1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Ships Teleporter and Cockpit Dissapeared??

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by marlonator123, Aug 3, 2016.

1. marlonator123

marlonator123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so i beam down to my planet and beam up eventually and my teleport pad on my ship is gone and along with my cockpit (this is single player no mods)

is there any way i can re add them to my ship again? im upset and confused

2. Kulsius

Kulsius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are some mods for that, but first can I see a screenshot? (Not because I need it, I just want to see it :D)
    Apart from mods, either hope for -Iris- to see this, hope for restart to fix things up, upgrade ship to better class or start new character.
    Maybe, just maybe, it is possible with admin commands, but i doubt it.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@Kulsius if you wanna tag me just do @Iris Blanche (hihi tagged myself :p nah just kidding around..)

@marlonator123
    Can you please attach the log when this first happened? Maybe there is a way to restore the ship completly without deleting it (or restoring a backup).

~ Iris ~

4. Kulsius

Kulsius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

^(tagcepton D:) Tbh, i don't remember that "Blanche" so I just wrote what I could :D Anyway, fix this guy's ship so he can save universe by killing thousands of wildlife and natives all around universe :D

5. Iris Blanche

I see what i can do here x)

~ Iris ~

6. marlonator123

hey guys just saw your reply ill be home soon to send a screenshot @Kulsius .
    i also tried some of the backup ship files of mine but they were too recent to the catastrophe ...as well as some admin commands but none of those seem to work
    @Iris Blanche also how do i go about to attach the log thanks.

Kulsius likes this.
  7. Iris Blanche

There is an "upload a file" button attached to this reply box. ;) If you don't know which log you should attach (.log, .log.1 and so on) just put them in a zip archive and attach this instead. I'll pick the right one.

~ Iris ~

8. marlonator123

just attached my recent logs below there take a look thanks.

Attached Files:

9. Iris Blanche

It can be possible that the wrong upgrade commands caused this behaviour but im unsure about this. At which state was your ship? Did you have any licenses?

~ Iris ~

10. marlonator123

no i did not purchase any licenses but there was another glitch however where my crew duplicated... leading towards me upgrading my ship again when it was at only 4 floors..thus losing my ship teleporter and cockpit

ps. it all screwed up my ship right after the upgrade

11. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did the problem begun after you deleted This mod or did you install it in hopes it will reset the ship?

12. Iris Blanche

So it seems that the upgrade quest caused this error...strange behaviour.
    You can try using the upgrade commands:
    Code:
    /upgradeship '{"shipLevel" : 3}'
    Shiplevels are:
    Code:
    1 - ship at the beginning (dark)
    2 - ship after rebooting sail
    3 - ship with FTL
    4 - Sparrow License
    5 - Kestrel License
    6 - Falcon License
    7 - Eagle License
    8 - Condor License
    ~ Iris ~

13. marlonator123

@Geth270 it was way after the problem occurred and @Iris Blanche i just tried the commands nothing happened

14. marlonator123

oh wait my teleporter and cockpit are back but i would like to downgrade my ship back to what it was keeping the items and furniture already in there ...is there any way?

15. Iris Blanche

Remove it with your MM, downgrade per command and place it. It shouldn't be affected if it's in the normal boundaries but i can't say it for sure (never used a downgrade)

~ Iris ~

16. marlonator123

yeah cant seem to downgrade unfortunately...

17. Iris Blanche

So it's a one-way trip then? :/

~ Iris ~

18. marlonator123

yeah seems so but thanx for the help mainly with the cockpit and teleporter issues you've been great guys ..in the meantime if u guys do know how to downgrade your ships let me know

19. Geth270

I don't think there is a way, since there is only the upgrade command there is probably no code set up for downgrading the ship. By the way I found out that you can spawn cockpit seats by using /spawnitem apexcaptainschair (replace apex with the race you want).

20. Geth270

[​IMG]
    Now I will never have a problem :sneaky: