Ship upgrades in 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by supernovus, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. supernovus

supernovus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So most upgrades have been completely separated from the missions, which is awesome. I've gotten myself a full set of Violium armour having only done the Erichius mission.

However, I cannot see how to upgrade my ship in 1.0. Is this one of the places where you have to do the missions?

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Theres two ways to get the license required to upgrade your ship.
    1. Get the required amount of crew.
    2. Buy the license on the black market.

When it comes to crew theres several ways to obtain them:
    1. Do settler quests until one asks to join your crew (You may do those from any settler including both random villages or your own settlement).
    2. Defeat a outlaw and they sometimes surrenders and asks to join your crew (As far as i know you only run into them on settler quests).
    3. Hire penguin mercenaries (You need to do the dreadwing quest to gain the ability).

Once you teleport up to the ship to drop of the last required crew you automatically get the license (it may be dropped to the floor if your inventory is full).

When it comes to the blackmarket:
    Theres a blackmarket store just to the right of the outpost (the container between the outpost and the vehicle store), you can buy licenses there. However the store needs to be unlocked and its not unlocked until after the floran hunting mission.

Once you have the license S.A.I.L will give you a "quest" (a simple task realy) to give the vehicle store on the outpost x amount of upgrade modules and they will upgrade your ship.

edit: Updated the info on how to unlock the black market.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016