Share your misfortune here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. V, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Hexprone

Hexprone Space Penguin Leader

This. More than once.

Partly my own fault, since I originally built my chicken coop to give only a two-square gap past where the cat sleeps, but nevertheless, that cat is asking for a kick in the head.

• Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

That's why I'm a dog person.

Hitgirl911 and Corraidhín like this.
      • mahoganyrose23

mahoganyrose23 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Didn't realize I had the big bomb selected, dropped it by mistake and blew up all five of my smelters.

SkyPiglet likes this.
        • WraithHeart

WraithHeart Void-Bound Voyager

Accidently dropped a mega bomb in the saloon. First thought was, "oh shit, now I'm an accidental terrorist," thinking I was going, at the *very* least, piss everyone off. Nope. They just kept about their business like it was an everyday occurrence.

EltonScone and Trifoilum like this.
          • WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

that isnt misfortune.

• zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

Well there is a war going on around Stardew Valley

• Shajhirah

Shajhirah Master Chief

Took a quest from Willy to catch 3 Red Snapper. Didn't rain for 2 days.

Took a quest to catch some fish I don't remember (it was a river fish). Rained for 2 days, caught nothing but catfish.

RNGesus why.

SkyPiglet likes this.
                • R4dzki

R4dzki Lucky Number 13

I mined at skull cave i got ~ 312 iridium ore and i had galaxy sword i died by this dragons and i lost all iridium and my galaxy sword ... god why ?!

SkyPiglet and mahoganyrose23 like this.
                  • Tenyn42

Tenyn42 Void-Bound Voyager

First time in the desert. Went fishing in the pond, got my sandfish with a treasure: a dinosaur egg! It says that I need to take it to Gunther, but heck no! I'm taking this to my coop and hatching it ...

... just as soon as I explore this mysterious cave with the skull door.

Yeah, so I died. And lost my fish. And my egg.

But the dinosaur egg can't be *that* rare. Right?

SkyPiglet likes this.
                    • WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

I got it from fishing once,like my 500~ Catch,shouldnt be too rare, *Wink*

• estavash

estavash Tentacle Wrangler

I put my angler fish and all my other best stuff in the grange display, left the festival and went to sleep, then realized I'd forgotten to take down the display before I went home.

• kardwill

kardwill Master Chief

Tried to water my very first ancient seed. Realized I had the axe (or was it the pickaxe?) equiped only when I heard that sickening *knch* noise...

rcooper113 likes this.
                          • darkhorse0606

darkhorse0606 Tentacle Wrangler

I am so sad. I got the insect head sword and it was like a dream. I was slaying monsters and slimes left and right. I loved that sword like it was sitting my house and I could hold it for real.

And then...I took my eyes off the health meter...and I lost it...

Bereft. I am bereft.

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Oh well, what could my worst thing have been in this game? Err... Started a whole new day just because I noticed that one of my blueberry bushes where missing...? I daresay that I've been pretty lucky this far. :proper:

• wibisonobayu

wibisonobayu Space Hobo

I was playing stardew for several days, And after taking a sleep, i have not realized that my gold pickaxe just disappear, And i cannot do anything and i can't get it back -.-

Ladysarajane likes this.
                                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

My worst misfortune in this game was during my last trip to the skull cavern. I died. Lost an iridium bar and 3-4 iridium ore... And my galaxy sword.
                                  Normally I wouldn't restart the day just because I died (I don't play that way) buuuut this was my galaxy sword. I'm not proud of it but I basicly rage quit and restarted the day >.>

I also once sold a bunch of Oasis exclusive seeds to Pierre. It's so annoying you auto-sell your stuff when you speak to merchants, just wanted to move them.

And the last big misfortune I can remember was that I accidentially bombed my beehouse area, blew up like 7 beehouses and the flower giving them flavor. It was so early in the day that I was like "...Let's pretend that didn't happen" and restarted the day xD

That's the only two times I've restarted a day though. I don't like to do it, if I mess up something (like dying in the mines) then I just have to deal with the consequences.

rcooper113 and Ladysarajane like this.
                                  • Last_Aeon

Last_Aeon Void-Bound Voyager

HOW DARE YIU REVIVE THIS DEAD THREAD

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Really? Nothing else to do, other than complain about some new people poking fun at themselves on a fun thread even if it older?

Now to keep it on track. Pierre only likes fried calamari. I cant get the recipe for it yet and really cant remember who gave me the dish, but I was saving it for Pierre's birthday. Somehow I was talking to the wizard and i accidently gifted him the calamari rather the item he was looking for. I stll cant get that recipe. Poor Pierre! My hearts lag for you since I can't find your favorite dish.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Well, not really a *huge* misfortune but annoying nonetheless.

I use the timespeed mod and sometimes certain things cause it to bug out and stop the timer completely. Had this happen once on Sam's birthday super early in the morning (an egg hatched) so I couldn't get to him to give him his gift because obviously he's in his room still asleep.

Elliot's birthday rolls around, it's raining. He won't come out of his cabin and I can't get in because the man barely knows me. No way to remedy this problem. :C

I'm trying to get all the singles to 8 hearts but I'm already married so I can only give them gifts on their birthday. Those are crucial days for me. lol

Phaena likes this.
                                        • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

A most recent misfortune... I had a Leak stored to give it to George on his Birthday... then I accidently shipped it (I ship things in the morning, rather than noon) since I click very hastily, I couldnt recover it from the last shipped object that pops up.