1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion SharpStar - Proxy server with support for C#, Python, Javascript, and Lua plugins

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mitch528, Feb 8, 2014.

1. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Like those wrapper plugins or the starbound mods? Mods do work, but they need to be adopted to the new patch mechanism and some other changes to work with nightly. Some mods do have a nightly version - just look for ones that are labeled for "rampaging" koala. Wrapper plugins wont work without the wrapper though.

2. Melonking

Melonking Void-Bound Voyager

I mean like, simple example, the wrapper will output a message as an advert every x.no of mins. Could a simple feature like that be replicated on the server without the need for client mods etc?

3. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Hm. Wrappers can do that, since they manipulate the server network traffic, but without it, I'm unsure. Maybe could do a client mod that would post something in the chat (but the client would have to be logged in as a player), but I also don't know if that's even possible atm... so short answer is not rly, or idk how to do it easily.

4. Melonking

I see, Im kinda torn now. I enjoy making lil things like that, so id be missing out on part of the fun of running a server without it, but the stable server is just so old..

5. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Well... if you plan to run a server then nightly is not really recommended since it updates everyday, and you'd need to update your server on daily basis ... if it happens when you sleep, ppl can't login with newer clients ... but if you just play with some friends, then run it when you play together.

Melonking likes this.
  6. nightly server is no good. and it's usually broken.

When nightly update comes developers will face the nightmare of upgrade everything to work on the new version, as it's quite of a jump. All servers will be likely some time without any proxy tools.

7. Melonking

How would one get the StarSharpServerClient of a StarSharpClient? Id like to get the Player.Name of a connecting client.

EDIT: Solved :D string name = client.Server.Player.Name;

8. GeneralHulio

GeneralHulio Aquatic Astronaut

Is sharpstar some kind of trojan horse?

9. Melonking

Correct, it is in fact a large wooden horse.

== In other news ==

I put together this lil plugin for my server in testing, figured id share with yall :D

MollyTalk:
    Adds a bot called Molly to your server who:
    • Greets Players.
    • Makes Announcements.
    • Auto replies to key words in questions.
    • Can be controlled by staff.
    All configurable in the mollytalk.json

Download Here - Source

Please excuse me if the style is a little off, first time working in C#

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Bacon likes this.
  10. Oh nice @Melonking nice to hear you're poking around the plugin system, will see if can try *o*

11. Nordan

Nordan Big Damn Hero

Can't seem to get it to launch on my 2012 R2 x64 box. I have .NET 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 installed. Crashes immediately on startup. Unzipped the latest download, have the dedicated server running on 21024. I get the same message regardless of whether or not the server is running.

Tried installing just about every redistributable package available related to .NET 4 and above. Tried a few different versions of the SQLite driver as well. No dice. There are some posts on Stackoverflow about a similar error message and this being a build issue, but it works fine on my Win7 x64 box.

Code:
    2014-11-27 06:24:34,827 INFO - SharpStar Version 0.2.4.2
    2014-11-27 06:24:36,243 ERROR - FluentNHibernate.Cfg.FluentConfigurationException: An invalid or incomplete configuration was used while creating a SessionFactory. Check PotentialReasons collection, and InnerException for more detail.

---> NHibernate.HibernateException: Could not create the driver from NHibernate.Driver.SQLite20Driver, NHibernate, Version=4.0.0.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.
      at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName)
      at NHibernate.Driver.ReflectionBasedDriver..ctor(String providerInvariantName, String driverAssemblyName, String connectionTypeName, String commandTypeName)
      at NHibernate.Driver.SQLite20Driver..ctor()
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
      at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
      at NHibernate.Bytecode.ActivatorObjectsFactory.CreateInstance(Type type)
      at NHibernate.Connection.ConnectionProvider.ConfigureDriver(IDictionary`2 settings)
      at NHibernate.Connection.ConnectionProvider.ConfigureDriver(IDictionary`2 settings)
      at NHibernate.Connection.ConnectionProvider.Configure(IDictionary`2 settings)
      at NHibernate.Connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.NewConnectionProvider(IDictionary`2 settings)
      at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport.Execute(Action`1 scriptAction, Boolean execute, Boolean justDrop, TextWriter exportOutput)
      at SharpStar.Lib.Database.SharpStarDb.<GetSessionFactory>b__0(Configuration p) in c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar.Lib\Database\SharpStarDb.cs:line 63
      at FluentNHibernate.Cfg.FluentConfiguration.BuildConfiguration()
      at FluentNHibernate.Cfg.FluentConfiguration.BuildConfiguration()
      at SharpStar.Lib.Database.SharpStarDb.GetSessionFactory() in c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar.Lib\Database\SharpStarDb.cs:line 75
      at SharpStar.Lib.Database.SharpStarDb..ctor(String dbName) in c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar.Lib\Database\SharpStarDb.cs:line 54
      at SharpStar.Lib.SharpStarMain.Start() in c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar.Lib\SharpStarMain.cs:line 103
      at SharpStar.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar\Program.cs:line 57

2014-11-27 06:24:36,254 ERROR - BuildConfiguration at offset 378 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0

2014-11-27 06:24:36,255 ERROR - GetSessionFactory at offset 361 in file:line:column c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar.Lib\Database\SharpStarDb.cs:75:13

2014-11-27 06:24:36,256 ERROR - .ctor at offset 20 in file:line:column c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar.Lib\Database\SharpStarDb.cs:54:13

2014-11-27 06:24:36,258 ERROR - Start at offset 367 in file:line:column c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar.Lib\SharpStarMain.cs:103:13

2014-11-27 06:24:36,259 ERROR - Main at offset 566 in file:line:column c:\projects\SharpStar\SharpStar\Program.cs:57:13
    Any suggestions?

Hup: fixed. Turns out SQLite has its own dependencies. If anyone else runs into this error message, the solution is to install the following:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  12. LainSzvahl

LainSzvahl Aquatic Astronaut

is this working?

13. babon

babon Aquatic Astronaut

Its working with old stable, not with nightly and not with new stable

14. LainSzvahl

so the link for the Sharpstar.zip on the first post is working fine then?

15. babon

babon Aquatic Astronaut

16. LainSzvahl

17. babon

babon Aquatic Astronaut

You cant use it with new stable update

18. This tool is fully broken and developer is not active.

19. LainSzvahl

are there any wrappers that are in current function??

20. There is works on server tools yes, but they are not released yet.