1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Ship locker missing after update?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KingCake, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingCake

KingCake Space Penguin Leader

Long story short, I updated to Enraged Koala, loaded up my server and logged in. First thing I see is my ship locker is missing! Just not there, a patch of wall panel has replaced it. I look around, load the player file a couple of times, change planet, and even restore a previous version of the file. Still no ship locker. It's not the valuable stuff I had in there that matters but the ship locker itself, it can't be placed and I don't normally use any other storage devices. Does this have anything to do with the current patch, and if so, will it be fixed soon? Is my ship file just broken? Anyone who knows about this or has similar experiences can you tell me anything about it?

Thanks,
    Cake

ShiplockerWTF.PNG

2. Nanothingie

Nanothingie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Happened to me too. Ship locker and all of my onboard chests are gone. Game also crashes when I attempt to open any sort of container.

3. InanimateJ

InanimateJ Void-Bound Voyager

I'm experiencing the crash with any container as of the patch that went live in the last hour or so. My ship locker is still there on a Human ship, but yeah, opening it crashes me.

4. Zman

Zman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ship locker is missing on multiple characters for me.

I also have to break and replace chairs and beds to use them.

5. Sedgwick

Sedgwick Void-Bound Voyager

Hope I don't have to work to get all that shit back :p

6. Trepsik

Trepsik Zero Gravity Genie

All of the above.

Ship locker is missing, can't interact with chairs/beds, game crashes when attempting to open chests

created a new character and there is a ship locker and everything seems fine.
    old character still broken

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  7. KingCake

Same thing here guys. Though I hadn't noticed the thing with the other chests and beds before I can't interact with any of them. Doesn't crash game tho.

8. Autumn Saber

Autumn Saber Big Damn Hero

I have my ship locker for one of my characters, but anytime I try to open a chest the game closes itself. lol Beta.

9. KingCake

Guess you're right. Creating a new character does create a ship with the locker, just can't interact with it.

10. Trepsik

Trepsik Zero Gravity Genie

Now I am unable to join MP servers, just trying to crashes the server. Created a new character with the same results.

11. Alcair

Alcair Space Spelunker

Bump, same thing happening to me also.

12. MegaDoomer

MegaDoomer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiy, I know you're going to fix this and imma let you finish, but.. I have a suggestion ( Probably the wrong spot to post it, but it is relevant to the topic! ) You should consider making the 3d printer, ship locker and other implements of the ship movable to some degree. Would make customizing these small guys a lot more fun until we get our big ships!

Danibrynn, Braken and Scarletting like this.
  13. SSpanzer

SSpanzer Void-Bound Voyager

yeah just happened to me, i can't use my bed on my ship, i can't load fuel into fuel gauge on ship(where slots are supposed to be its just a black line), and any of my stuff i put in lockers is gone.........

14. neosilvertoxic

neosilvertoxic Intergalactic Tourist

All the above for me.. for us to get our lockers back they should make them a craftable using 12 wall panels. It only makes sense to me to make that possible since we lost them.

15. iheartmorg

iheartmorg Space Hobo

Ditto to all of the above.... I'm also missing some crates on my home planet. :cry:

16. MegaDoomer

MegaDoomer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Chillax ladies and gents. For a stage 1 beta game, Starbound is impressive beyond words. Roll with the punches, it was worth every cent.

Risukage and tooth-in-the-sea like this.
  17. The Digital Gabeg

The Digital Gabeg Seal Broken

I have the following symptoms:
    • Ship locker is missing.
    • Chests I have placed are missing, on both my ship and home world. Some chests but not all.
    • Some missing chests (lockers) were supporting other chests which have not disappeared, and which remain in their normal positions.
    • Missing chests appear to still be present in the world to some degree. I can stand on empty air in the space which should be occupied by a missing locker.
    • Furnaces on my ship are missing. Furnaces on my home planet are not missing.
    • Some of the remaining chests, but not all, cause an immediate client crash when opened. Chest inventory does not appear, game simply crashes.

Viral the Nightmare likes this.
  18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to In-Game & Billing Support.

greenman likes this.
  19. krylo

krylo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Suggestion:

Go into game, move anything off the ship you want to keep. Put it on planet.

Quit game.

Go into player file, delete your ship file.

Restart game.

It will give you a brand new ship. See if that fixes it.

Just a work around, and I have auto updates turned off so I can. . . see stuff like this happen and work around it, honestly, so it's not something I've tried yet, but it SHOULD work.

Danibrynn likes this.
  20. marsman21

marsman21 Intergalactic Tourist

Same issue with the ship locker being gone. Trying to open ship locker on ship or chest on planet crashes the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.