1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Ship didn't import to new computer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Fennec_S, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennec_S

Fennec_S Space Hobo

Tried posting this on the Starbound Steam forum and didn't get any replies, so I'm hoping for better luck here.

I'm in the process of moving from my old Mac computer to a new one (also Mac). I tried to follow instructions to transfer my saved game files, and it looks like my player, universe, and quest progress have saved, all of my crew seems to be there... everything except all of the changes I've made to my ship and everything I had stored there. That's all gone. It's the same size as before (i.e. the expansions are still there), but everything's at default and none of my storage lockers, etc. are there anymore. The hazard-tape-style partitions that were there between sections of the ship when I first got them are back up again.

Clearly, I seem to have missed some save file somewhere, but I can't figure out what I've done wrong. Can anyone help?

I have copied the whole folders for the universe and player files over, by the way, per all the instructions I could find online for transfering. I haven't been playing with any kind of mods. The ship's info is just... only partly there, apparently.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If all files are okay except the shipworld being working the copy process might have corrupted the shipworld files. If you still have the old files you should copy them again to your new machine.

3. Fennec_S

Fennec_S Space Hobo

Thank you! I don't usually mess around with game files, so I'd been worried about causing more problems than I solved doing things manually, here. But I tried deleting all those save files from the new computer and then transferring them again from the old one using an external hard drive rather than online file transfer this time and it seems to have done the trick. Looks like I'm good to go now!

Iris Blanche likes this.
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Marking as resolved and closing the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.