1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Ship world won't load

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ultimated, Feb 17, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultimated

ultimated Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I haven't tried to do this in singleplayer for fear of what might happen, but my multiplayer character can't beam to its ship without a crash. I'm endgame with basically everything I wanted out of the game and was just getting into building things. The other night, I had a server up in case any of my friends wanted in and I was hanging from a grappling hook in my ship. I left it like this for a few hours, then when nobody showed up and it was getting late, I closed the server first, then everything else. Now, whenever I try to play as that character, I spawn on the planet I was on before I'd been in the ship, and trying to beam to my ship takes a long time (~20-30 seconds) during which time monsters on the planet can still attack me, and then the server crashes.

I think this is due to a bug with the grappling hook being deployed when the server closed, since the game can't put the grapple back up again when it tries to load the world, it crashes. Is there a way to edit my shipworld to get rid of said grapple without deleting it and starting over? I have a lot of stuff on my ship that I don't want to lose.

The game is modded but none of the mods I use are directly related to the crash from what I can see. I can create new characters and warp to and from their ships just fine. I've been running these mods for a long time and this hasn't happened before. The grappling hook seems to be the problem.

2. ultimated

ultimated Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has nobody found a solution for this so far?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.