Share your misfortune here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. V, Feb 27, 2016.

1. SkyPiglet

SkyPiglet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made 30 scarecrows because i thought the "about 8 tiles" part of the tooltip meant the 8 surrounding tiles, not 8 tiles in every direction. So now I have almost no fiber to craft artisan machines. Guess I'm going to grind mine levels 10-20 :(

• grand ssspace hunter

grand ssspace hunter Void-Bound Voyager

accidentally sold my angler fish, and then to make myself feel better i sold my mutant carp, in a devil-may-care sort of way.. but i was the one who cared

EltonScone likes this.
      • zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

Ouch. Yeah my mom did that. She spent so much time trying to get the angler too.

• WraithHeart

WraithHeart Void-Bound Voyager

Speaking of, is there anything special that needs to be done with lenders fish? I caught the angler in summer or fall of my first year (by accident, really. Was fishing, didn't notice the little crown on the fish icon, and pulled him up. Surprised me, for sure), and he's been sitting in my fridge for nearly a year (I can imagine having little green tree air fresheners all over my house due to it).

• Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

Lol. I couldn't find any flowers laying around. Seemed like the best thing I had.

CorraidhĂ­n likes this.
            • Morgath

Morgath Astral Cartographer

Wouldn't leave it in the fridge, as cooking automatically uses items in there. Can see you posting to the thread in a few weeks. "Accidentally chopped my Legendary Fish into Sashimi"
              Can use in the grange display, not much use otherwise

zoeevee likes this.
              • zoeevee

No. I think CA is working on a way to display them as that is a popular request. I just have mine chilling in a special chest.

• zoeevee

Very good point! It's a shame you can't get named or starred cooked foods. Gold Star Angler Sashimi would be pretty epic.

Morgath likes this.
                  • Morgath

Morgath Astral Cartographer

Mutant Carp Sashimi would probably have the health inspectors around though.

SkyPiglet and zoeevee like this.
                    • CoolChick

CoolChick Void-Bound Voyager

nothing im too fab for that soz

• Hexprone

Hexprone Space Penguin Leader

?

Is there any particular reason to save these, other than just to have them in your inventory? They're still listed in the collection tab for pride's sake, so I didn't see any reason not to just dump em in the shipping box and get a little cash out of them.

• zoeevee

I'm holding out for the display case to be implemented since you can't catch more than one. Except for the Legendary apparently? I don't know but I'm not taking any chances. I take pride in my work :rofl:

• Hexprone

I hear so many different things about this. Is it confirmed that the other four legendary fish never reappear? I've haven't seen them again after catching them, but that could easily because I then just move on to the next (I still need the Mutant Carp plus Legend) -- and what you see in wikis is not infallible.

• zoeevee

Very true. I might tweet CA and get his answer on it. I know I've never seen any of the other 4 again but who knows.

• WraithHeart

WraithHeart Void-Bound Voyager

Oh gods, that I did *not* know. I appreciate the info. :)

Thanks, as well, zoe. :)

SkyPiglet likes this.
                                • Don Leo

Don Leo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On day 1 of fall, year 2, I noticed I need the fern from summer to finish up the last community center bundle.

Another thing I did was put the stable 1 tile away from my house. It wouldn't accept the stable right next to the house but then on screenshots I saw other people have it there. Had to savegame edit the stable spot since you can't demolish and rebuild the stable.

The most annoying thing was me tilling a huge amount of soil, then passing out at 2 AM before planting anything in it so on day 2 I had to till a huge amount of soil again because a lot had turned back to regular untilled dirt. I rushed the iridium hoe after that.

During fall, I keep losing my horse in the grass.

SkyPiglet likes this.
                                  • Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

Hasn't gotten any better. Haley posted a notice saying she wanted Cauliflower. Luckily I had some growing. Maybe would have even had some by then-had I not been without the can for 2 days as it was being upgraded. Very last day happened to be the Spring Dance Festival.

And speaking of the Dance Festival, everyone turned me down. Haley was a firm "Ew. No." I got so desperate... I asked some of the guys.

EltonScone and SkyPiglet like this.
                                    • Hexprone

There's actually an easy workaround for this: at Robin's shop, just select the "demolish" option for any other building you've already constructed (barn, coop, etc). On the farm map, you can then choose to demolish any building, not just the one you chose from Robin's menu. Pick the stable. Then talk to Robin again and you'll have the option to build the stable somewhere else.

SkyPiglet likes this.
                                      • Turric4n_sdw

Turric4n_sdw Space Spelunker

Barely made it out of the mines late in the night, returned around 1:40ish at busstop and thought well this was close.. found the cat on the stairs blocking my way. A helpfull Joja Member tucked me into bed.

MoonlitBrenya and SkyPiglet like this.
                                        • DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Geeze, and to think I'm sitting on so much fibre that I can't think of a damn thing to do with it all. There's only so much advanced bait a man can make.

SkyPiglet likes this.