure file for every race you want to play as. I started on t4 as that is the first one where the ship actually gets larger. But you could easily have a larger fuel capacity for all tiers if you want just by changing the maximum.

Now this is exactly why I state multiple times to back up your saves - as do most mod authors. I'm still willing to help you out of this, but I'm gonna need a lot more information than "this broke." Also go through and read everything I wrote as you may well already have your answer. You may have done something I warned against, but I still might be able to help you if I know more.

Tell me in what way is your save broken. Character won't load? Eternally falling in shipworld? Etc. What's your exact issue?
    Tell me what you where doing previously. For example "I was using the PBR ship" etc, "I tried to upgrade my ship," etc etc. Anything like that. Too much info is far better than too little.

It could pretty easily. I just haven't patched any custom races in quite yet. It is on my toDo list. I believe you could fix this by going into that mod's universe_server.config.patch file and redirecting to the racial ship you want to start on. For example(this will directly work for the ningen race)
    change
    Code:
    [
       { "op" : "add"
       ,"path" : "/speciesShips/ningen"
       ,"value" : [ "/ships/ningen/ningent0.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningent1.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningenT2.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningenT3.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningenT4.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningenT5.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningenT6.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningenT7.structure", "/ships/ningen/ningenT8.structure" ]
       }
    ]

to
    Code:
    [
       { "op" : "add"
       ,"path" : "/speciesShips/ningen"
       ,"value" : [ "/ships/hylotl/sr_t0.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_t1.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_T2.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_T3.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_T4.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_T5.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_T6.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_T7.structure", "/ships/hylotl/sr_T8.structure" ]
       }
    ]

I chose the hylotl as the ningen seem to be using a recolored hylotl ship already. But you could change to any other race by taking what I gave you and just swapping racial names. Notepad++ has a replace text feature (built into the standard search function) that makes this effortless. The same basic concept applies to attaching any mod ship to any custom race.

Like I say, I'll probably get around to throwing up patches for many races so you don't have to edit the racial mod files themselves. Fortunately it isn't very difficult - but perhaps a bit monotonous - to create a ton of patch files.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  13. carson3003

I upgraded my ship and I fell eternally into my shipworld, the beam down button was disabled, and everything I had put into my ship also fell eternally into my shipworld. I could not recover any of it.

14. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Now that's odd. The beam down button should not be disabled. That should have been enabled from when you where T1(after reboot). You do have to select to enable it from sail, but I can't image you got far enough to upgrade it again without having this.

I'd like to know how you got to this point. What ship where you using prior? Vanilla ship? Mod ship? Did this happen upon upgrading, or just upon installing the mod?
    In any case this mod is best for new characters. Otherwise you want to use the shipworld from my dropbox.

As for recovering, here's what you're going to do.
    1. Type in(just like you would speak)
    Code:
    /admin
    /aicommand enableTeleporter
    /admin

2. Beam down and back up.

If that doesn't enable your teleporter, you might just do this

Code:
    /suicide
    /admin
    /spawnitem money (whatever amount you lost by dying)
    /admin

Note that you can't suicide(or die at all) with admin turned on.

Either way once you are back on your ship, take what you can from it and throw it planetside, then use the .shipworld I provided as per the directions on the front page. You should have a fully functioning ship(yard).

Let me know how it goes for you, or if you need additional help fixing this.

15. carson3003

I was using a vanilla ship, and upgraded to t2 before this happened.

16. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Coming "soon" for next version(assuming I don't add more).

I made my own doors with their own style. I think they look nice but I may add additional animation frames before release.
    **8x2
    **far more vehicle friendly
    **2x8 horizontal
    **They likely will have their own door LUA code(I won't be overwriting the vanilla door.lua). Or I may release them using the vanilla code for now, and update later(easy transition).
    **Among other things, the interior doors will be open by default

Very large and practical farming dome.
    lots of space to grow crops... IN SPACE.
    **Already set up except you will need to till the dirt initially and find some water as it doesn't rain in space
    **hanging "Grow lamps"(I haven't made them, but that will be easy).
    **Probably going to released a "more modded" version which integrates assets from(therefore requires) irrigation mod(I'll edit with the proper name and a link later).

.A lighter version of black glass.
    **possibly a medium version too
    **I love the vanilla blackglass, but it is too darkening for the farming dome IMO.
    **I'm sure people will find other uses for it too.

Teleporters
    **Honestly they probably won't be ready for the next version, but I plan on them coming.
    **One teleporter near each ship bay brings you to a central teleporter room(full of teleporters).
    **Instant use - no menu or long teleport sequence... just instant teleportation.
    **Step upon activation if wired(with cooldown).
    **Should work for any objects/NPCs too.
    **The locations will be fixed, but I may make improvements later to allow you to change the destination so that they would be useful on different worlds.

Replaced airlocks connecting ship to shipyard.
    **Not next version, but I know what I'm going to do.
    **They'll deploy from the ships, and each match the ship's theme.
    **functionality wise, similar to doors.
    **May or may not use SAIL commands to dock/undock.

Probably more stuff I'm forgetting. I also have more plans too, but for the future. I want to make it feel like a full-service space station. Also I have yet to add any modded ships in, but plan to do that too.

17. Novaxyz

Novaxyz Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty hyped for this mod in 1.0. Last time I played I used fully customizable ship mod and I was sad to see it not being developed anymore, then I saw this. :)

18. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

19. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

20. qinlongfei

qinlongfei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry if this is a silly question, but where is your dropbox? Clicking download button just download the lessvanilla version of your mod, and I'm not seeing any link to your dropbox.