Modding Discussion Ship weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dante98dzc, Aug 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dante98dzc

Dante98dzc Void-Bound Voyager

The idea is to give a more interesting paper to the ship.

First sorry my english if something is not clear please tell me. :)

Idea
    1 Create a station that builds "Ammunition for ships" and "Attack beacons"
    2 The "beacons" can be trowed on a planet to request the ship to launch an attack in that area

* create different beacons and ammunition (eg: missiles, Lasers, poison-gas bombs, nanobots)

* The station can only be placed on the ship

*Add an 'orbital' of the ships are orbiting the planet (nice detail)

* to launch any atack the station must contain ship ammo (Eg: Missiles or Lazer batteries) and this must match with the type of attacking requested by the beacon.

.. Well, I'll appreciate any opinion or idea. I'm new in modding but I have programming experience so was easy learn the basics. In fact I already started the mod. About the sprites I don't know anything jeje but I will use my rustic Photoshop creations for the development later I'll find some help...

All this is only the basic idea, but I think there is a lot of potential in the ship. Since drop-down to the surface of the planet or a hangar for the mech, up to the space ship vs ship combats. :rofl:

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

There isn't any point, ships work as their own instanced world. So there isn't much you can do if ships ever had weapons.
    The best you can do is make a mini "mech ship" and have it run through dungeons

3. Dante98dzc

I already tinked about that... By the moment I just want make one station that build a item (beacon) like a granade.. then the item calls a 'ship atack' .. generating a lot of misiles in the sky and launching them against the beacon position.. simple.. later adding more Lua code to check if there is a weapon station in the ship and if it have any ammo, that's what tell if the atack is valid or not..
    Why do it?, I think it would be cool know you can launch all kind of massive attacks against a planet..

And well... that about ships combats i was thinking in something like a minigame like fossils mechanic but a more advanced interface..(not about animate the actual ship world)

And yes.. the landing matter, is just that U say.. a Ship mech or something like... But these are just ideas,I not have learned enough to even know if there's possible...

(I wrote this fast so I should have a lot of errors, sorry)

Thanks for you reply :rofl:..

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Then a simpler approach instead of adding guns to the ship and checking the ship.
    Is either add a variable to the player.config through a consumable ( weapon upgrade document ) or through world flags.
    Though its better not to use world flags.

Since you are doing simply the animation of the attack and not the actual ship attacking.

Dante98dzc likes this.
  5. Dante98dzc

I like the idea... By the moment I am making the animation of the attack in beacon position without any checks ..
    By the way, your tutorials was really helpful.. thanks.