1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion SharpStar - Proxy server with support for C#, Python, Javascript, and Lua plugins

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mitch528, Feb 8, 2014.

1. The main executable SharpStar.exe let it run the first time, do exit, you will see the config files generated.

2. Liendil

Liendil Poptop Tamer

Well I'm here again cause I can't figure out how to become an admin. I read in the previous posts that I have to type /firstop but the server tells me that this command is uknown.
    Can you help me just once again Bacon please? :D

3. on sharpstar console write "op accountname"
    For create your first account use /createacct in-game.

mappo likes this.
  4. Liendil

Liendil Poptop Tamer

Thank you mate. I'm almost done, one more thing is how to login after the account has been created? Cause the server still tells me that the commands are denied for me.

5. Login is made on the server join window under IP.

6. Liendil

Liendil Poptop Tamer

Everything's good now, thanks for your help Bacon ! :)

7. RadishKing321

RadishKing321 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there any way of making prefixes?
    By that I mean if you have opped a player can you make it so there is some identifier so other players know he is an admin?

8. Heya must create one special admin group, the op user to set as admin already gives all permissions, the create usergroup admin, then /setusergroupprefix will set the prefix.

9. RadishKing321

It worked :D
    One issue though.
    When I try to add color to the prefix it usually ends like this :p
    "<[Owner] KroenixZ> Test "
    Anyway to fix this?

10. A fast-fix for it it's add the normal chat color (yellow) color after the prefix Like ^prefixcolor;Owner^normalchatcolor;
    It won't be noticeable, only on planet chat the last ] will be yellow.

11. RadishKing321

Thank you! By the way love the fast responses xD

12. Rick0

Rick0 Intergalactic Tourist

Hello, I would like to thank the developer for working with this Proxy Sever. My question is regarding how I can compile the code because it is not supported as a translation, I would translate the messages directly in the source code and compile. I hope someone can help me, thanks.

13. Melonking

Melonking Void-Bound Voyager

Could you explain how to install version 3.2.8 on ubuntu, since the install info offered on the mono site only seems to allow for version 3.10.0.

It does appear to function on 3.10.0, however when I try and connect to the server, the server registers that I attempted to connect, but the game freezes for a few seconds until the connection times out.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  14. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

There's PPA's for mono that will offer you newer versions. Best to read this http://askubuntu.com/questions/417177/is-there-a-ppa-to-get-the-latest-mono-and-monodevelop-versions

15. @Melonking usually ubuntu 12/14 server installs the 3.2.8 version of mono by default. We on ours are using the newest mono as the performance is a bit better, but usually the main problem was the mono crashing on a new version we tested that isn't on the git now.

16. Melonking

I eventually got it installed after purging 3.10, clearing source lists and regenerating them.

Same issue though, only now this error shows up:
    Code:
    INFO - Connection from 192.168.1.108:50668
    Info: accept from 127.0.0.1:36226 (11)
    Info: UniverseServer: Connection received from: 127.0.0.1:36226
    Info: UniverseServer: client connection made from 127.0.0.1:36226
    ERROR - Packet ClientConnectPacket caused and error!
    ERROR - System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Failed to read past end of stream.
      at SharpStar.Lib.Networking.StarboundStream.ReadUInt8 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) SharpStar.Lib.Networking.StarboundStream:ReadUInt8 ()
      at SharpStar.Lib.Networking.StarboundStream.ReadVLQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) SharpStar.Lib.Networking.StarboundStream:ReadVLQ ()
      at SharpStar.Lib.Networking.StarboundStream.ReadUInt8Array () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) SharpStar.Lib.Networking.StarboundStream:ReadUInt8Array ()
      at SharpStar.Lib.Networking.StarboundStream.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SharpStar.Lib.Packets.ClientConnectPacket.Read (IStarboundStream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SharpStar.Lib.Packets.PacketReader.Decode (Byte packetId, System.Byte[] payload) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    ERROR - ReadUInt8 at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - ReadVLQ at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - ReadUInt8Array at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - ReadString at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - Read at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - Decode at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at SharpStar.Lib.Packets.Handlers.ClientConnectPacketHandler+<Handle>d__8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
      at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SharpStar.Lib.Server.SharpStarClient+<ProcessReceive>d__13.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    ERROR - Throw at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - GetResult at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    ERROR - MoveNext at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
    Warn: UniverseServer: client connection aborted
    INFO - Player loxfloran (192.168.1.108:50668) has disconnected
    Info: closing 127.0.0.1:36226 (11)
    Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (SocketClosedException) Connection reset by peer 127.0.0.1:36226 (0)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  17. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Are you on nightly build or stable? Think all the wrappers are only for the current stable build, because network protocol has changed in nightnly (and possibly in unstable too, didn't check though).

18. Melonking

Ah that would be the problem then. I figured id go with nightly since the stable does not seem to have updated in months.

19. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

For nightly its ok without wrapper for now, it has some admin tools built in now.

20. Melonking

What about custom plugins/server side mods, would those be possible?