Story Shadows from the Abyss

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Zebe, Jan 4, 2014.

?

Whaddya want?

1. MORE, YES, OH YESS

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. I'd enjoy reading more of this. :)

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Nothin', just passin' by...

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. More of this? Not interested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lemonade, with lemon. Shaken, not stirred.

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

- - -

Shadows from The Abyss

Chapter 15

[REDACTED]

- - -

...?
    Next chapter tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Owl_Stalker and macodelo like this.
  2. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Hm... I wonder how the beast's brain works? I mean, to attack Earth, it obviously would have been able to use the millions of tentacles it has... how can it's brain handle that many limbs, and still coordinate a massive attack?
    Does it have a brain? Does it have eyes? Does it even have a body?

Zebe likes this.
  3. macodelo

macodelo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Killed off a good character. Damn. I wonder who's gonna replace him? He was practically the brains and practically the captain of the ship. Now the second in command, Zach, although smart I feel he has some heavy shoes to fill now that his adopted brother is gone. This is very sad indeed, but the crew (except for Mackney) trusts him. However, there should be someone who's gonna be the scientist of the group, and I have a hunch it has to be one of the remaining races not in the group (*cough* Hyotyl) :)

This is good, but some parts of the battle sequences didn't make sense because I was left conflicted whether Silver launched herself away from the beast after stabbing it with a spear, or pushed out with her feet while hanging on to the spear. In the end, to me the latter made sense because Zach helped her up with the spear, like pulling her away from the danger of the tentacles. She is very agile indeed.

This is great. Now if this story gets a sequel... Actually I will save this to the end ;)

Zebe likes this.
  4. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I require more floating tea cups.
    And I require more chapter 16!

Zebe likes this.
  5. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]

macodelo likes this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

- - -
    Shadows from The Abyss

Chapter 16

[REDACTED]

- - -

7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

- - -

Shadows from The Abyss

Epilogue

[REDACTED]

- - -

8. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Something is horribly wrong with the size of Davis' PC or the size of Zach's pocket.
    Anyway...

[​IMG]

MysticMalevolence and Zebe like this.
  9. MysticMalevolence

Kinda reminds me of the end to 11/22/63, without all of the confusing time-stuff of course.
    Although I'm very suprised Zach didn't off himself after his friends were eaten. He's obviously got some psycological problems now. Unless he's talking to someone, which is unlikely...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Zebe, macodelo and Owl_Stalker like this.
  10. macodelo

WHY!? WHY?! WHY?!

POR QUE?! Such a good story, but with so much loss and titanic monsters this calls for a soundtrack. AHEM!

Anyways, I loved it. And now I recall it, having played a human character before it all MAKES so much sense. HOLY SHIT! Now me playing an Apex character, it would make sense that I fill in the blanks as well for my story. But wow, so much loss. I did not see that coming.

Anyways, going back to what I was saving for in regards to a sequel, I was hoping this would be like a Mass Effect kind of story, in which the characters probably end up falling in love like a Tali and Shephard kind of THANG. LOL. But obviously the tentacle monster onboard thing, I should have known it would be a starter story just like any human player starting off Starbound. But not the story takes a very dark and lonely road, and I have to say it will be just like that from here on out, just like my character to has to overcome fear, loneliness, survival, and hatred. Of course, if I ever play with permadeath people on a server, the story will flourish. But until then, my story flourishes with NPC interaction.

11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]

12. MysticMalevolence

@Zebe the code is actually in chapter 5.
    No idea what it means. I'm lost.
    EDIT: Oh! Okay then. Thanks, google!
    I never really liked Lost.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Zebe likes this.
  13. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]

14. macodelo

I was sad when Silver died. She would have been a potential love interest to Zach or Nathan.

Zebe likes this.
  15. MysticMalevolence

That's why I instantly though 11/22/63. Even died the same way, pretty much.

Zebe likes this.
  16. macodelo

Who else died the same way? 11/22/63?

Zebe likes this.
  17. MysticMalevolence

11/22/63 is a Stephen King book about a man who's friend, Al, found a "bubble" in time that lead to the outside of the building in 1959. Al convinces his friend to go back in time and stop the JFK assassination.

When he goes to stop Oswald from shooting Kennedy, his girlfriend (from '63!) ends up getting shot in the heart by Oswald. It was pretty much a chance shot.

Zebe likes this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]

macodelo and MysticMalevolence like this.
  19. macodelo

Sounds like a good yet tragic book. Stephen King you mad man.

Good choice in resting too. I am only restricting gameplay and fanfics for weekends only. I been getting less rest and that is not good.

20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]