Share your misfortune here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. V, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Someone on another thread (sorry, I can't seem to locate it just at this moment) used a trick of filling the entire town map with dead plants to track the exact movement paths of every villager during a normal season. With that map you can see what spots outside your farm are considered 'safe' from rampaging townsfolk. I would take it as a /guide/ only; villagers have been known to swerve off-path if you delay them, and there are a few special days every season that may not fit the usual pathing protocols.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Yes I remember that from the other thread, it was pretty funny actually. lol I mostly play it safe with "public" areas, other than the mine setup I've got the dock on the far right of the beach (the area past the repaired bridge) set up with my crab pots, a worm bin, a chest and two recycling bins. Everything else is on my farm.

Phaena likes this.
      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Probably for the best. For the record, I think the Dwarf's chamber off the mines is likely to be totally safe for storage. I've never seen the Dwarf move even once (unless you count his cut-scene with Krobus) and nobody else ever sets foot in there. With all that free space, it's probably a good production area for furnaces and crystalariums.

• LuthienNightwolf

My thoughts exactly Lilli - that's why he's watching over my crystalariums. lol

I think the only other person I've ever seen in the mine cave is Marlon, but that's at the very beginning of the game when he gives you the sword. So that whole area is pretty safe, to the best of my knowledge.

Phaena likes this.
          • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Abby goes to the mine cave too in her 10 heart event, but I don't think cutscenes mess with the actual surroundings? So neither Marlon (because that's a cutscene too) nor Abby would mess with anything in there. I think.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

One correction. Linus will appear there if he rescues you from passing out in the mines. I do not know if that is a cutscene or his actual presence. It's only happened to me once.

cankersaur likes this.
              • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Oh yeah that's true! Robin has actually rescued me too, no idea if that's considered a cutscene or not either though.

cankersaur likes this.
                • LuthienNightwolf

Oh, I didn't know about that - have never passed out in the mines. >u<

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Brilliant!

Can't you also look at the paths layer in tIDE?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I have no idea; never used it. Sounds possible, I expect!

• Jaed

Jaed Industrial Terraformer

Yep, I keep a chest at the mines, right next to the elevator. I had one at Robin's too but it went poof so must have been in someone's way.

• Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Accidentally giving a Elliot disliked gifted, for both gifts that week. Gave Abigail a seaweed, thinking it was a request item.

• LuthienNightwolf

I tried to give Haley a gift one time (I think it was her birthday) and she was walking past the trashcan right as I clicked her, accidentally clicked the trash can instead and grossed her out. But she quickly forgot about it when I handed her pink cake. lol

Phaena likes this.
                            • Jaed

Jaed Industrial Terraformer

I have 2 misfortunes to share with this thread.
                              First one was heading off into the uncleared section of the farm in order to scythe down grass, only to get myself absolutely stuck because I didn't have my axe. Ended up resetting the day because I couldn't find my way out and it was getting close to 2 am. So dumb... >.<

Second is actually a continuing problem/glitch/bug/pebcak when trying to fulfill ore quests for Clint. For whatever reason, he ends up receiving a single ore (which he hates) instead of the 30 or 40 he's requested for the quest. I did that three times in a row before I just quit picking up those quests. By the time I stopped, Clint was down to 1 heart and I had to gift him a lot to make up for it.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

You have to find the ore Clint is requesting, it's not just enough to grab the number he wants and give it to him.

Although there is a little cheaty trick where you can just grab the ore one by one from your chest, so you don't have to go down into the mine and mine it.

• B3th4n

B3th4n Intergalactic Tourist

I was wondering if someone could help me!
                                  In the beginning of the game when Marlon gives you the sword, my inventory was full so I never received it.

That doesn't bother me as I know you can purchase one inside the adventurers guild, however, I don't seem to be able to gain access, even though I've definitely killed more than 10 slimes?

Is there another way I can gain access or has anyone had the same problem and know of a solution?

• Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Passed out in the mine, and forgot anything below level 5. Shortly after I'd reached level 15.

• cankersaur

Have they all been green slimes? I think for some reason when I did this it only counted the green ones. Also, you have gotten the quest to kill the slimes, correct?

• B3th4n

B3th4n Intergalactic Tourist

Ah. I don't seem to have that quest. How do I activate it?

• cankersaur

Oh, shoot. I don't actually remember. The file says:
                                          Code:
                                          15: "Monster/Initiation/If you can slay 10 slimes, you'll have earned your place in the Adventurer's Guild./0 of 10 slimes slain./Green_Slime 10/16/0/-1/false" #!String
                                          So have you completed the social introductions, the "get to mine level ___" quest, and so on?