Share your misfortune here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. V, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

I was murdered by my slimes...the way I had it set up I had to go in the pen to put the new egg in and they had been breeding, a lot, kept getting slimed so I was too slow to get out. To think I provide them with more breeding partners the nerve of those ungrateful little turds.

Jaed and LuthienNightwolf like this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Slime Charmer ring, you need one. lol

Reddestiny921 likes this.
      • Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

Indeed lol

• DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

On Journey of the Prairie King, I was trying to unlock "Fector's Challenge" and i was doing very well after a streak of good luck with the power ups and money drops, but then i died at the first stage of the third world by a flying demon. Needless to say that sucked...
          Also, on that same note, while trying to unlock the arcade on another save, my game glitches out and gets stuck somewhere around the second world.

• Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

I keep dying by the dark orc things in the lower mine.

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

I can't find the yellow strange doll. It is the only thing preventing me from finishing the museum and that save file. I don't think I'd be so annoyed about it if I hadn't found the green strange doll three times.

• Shydragon

Shydragon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I got Abby up to 10 hearts... at the end of fall. And there were no last minute rainstorms. So there was no way to get the Mermaid's pendant and propose for over a month. then it's finally spring! And it rains relatively early in the month! And... I don't have 5000g. It didn't rain again until the 19th.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Welp. I just realized on Fall 2 that I had forgotten to plant my rare seed. Here's hoping that the speed-gro I mixed into the soil saves me from my mistake!

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

It "only" takes 24 days to grow without speed-gro, not an actual full season, so you'll be good :)

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Oh thank goodness!.. Ugh, but it appears that I have yet another problem. I finally got to 10 hearts with Elliott. It's Fall, and I'm waiting for another rainy day so I can buy the Mermaid's Pendant. But the rain won't come! Every time I check the weather it always says "cloudy and breezy" or "beautiful sunny day" for tomorrow. There are 7 days left in fall, and it simply will not rain! It rained ONCE the whole month on the 2nd, and it refuses to rain again. I swear, if I'm really gonna have to wait until year 2 to get married when I'm already at 10 hearts and everything, I'm gonna be SO mad at this cursed RNG. And I could very well be one of those people with the dreaded "no rain after year 2" bug, knowing my luck.

And before anyone asks: No, I do not have access to a rain totem. I wish I did. Pfft. Only this game could make me so bitter upon hearing a forecast for a sunny day.

On a lighter note, though, the RNG hasn't been completely terrible to me this season. One of the omni geodes I had cracked open revealed a prismatic shard! I wasn't even mad that the next two revealed only clay and a stone. I've never been so excited to donate something to the museum. Now that I think about it, though, I probably should've saved it for my grange display at the fair before I donated it.

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

I used hoe-ing to gauge where to put tress and then when cleaning up killed my first tree that was mostly grown...
                        I am clumsy and dumb...x3

• LuthienNightwolf

I had to wait til Spring year 2 on my first save to get married too - got Seb to 10 hearts in Winter but I couldn't access the pendant until Spring 5, when it finally rained. >u<

I think it should be changed so you can still get the pendant when it's snowing, since that's basically Winter's version of rain.

• LuthienNightwolf

You also could have taken the shard and used it to get the Galaxy sword, if you are able to get to the desert. >.>

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                            • shmelse

shmelse Void-Bound Voyager

was doing my first "real" run at the skill cavern, feeling out the "use ~1 million bombs and pizzas" strategy. it was about 10 PM, i was below floor 50, had 35 or so iridium ore. then, my first prismatic shard drops!! :rainbow: i comment to my boyfriend who's watching me that "oh, this is amazing, we definitely won't start the day over now. this is great!!" as i find a staircase and drop down to the next level...

where i promptly confused the "leave the mine" dialogue box for a "eat a pizza" dialogue box and am teleported back to the surface... 4 hours left, no way to get back to where i was.

So, Galaxy Sword it is!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                              • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

*Harvests crops on Tuesday*
                                *Forgets to buy more seeds, realizes this after 6 PM*
                                *Pierre's is closed on Wednesdays*
                                *Cries as he has to wait two days to re-plant in early Spring*

• Coffeeshoplullabies

Coffeeshoplullabies Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My damn steel axe went missing at the start of summer... it's now summer 3 and I still don't have it..

I'm gonna go crazy if I have to restart. :/

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Missed two recipes from the cooking channel. One odd year one and one even year one. Now I can't cook all the recipes until year 4.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
                                    • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Unless they show up on Wednesday Reruns. Some recipes can also be purchased from Gus.

Phaena likes this.
                                      • gummywyrms

gummywyrms Pangalactic Porcupine

Found iridium ore AND a prismatic shard in the mines. Then I forgot to watch my health and died a few levels later. Didn't lose either of them, but I did lose my sword, and I've been having problems getting money to buy a new sword, so I restarted the day...

Another time I got a great sword (the last one you get from a chest in the mines), and I fainted and lost that one, too... But I didn't realize until the next day, so I couldn't restart.

• Julum

Julum Big Damn Hero

I accidentally sold my Lava Katana right after buying it. Fortunately, I'm not above spawning in a new one in case something like that happens.