REQUEST Shipwreck Cabin

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Lilliput, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

As some may have seen on another thread, I've started playing a save where my farmer is very piratical, right down to pretending the cabin was made from the wreckage of an old ship. Sadly, there does not seem to be any really nautical-themed house retextures. (Though I did find one on Nexus Mods that turns the farmhouse into something like Willy's fishing shop, but that's not really what I had in mind.)

What I'm hoping for is to see a retexture that makes the starting cabin exterior look like it was put together using salvage from an old shipwreck. Porthole windows, crab-pots and fishing netting here and there, a ship's lantern hanging from a yard-arm, maybe even a bit of mast with a crow's nest and sailcloth and a few nautical pennants in the rigging. I'm not sure what assets in the game aside from the few that are included now for the Riverside farmhouse could be used, so, it's a bit of a tall order. Still, I'd like to see someone with an artistic side take a try at this.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I'd like to give it a try, do you have any visuals to go off of?

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Well, in addition to the Riverside farmhouse assets you noted, doesn't Jodi & Kent's house have a ship's wheel mounted above its door? Not much, but it's a little bit more to start from.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I started an idea I had, but I'm not sure it looks "boat" enough. I originally wanted to make the house out of a capsized boat, but went for this instead. Let me know what you think and how I can fix it River House Trial 1.png

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ok, I thought I put a watch on this thread to alert me to replies, but clearly I did something wrong there. So, first of all, sorry for the late reply. (EDIT: Dopey me. I watched the thread but didn't set up the board to alert me when there's a post to a thread I'm watching. Fixed.)

I did just recently note the ship's wheel and nautical flag (seasonally, during the summer, I think) outside Jodi's house, and those are fine additions.

Hmm. Well, the cabin you've got going is rather piecemeal-- I like the sailcloth lean-to you've got going on the lefthand side, but the sheet-metal roofing and door doesn't really fit the old sailing vessel feel I was hoping for. I'd also have turned the planking horizontally, rather than vertically, the way that a ship is generally planked. The portholes are good, that's a nice match to the inside portholes. What do you think of the idea of using the capsized bottom of a ship-- the keel, perhaps-- for the roofline?

Edit: This gives something of the mood I'm thinking of, if on a much smaller scale and probably cleaned up a bit:
            [​IMG]
            [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017