Ship Airlock/Escape pods

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Joseph the wanderer, Jun 8, 2015.

?

Should Air locks or Escape pods be put in the game

1. I want both

2. I want just escape pods

3. I want just air locks

4. I want neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a proposition, on ships, there should be a room that had either airlocks or an escape pod (or both). (really i just want a way to exit the ship without beaming.

Air locks-
    - allow player to get outside ship
    - if player fell off ship, they would plummet to the planet in a ball of fire, then die on impact (unless they use tech). The loading screen would appear to be you falling through space, then you start at the top of the planet sky-box and start falling.
    - could allow for future ship customization

Escape pods-
    - allow player to shoot out of ship in a little pod
    - pod would plummet to the planet in a ball of fire, then explode and disappear on impact, leaving your character standing in a
    crater. Loading screen would appear to be your pod falling through space, then your pod starts at the top of the planet sky-box and starts falling
    - could be a means of landing on "beam restricted" (story based, made by the developers) planets.

Both-
    - would be located in one of the small rooms of a ship after the final ship upgrade
    - will kill a player without an oxygen setup

2. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

good idea

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Either of these would require a massive change to the ships. At best, it would have to be a post tier 8 upgrade, given how ships work and trying to prevent a ship wipe. IE the airlock idea is not a simple case of putting a door. The walls of the ship are actually created by an "invisible wall" type effect that extends throughout the whole ship and around it.

4. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the "invisible wall" could be limited to the shape of the ships walls instead of the entire outside area.
    also... "- would be located in one of the small rooms of a ship after the final ship upgrade"

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Missed that part. :rofl:

Joseph the wanderer likes this.
  6. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd love to be able to take space walks outside a massive ship. I'd also love to be able to do a triple somersault off the edge into a freefall.
    So I second this.

PabloElPuas likes this.