Modding Help Ship World and Hair Issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by kitsunespirit, Jan 11, 2019.

1. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

When I edit the png for a ship do I have to redo the "lit" png as well?

I got the Andromeda ship and edited the colour to a teal shade and didn't mess with the block files and just changed the structure files to point to my race names. But when I make a test character it errors out and puts me back in the main screen.

Some of my hairstyles are invisible on the creation screen... I think it might because there is no "climb" sprite on these?

2. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

The 'climb' frames are entirely unused by Starbound, so that's not the issue. It could be that the hair sprites are not in the right position on their image or have not been referenced corrrectly by the .species file (likely the latter, just one character out of place will cause issues).

As for your ship, we'll need a .log to see what problem you're having.

3. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Yes you do need to change the lit png as well.

And yes, we need to see your log file.

4. kitsunespirit

i fixed the hair issue, i had them (for some reason) listed as 'female01" instead of "fem01"...

Here's the log.

Attached Files:

5. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

You haven't made a .structure file for your ship, take a look at vanilla assets to see how to make one and apply it to your ship design.

6. kitsunespirit

I have 9 structure files (0-8) and a block key file.

Here's the ship folder.

Attached Files:

7. kitsunespirit

What's the transparency for the lit png supposed to be? It kinda looks like it might be 20 or 25%.