1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Ship got a lot of bugs and today it got wiped

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by AccountPrivacy, Aug 21, 2017.

1. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

This happened a moment ago. http://imgur.com/a/6Rjd6
    My ship got wiped got a different pet too the only thing remained was the crew and upgrades everything else is gone.

A month ago my ship got the bug where the teleport bay doors got locked by a invincible walls which I removed with a mod since there was no other solution. And today my ship got wiped. No other mods used before besides the ones to help fix the game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    DemChanges likes this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

A list of used mods could be helpful. The ship get recreated if it is corrupted which happened here. Your old shipworld may still be present as "[ID].shipworld.fail" in your storage\player folder.
    A log of the session when it happened also could be helpful to track down the issue.

~ Iris ~

3. AccountPrivacy

I used this mod to fix the ship for the issue a month ago http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755391531. I already wrote about this issue but some genius here deleted that post...
    Today I played a game on singleplayer quit the game (my character was standing in the ship cockpit) made a around 15 minutes break then went back into the game and found everything wiped as seen on the picture I quit the game and looked into what can be done and what caused the error etc. For two hours of searching I found nothing out of the order. Tried to backup the files. The [ID].shipworld.bak2 gave me back my ship. I moved the ship to another planet spawned down and quit the game. Hopefully wont happen again. There was no [ID].shipworld.fail file. I looked into the log back and forth and didn't found anything that was off.

Also I have to say that I am sick of this game's constant crashing no matter what we do. I play usually on friend's local server and we get these random crashes sometimes even when we just stand in one place. It happens on single player too. It's random. Sometimes it happens into an hour of gameplay or in only few minutes of gameplay.

I don't like wasting my time fixing things I want to waste my time on playing it instead, as it was meant to be.

DemChanges likes this.
  4. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My teleporter almost had that happen to it, but I saved and quit the second it started and when I relogged in to my character it was fine.

5. AccountPrivacy

I guess in your case the game automatically used it's proper backup files and fixed it self. Sometimes it needs manual fixing using the .bak1,2,3 files found in the 'player' folder. Make sure to frequently backup save files because you never know what can happen.

DemChanges likes this.