1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Shield Generator

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Tweak3r, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Tweak3r

Tweak3r Space Hobo

Just curiouse about if something like the Shield Generator could be implemented for Protecting your Stuff while on Public Servers.
    I know there is already a Generator but it seems deactivated/not usable for vanilla pvp/pve by default.
    The protect planet command on public servers is nice but it would be fun just to protect the base to increase the pvp/fighting more interesting.
    Are there any news on that topic?

Thank you.

2. chiiklez

chiiklez Aquatic Astronaut

I don't think it's available for players to use in vanilla. There are mods that allow you to place and activate them yourself (I use that on my server), but for vanilla, the only method would be using the /settileprotection command in admin mode.

3. Tweak3r

Tweak3r Space Hobo

What is your Server if i may ask? (if its a public one of course)
    Are the Genreator doing their work like they should?
    I can imagine creating own PVP Dungeons to let them raid by others to give them a challenge for example... Also protecting hole planets makes sence of yourse if you wanna keep your Homebase save sure.. But something Vanilla to give people some more own created dungeons would be really a big player based content upgrade for every public server out there.

4. chiiklez

It's a small modded server I'm running we called Revel Starbound, since we just wanted to have some fun and not run a big public one.

The generators work great, there is also a switch generator mod we use on the server. The generators work by protecting whatever dungeon id they are placed on, so if you place two inside a player building, it protects all player blocks on that world. You can place additional ones to protect the planet itself, or the dungeons/towns that generate. My homeworld has a glitch town and a grand avian temple that I protected using a generator, and with another mod we have, I plan on making mobs spawn continously inside them.

We also use a keypad mod, effectively stopping people from being able to switch off the generators if they don't know the code. I wish all this was in vanilla, but sadly we have to settle with using mods for now.

5. Tweak3r

Tweak3r Space Hobo

Nice.. Cheers. Well im thinking about setting up a small Server with Frackin Mod and Shield Generators... But ill check if there is a need for a public one EU based. Slots Prices are okay there.

6. chiiklez

If you decide not to, we actually just added Frackin Universe to the server. More than welcome to join, otherwise good luck!

7. Tweak3r

Tweak3r Space Hobo

Hey man. Haha.. well is just set up a server this mornign :D Just uploading the mod at the moment and also setting up some discord Server with Channels for the Publi one. How did you aktivate the Generators for everyone? I know how to handle Consoles of server but i would be glad if i dont need to look around in the web for that :D

8. chiiklez

For the generators to work and be craftable by everyone they would have to have the mod as well, otherwise they wouldn't appear. Not sure what would happen if they didn't have the mod beyond not being able to craft em, apparently the mod author just reintroduced vanilla assets so it SHOULDN"T crash but it depends on how he made it work.

9. Tweak3r

Tweak3r Space Hobo

Nice.. Well i think i got it running now on my Linux server... Had to unpack the .pak and copy folder in the mods folder onto the server.
    Is it normal that Clients need to select "Allow Asset Mismacht" before connecting to a modded server?

Cheers buddy.

10. chiiklez

As long as both client and server have the exact mods it shouldn't be an issue, but I've had to allow mismatch as well since people with the same mod list were having trouble joining.